It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What every person has

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Ever wonder what dejavu is? It's God. Ya; that is right. Omni present. Sometimes he is apon you and it feels like you have been there before. Some times you dream and it happens in real life. What do you think it is?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think it's the outcome of a precogative awareness. Basically the manifestation of what you "flashed" on. Thus it seems like you've been there before.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
But, how did you become you? Space dust? Did we come from space dust or the dust of this earth that was made by your original image? Man did not make man, right?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
sometimes it's just a little seizure.

www.epilepsy.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have "Simple Partial Seizures".

To hell with it. I'd rather just believe I can see the future.

I am still forced to wonder how many "disorders" are, in fact, "talents" for which psychologists simply do not have explanations that conform to their preconceptions.

I guess we�ll have the last laugh when we vivisect them with our mind rays.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Randoms is right...

Deja Vu is nothing mystical, would explain why I get Deja Vu at the most random insignificant times...like taking a bite of cereal, or opening a dresser door, etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This article gives the following three possible explanations, but research is still being done to determine which one(s) is/are the correct explanations:

Spontaneous neural activity in the parahippocampal gyrus

According to this theory, the brain suffers a small seizure in the parahippocampal system, which is associated with spatial processing and our sense of familiarity.

Slowdown in the secondary visual pathway

It is well established that we process visual information through two pathways. One goes directly to the visual cortex, in the occipital lobe. The secondary pathway, which is infinitesimally slower, is routed through various other areas of the brain, notably the parietal cortex, on its way to the occipital lobe. Some researchers believe that a deja vu experience occurs when signals on the secondary pathway move too slowly, and the brain interprets this second wave of data as a separate experience.

Inattentional blindness

Imagine that you drive through an unfamiliar town but pay it little attention because you are talking on a cellphone. If you then drive back down the same streets a few moments later, this time focusing on the landscape, you might be prone to experience deja vu. During your second pass, the visual information is consciously processed in the hippocampus but feels falsely "old" because the images from your earlier drive still linger in your short-term memory.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
One theory i have read about explains it this way. We have particules smaller than atoms that we produce during thought or in the memory part of our pineal gland called tachyons ,and these tachyons travel backward in time as well as forwards and it is these things we can pick up on in what would be the past to us.
Parker

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
there have been studies that show dejuavo occures when the mind slows down for a split second therefore making you think u have seen or been somewhere before. well u actually have but only seconds before.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Our brain works in a way in which it creates sense or bigger picture out of small bits of information from the senses. So, sometimes parts of the input matches old memory which causes the brain to bring the old memory image back to the present, which creates the "deja vu" feeling. Click here for more explanation.

The feelings of "deja" are divided into three different types: Deja vecu (already experienced), Deja senti (already felt), and Deja visite (already visited).
Click here for more information about the three different types.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i get acute migraines on a fairly regular basis and one of the ways i can predict one is coming is deja vu type experiences, along with aura experiences. i take anti-seizure medication (topomax) every day to prevent migraines.

there is evidence showing that in ancient times those who had spontaneous seizure-like episodes were thought to have paranormal powers.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
De Ja Vu does not exists for me anymore. You get past that when your dreams evolve to prophetic and they are from GOD in my opinion.

De Ja Vu is you flashing back to your dream of seeing this situation already.

The scary part is, what happened next. Thats the worst

Just try to remember dreams that are realistic. My prophetic dreams are very lucid and if it seems reality based than it may happen. We dont remember close to half the dreams we have so its good to write down what you can. The longer you are awake the more you will forget. Dont wait for it whatever you do. Ive had visions that happen the next day up to what could be the end.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by DragonflyKingdom]

[edit on 16-8-2004 by DragonflyKingdom]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
often De ja vu is what happens when a memory in short term memory jumps to long-term memory without warning. its like a glitch in your brain. the normal path of memory is that it goes to short-term memory, and then eventually to long term memory. long-term memory like a hard-drive, and short-term memory like a computers RAM. De ja vu occurs when a memory that just happens skips short-term memory and goes straight to long-term memory, which happens in like a milli second. So now, instantly, your brain is tricked into thinking you saw what just happened before, when infact you didnt.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So far amantine has offered the best solution I can see, I dabbed into neurology awhile ago and alot of the answer he (or she) has provided offer insight into this. People I suggest allowing science and not paranormal activity to settle this one, the brain is an amazing organ and can explain many things dubbed "paranormal."

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I always thought that dejavu was a physical experience of the Copenhagen Collapse.

As two realities merge, one tyeing off an alternate loop (disintigrating time line) and flowing back into the main.

Then again I haven't experienced dejavu since I was about nineteen or twenty or so and that was my thought at the time.

I don't really know much about it, but the links were very helpful and Im sure there is a reasonable explanation to it like those already posted.

But hey, I figured I'd chuck in my 2 cents.

Spiderj

[edit on 8/16/2004 by Spiderj]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by parker
One theory i have read about explains it this way. We have particules smaller than atoms that we produce during thought or in the memory part of our pineal gland called tachyons ,and these tachyons travel backward in time as well as forwards and it is these things we can pick up on in what would be the past to us.
Parker

Tachyons can't travel forward in time. They are restricted to larger than c speeds and can therefore only travel backwards in time.

But probably tachyons don't exist. Charged tachyons should cause huge amounts of Cherenkov radiation, which we don't see. They would also violate causality.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They do sound like good answers.

Well I can defiantely say it from experience that De Ja Vu is a flashback to a prophetic dream however all the other possibilites seems possible as well.

Im more apt to go toward the mystical then biological

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have been experiencing deja vu in the last several years. For most of my life, I could not even comprehend the descriptions of the experience. For me it is just as most people say, whatever is happening seems inexplicabley familiar, but it is in no way a premonition.

I tend to go with the neurological explanations. I have a history of migraines and in fact, I am having one right now, mild in comparison to most. It began with visual anomolies which persist and now I am having mild nausea along with the headache.

I didn't know that deja vu was related to simple partial seizures until now and i have to wonder if those and migraines are related.

Very interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The other night I dreamed I had a new volkswagon. In the dream some men stole it and drove it away. I called the cops.
I woke up thinking "What a stupid dream", I would never drive a volkswagen! (No offense to volkswagen owners)

The next day I watched "Cops" on t.v. with their usual car chases arresting the "bad guys" and such.
A few minutes after it went off I go into my car to go to town. I got behind a volkswagen just like the one in my dream.
Looking at this, the cop show I had watched and the volkwagen became some kind of deja vu.
Makes me wonder what the point of deja vu is. If there is any...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Deja vu is usually unrelated to precognition.....this is why you don't know about the event before you get the feeling that it has happened before.

Dreaming something, or thinking of it BEFORE it happens is likewise NOT deja vu.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join