It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS needs a badge system to track prediction accuracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Y2K? Web Bot? 2012? Nibiru? Political Assassinations? Comet/Earthquake [insert name here]? (etc, etc)

I've read soooooo many posts here on ATS that involve someone claiming to have ABSOLUTE proof that some terrible thing is about to happen, and that the MSM and TPTB are trying their hardest to hide it from the general public. These posts become hugely popular, often times with several followup threads. The predicted dates come and go with nothing whatsoever happening...

Don't get me wrong, I love conspiracy theories. I think there are bits of truth in a lot of what I read here on ATS. I also realize that one bad prediction doesn't particularly mean everything else is untrue as well.

What I suggest ATS needs is some kind of accuracy badge system that permanently follows a user. It would be very helpful to be able to see a member's prediction accuracy right below their name or something. I keep fearing/imagining that some of the more outlandish and silly conspiracy theories that offer "ABSOLUTE PROOF" of disaster X are authored by the same people over and over again... and frankly, it makes me sick of reading ATS.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So if I predict that not a lot of people will care and I am wrong what happens then?

Does that taint my credibility?

What about people who post confusing threads or flame?

I think thats what the flag sytem is for.

but alas, I am Guessing

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

I agree with you. I personally think those prediction threads are ruining ATS and making it's members look like delusional buffoons.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by kadugen

I can predict the future accurate enough to get throngs of ats members to worship my every word.

But that's the problem with this community....ignorance. Having some ignorant badge system indicating accuracy only treats the symptom and not the cause.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The predictions thread should just be abolished.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago.
Then I decided not to read any of the prediction threads anymore.
They're all bunk.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Need a "Junk" button like on ZeroHedge. If a post gets too many Junks it gets removed. Could do the same, and add the feature to threads too. And track how many Junks someone gets. If people have any self-respect they'll be more careful about how they post. It's like moderating on a community level. And that sounds like something the Site Owners would be interested in as they want to keep the UGC at a high level. Fear-mongering does not help the site as it has no consequences right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Predictions are a product of the poster and the topic. A blend of what the OP wants and the necessary supporting reasoning (if there is any). A chef will predict a pot roast, while a butcher will predict a cow cut into pieces.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think everyone should get one prediction

if you fail....

banned 4 life..

fair?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What's with all these threads regarding prediction threads recently?!?!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
yes some are sick of them, some make fun of them, some believe in them, we should leave it up to the poster reader and the mods what can be posted, if we start banning because some one had an itchy toe and said a "EQ w as to hit CA, today", what if that person was right, who would be laughing then? or if some one posted "AZ will be the first state to be its own country, my frosted flakes told me so", and it did what then ? Anything is possible, should we not be open minded enough to see this, or has this site been corrupted and not longer seeks the unknown?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
A badge system for predictions might just end up encouraging more random prediction threads.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
These "predictions" are going to come back with a full force, no doubt. Its the people that actually encourage them that fuels these peoples fires. But the truth of the matter is, they arent going away any time soon, so i agree with a junk button or something

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by seedofchucky

I agree 100%. I say that because I can predict things in the near future that will for sure come true.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

First...let me say...i absolutely LOVE your avatar. That's exactly MY perception of Jesus. I see HIM as a cool, laid back type of fella...who saw the B.S., in the world, just like we do. See, even during HIS times....they had 'banks' and they had the same 'conspiracies' that we have today. The difference between Jesus and 'us' is Jesus actually had the BALLS to speak up and speak out, against corruption; from the church to the gov't. I say it all the time, if Jesus were alive today...HE'd suffer the same fate. The only difference would be....a bullet to the head. Jesus' whole ministry was about finding the GOD within! It was HIS job to fulfill the law, which HE did, now...all WE have to do....is love one another. So easy, yet so difficult; as we can see, these days.

Anyway...on topic...as far as predictions goes.....well......EVERYONE has been wrong. It's not just here, on ATS, it's everything on the internet. What ever happened to 'martial law'...the 'amero'...the N.A.U...the caskets in Georgia, F.E.M.A. camps, disclosure, the oil spill, Japan, etc..etc??? So far, it's been TOTAL FAILURE! Did anyone 'predict' 9-11, or the oil spill, Japan, Haiti, or anything that has ACTUALLY happened; or is everyone just trying to be Nostradamus?

Me personally, i still got my eyes set on 12/21/2012 and the build-up that happens, before then. I still say that's the date...SOMETHING is going to happen. As a matter of fact...all of next year worries me...starting in January....and lasting all year long...til December 21st. I'm not claiming the 'end of the world'...because that could happen tomorrow...but i do BELIEVE something will happen. Why? a) mostly everyone knows about that date and the way it's falsely associated with 'doomsday'...and b) TPTB never let an opportunity go to waste. To me....12/21 is a great opportunity to fool the people into thinking the world is ending via "man-made natural disasters"; AND while that is being played out...it gives "them" the opportunity to install the NEW system...with LESS people. If you were to collapse it all...wouldn't you chose that date? Think about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Can't forget Nostrodamus

He would also get a badge

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

ATS needs a badge system to track prediction accuracy

Originally posted by kadugen
I keep fearing/imagining that some of the more outlandish and silly conspiracy theories that offer "ABSOLUTE PROOF" of disaster X are authored by the same people over and over again... and frankly, it makes me sick of reading ATS.

I hear ya.

I pushed, shoved, fell and farted but got this done in like 30 seconds in photoshop.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05a8152d4f7b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by kadugen

I agree with you. I personally think those prediction threads are ruining ATS and making it's members look like delusional buffoons.

I think name calling is ruining ATS

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

Why would we need that when none of them are ever accurate?...........

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

So let me get this straight...so like "points for accuaracy"? Each "predictor" will have a different status as they "score hits?" correctly? I think I see it. I like Slayers efforts (final product, not the inbetween) but mine would be like this:

0:0:0

Each "predictor" will start, and predicatably, stay right there. Forever. No need to change anything for life!

CJ

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join