It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bad omen of things to come...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

What food resources does Libya really have? The dinar/gold as a world currency would seem a more likely answer than to invade them for food

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KISSAEA123
Might not hurt to stock up on the grains at least. Got a bad feeling prices are going to be jumping up even more by fall/winter.

I agree with this, and it's something I said in my first reply. It's not kooky to stock up and be prepared. Look at what's going on within the areas that the bulk of the food is grown in the U.S....doesn't look so hot. The prices may be expensive now, but they'll be even worse later on, I reckon.

As to any solutions to this issue? It's out of my field of expertise, that;s for sure. (That field being studio art...lol)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The water is scarce it seems everywhere but instead of building pipelines and desalination plants...
Our friendly gov't builds wars for oil and money.
Using taxmoney to further its conquest for "Democracy".
Instead of investing billions into what has been developed already.
They use trillions to pay banks and lobbyists' to fund wars.
Instead of taking care of it's people, *ahem...or revenue source.
It would be a huge benefit to have spent decades funding water desalination plants.
Turning sea-water into potable water.
Instead they spent decades arguing about what to spend.
...and where else to spend it. (not in the USA)

I can't wrap my head around why there is more money spent on other things.
Water is a necessity!
It isn't something we can live without.

Something is wrong with this picture.

We need to keep alert and aware.
Good job DaddyBare and keep us posted.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
While I agree this is horrible, I wouldn't worry too much. After all, I'm sure the American government will just TAKE what they want from other countries around them when it gets bad enough. As a Canadian, this does worry me as we have not only one of the largest unsettled areas of land but are also a land of many resources (water, wood,etc).

If you don't believe that the USA wouldn't go to war to get what they want just take a look at the Gulf war.....for OIL. Well, fresh water will be the "oil" of the future and we're just a stones throw away. Most likely though,the Canadian government will just end up selling the rights to it to the USA, foregoing what its own peoples want or have to say about it like they always do.

Don't get me wrong.....we have more than enough to share and I, as a regular joe citizen would be all for helping our friends to the south out as best as we can. I just don't trust the governments to do what is right for either country. And if it were the other way around, would the US government lend assistance to Canada knowing that it would lower their own stockpile? I would like to think so but......
edit on 19-7-2011 by QBSneak000 because: addition

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And yet another blow to the few remaining quality, family-owned farms that are being economically assassinated by mega-corporations who couldn't care less about the quality and safety of their product...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here's a great article about what I am talking about.

Water Gold

It has been said that water will be "the oil of the 21st century," or "liquid gold," and that it will cause wars between nations. Whatever happens with regard to global water, and the environmental, economic and political fallout, Canada will be a major player. Talks have intensified during the past few years on whether Canada should take advantage of its bountiful supply of water by selling it for profit – like gas, oil and timber.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

cycles.
the 1930s dust bowl is here again. the 1929 crash 27 year repeated to 2009/10.
this dust bowl cycle is 27 years too.
ww I 1914.
ww II 1941.
ww III 2020...2023 !!

will be war time again soon, there were records in the middle 1930s that still stand today. this will go on for awhile.

what do you think all this overweight population is *FOR*, anyways?! we are paying the racial insuance premiums, only the fat will survive a famine!

freestone

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've lived in Kansas for years, the droughts are nothing new. This is more fear mongering, instead of worrying about problems find solutions. Have you heard of cloud seeding? Rain dances? Every people had technology to control the weather, but people now are too stupid to actually do anything - other than complain.

Another thing, most the food doesn't come locally anyways, and wheat, corn, etc are not naturally sustainable, that's why they are cultivated, and grown with care. Plant fruit trees, innovate.

I'm not falling for stuff like this, when reports show that less than 1% of that planets habitable regions are habitated.

These price fluctuations have nothing to do with supply. The food supply is not dwindling, you can thank the futures market for price fluctuations, just like oil prices are not controlled by OPEC, but NYMEX. Lets read more guys..
edit on 19-7-2011 by Majeure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I wish you guys could have some of our water in northern california. Its really weird we still have a snow pack and get occasional wet weather.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Its a bad thing, but this La Nina weather, so it will disappear eventually.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah but the damage has already done... If this heat wave were to break right now
we might be able to limit or summer farming losses to ...80% or so... meaning 80% less available food for the coming winter... wounder that will do to the commodity markets???

The damage is always done by La Nina... It's a cycle.... Just like always

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So strange! I have a friend that live in Kansas (5 hours from me in Denver) we are getting HEAVY rain every night for weeks, meanwhile he's sitting in 3 digit temps and no rain to speak of. I don't know how much I buy into the global warming deal. They say a sign of G.W. Is more extremes...Houston we have extremes!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Thanks i haven't seen this article. I have always wondered this even though harper is a bend over i'll do what you want kinda guy who's selling Canada down the river. You know who really owns this country though eh. Zio-nits, i mean.. nists.
Welcome to Monsanto Water, 1500.00 a barrel.

btw gave you your 1000th star, couldnt help myself

edit on 19-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Feast or famine?

While drought is bad in areas, look at all of the floods and record water levels in lakes, rivers and reservoirs to the north.

On the following page you can get a picture of the country in whole and see where it is bad...

www.crh.noaa.gov...

I drove through Nebraska and Iowa last week and the crops all look VERY healthy!

Many states have had too much rain and snow... way too much!

So maybe this is more isolated?

Possibly things are more balanced on the whole than not?

Doesn't make it better, I know but one must look at the "big picture"

Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
reply to post by QBSneak000

Thanks i haven't seen this article. I have always wondered this even though harper is a bend over i'll do what you want kinda guy who's selling Canada down the river. You know who really owns this country though eh. Zio-nits, i mean.. nists.
Welcome to Monsanto Water, 1500.00 a barrel.

btw gave you your 1000th star, couldnt help myself

edit on 19-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

Awe thanks!!

Yeah, Harper is a sell out to the biggest pocketbooks. He needs to go.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevRay
I recently heard that another dust cloud hit Arizona. I used to live out West.

This much I can tell you is that to many freakish weather is happening for me. When watch the MSM they are more interested in Entertainment issues and the Debt then the major issues we are facing Globally.

Seems like the Great Creator did talk to me, led me and my family to the Smokie Mountains for some odd reason. Just before I became disabled we got this 3/4 acre and finished building my house.

On this land which is North facing on the side of a mountain we have our own Artisian Well Water that flows about 2 gallons a minute constantly. Didn't want to waste all that water so we built a Fish Pond and still there is now an overflow down the mountain . Next is to build a small power station for we have a good head long run to create pressure.
We have installed a Gray water system for everything but the toilets which are bio-mass.
Have also planted vegi's garden on half the land and our soil couldn't be better. Much being grown.
Have also increase Solar Power for our lighting and ordered a 12V flat screen with DVD in it for $300 from a trucking supply. Now most everything will be 12V with 8 deep cycle batteries.
House has Wood Heat with central heat and Air if needed. Tons of Wood here.
Front of property has a trout stream, meaning fresh fish whenever we like. Also Deer meat readily available out my window Oh and wild Turkey too.
Next will be some chickens.
Still not done with Spring house, but soon.

Seems as if the Great Creator instilled in me the knowledge needed for some weird reason only he knew.

If there is any one on ATS who can Pass Security Clearance above 12 or say a 14 orange and would like to work for you keep and learn let me know. We have room for one more. But you must have Faith and determinded to survive whatever may come.
We are blessed, but I am dying slowly from a Bad Heart and need help in all to yet be done. Some building skills and Faith and good Rap sheet for consideration.
I have a means to verify through the FBI anyone wishing to come out this way.

You all be careful and hold on to what you love and buckle up for the amuzement ride is just climbing the tracks to a real downward fall.

This is interesting RevRay. Edgar Cayce (died 1945) said the western portions of the North & South Carolinas would survive the coming "Earth Changes." Good luck with finding a helper.

Do you have the Foxfire books? It's a compendium of pre-Industrial knowledge: how to make your own everything. Knowledge that would have been common among our great, great, great grandparents on the frontiers who did not have easy access to stores. Self-suffiency was a way of life for most back then.

Best of luck with your enterprise.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is a great documentary on the subject of water in the world called Blue Gold

Part 1

Part2

Part 3

Part4

Part 5

Part 6

edit on 19-7-2011 by QBSneak000 because: fix link

edit on 19-7-2011 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
This is a great documentary on the subject of water in the world called Blue Gold

You'd think it was gold, when you look at what people pay for bottled water.

Something you could once get for free in most places, or for pennies or less per gallon everywhere.

It's insane, no wonder the major drink and beverage bottlers are so deep into the bottled water business now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Question to the geniuses out there... Approximately how much would it cost you to fill your bathtub with your favorite bottled water?

How much to flush your toilet once with the same?

How much to water your lawn?

Wash your car?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here in South Florida we had drought conditions (we're still under water restrictions even though the summer rains finally arrived two or three weeks ago). I was finishing up my last semester at a local university here which also has many ponds on the property. These are ponds that I was used to and in the rainy times we'd had a year ago, I remember them being all the way up to the grass lines, but in two years I never saw them get as low as they did over the last five months.

Just before the rains started again I stopped being their full time because I graduated (good reason, right?). Anyway, by that point, the water had retreated such that the wetland plants normally visible bellow the water line at the edge were high, dry and withered.

Everything seemed brown and dying, everywhere I looked. I can't scream gloom and doom, but ironically, wasn't the dustbowl just after the first wave of economic problems during the great depression. This time around we do not have hundreds of thousands of subsistence and small crop farmers to flee to the cities (the great rural to urban shift), but this time around we do have massive corporate farming that will cut its losses and pass the repercussions on to the consumer. I agree with the OP. And now, today hearing about this "gang of six" business...I'm just not sure what to expect in six months time.

I recommend...strike that...I HIGHLY recommend ...strike that I URGE you to read Grapes of Wrath if you never have. They say we are doomed to repeat history and that book is almost prophetic in that Steinbeck really lays out a vivid look of the tribulations people went through back then. It isn't so much prophecy as detailed observance, in that case, because I really see how, even though things were different down to small details back in the 30s, the underlying circumstances are still very appropriate.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tib50
reply to post by DaddyBare

Some things to think about:

1) The shocking news that, soon after the US Army Corps of Engineers decided to flood millions of acres of prime Missouri farmland, the very same Army Corps offered to BUY the flooded land dirt cheap from the ruined farmers

2) Then there was the mysterious oil spill in Montana, ruining more prime farmland by NOT WARNING farmers downriver to stop spraying their fields in time

3) University research programmes indicate that "weather modification", "geoengineering", chemtrails and HAARP really might have the power to cause any kind of drought, flood, earthquake, volcano, hurricane or tsunami

4) Widespread reports that wherever there is mass chemtrail spraying, there is drought, because the chemicals bond with the moisture in the clouds, preventing it from falling as rain

5) Then there is the map of the proposed "Wildlife Areas", covering most of Kansas. And Missouri. And Montana. And everywhere.

6) It seems quite possible, horrific but possible, that this drought is part of the NWO plan to take our land and drive us all into the cities, where we can be more easily controlled.

Something to think about (which "ThinkingCap" has already done in his post below).

Thanks for listing some of these suspicious things. I have no trouble believing -- because I believe the Depopulation Agenda is real. I'm afraid a perfect storm is being arranged for us.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The whole country is experiencing unusual constant highs in the 90's, 100's. I live in middle TN & we've had strong heat too. Only in the last few days we got some good rain showers. This afternoon I saw 2 fawn's running, playing and eating behind my house. I have never seen fawn in person. They later ran back into the woods so I hope they got back with their mom.
edit on 19-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join