It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Spicy Chicken Pad Thai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A few weeks ago I tried out my Thai food skills! My bf was coming over for dinner and he loves Thai food so I asked what his favorites were and I made them.

The recipes came from the lady at the local Asian market (who is my new cooking buddy!)

I changed the recipes around and omitted some things he didnt eat and substituted with other items. There are three recipes I will post and link all of them in this post later on when i have finished making the threads.

These are very good and very easy and simple to make!

Mblah's Spicy Chicken Pad Thai

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3bf9d4d9988.jpg[/atsimg]

Ingredients

1 pack dried rice stick noodles
1 lb diced chicken cooked
1/2 cup roasted peanuts (take unsalted out of the shells nuts and bake in the oven til golden brown)
1 cup fresh beansprouts
1/2 cup chives cut into 1 inch pieces
6 eggs
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder
1/2 cup fish sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons garlic puree
2 tablespoons onion puree
1/2 cup of water
cilantro for decoration

Directions

1.Cook the chicken and dice into cubes or bite sized pieces and set aside.
2.Soak rice noodles in cold water for 15mins or til they are softened and cut into about 6inch pieces, strain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in large skillet or wok and add garlic and onion stir for about 2mins or so.
4 Next add one at a time the peanuts, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and chicken, stirring the mixture the entire time on medium heat.
5. Add eggs and continue to stir then add the 1/2 cup of water....when cooking the eggs scramble them in the skillet or wok
6. Add the noodles and stir CONTINUOUSLY!
7. Lastly add bean sprouts and chives
8. Add the cilantro to the top for decoration (it also tastes good!)

If you like you can add a 1/2 of a cup of each, tofu or baby shrimp. I didn't add shrimp because it went in the soup and fish cakes...plus I don't eat tofu and neither does he. You can really do a lot with this dish!

Goes with Spicy Fish Cakes with Cilantro Soy Dipping Sauce

Goes with Miso Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms and Shrimp
edit on Jul 19th 2011 by Djarums because: edit by member request

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Man that looks so delicious I almost wish my gf didn't already start dinner. I'll definitely be giving this a try in the next few days.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You're always posting such delicious looking food, and it's not fair that I don't get to actually eat it. So will you marry me?
All you have to do is cook, and I'll take care of everything else.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

S+F from me, as usual lovely looking food, your one of the few honours here on the Food & Cooking board!

Will have to try this one (and nearly all of your other recipes) when I get time...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

You're always posting such delicious looking food, and it's not fair that I don't get to actually eat it. So will you marry me?
All you have to do is cook, and I'll take care of everything else.

you made me blush

I love to cook! My mom growing up always cooked so I have enjoyed since a young age. I love to cook for others esp!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

S+F from me, as usual lovely looking food, your one of the few honours here on the Food & Cooking board!

Will have to try this one (and nearly all of your other recipes) when I get time...

Thanks DK!!

Yeah this is the closest I get to a cooking blog which I always wanted lol

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Blushing is a good thing, and my offer still stands, or at the very least invite me over.

I'm the same way. I grew up in the kitchen with my mom and grandmothers. They made sure me and my brothers knew how to cook. It's something I really enjoy, but tend to stick to the basics. You, however, make me want to branch out and try new things with all these delicious looking dishes you create. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the recipe.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Why thank you very much

Yeah both my brother and sister cook. My entire family cooks lol My mom is cooking every time i call her. She has her own garden and makes her own dips and salsas and jams. She is always making bread of some kind. I told her I'm coming over with a bag to go produce shopping.

Its funny friends tell my sister and I that we always make them hungry on our FB's because we are both always posting food and recipes lol She makes different foods than I do though. She makes a lot of Spanish foods. I prefer Italian, French, German and Asian. I am not a fan of many of the ingredients in Spanish food, some I like. She makes some good Cuban dishes I could get into that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You're more than welcome.

I have a small herb and vegi garden myself out back. Fresh ingredients make all the differance. One of my favorites is when I have eggplants, tomatoes and basil all at once. I'll make a wonderful version of eggplant parmesan. I'll have to post the recipe one day, it's super easy.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi there,

Thank you for the recipe, its easy to make and delish, it something that if not prepared for this tasteful dish will make an appreciative meal! Some leftovers to share too.

Cheers!

top topics

join