It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bad omen of things to come...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
On the other hand in northern Scotland they have had 7 years worth of rain in the last 21 days. Its been flood after flood after flood.

insane weather.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Continue to drain the deep aquifers of the continent for irrigation that is mostly surface irrigation(this ends up evaporated, mostly)and it will get to the desertification part never mind aridification......
We are the most wasteful of creatures when ot comes to water, the basic fluid of life.
We need to build huge solar powered desalination plants for big city water, rather than divert rivers.
We need to sub irrigate almost exclusively.
Much technology can be put into water conservation though(as in waterless washer for clothes and such)
We need to go back to smaller more diverse farm holdings rather than huge mass production over vast acreages.
if we had more diversification then local shortages would not be so serious because there would be supply to take up the demand. fairly close by....
Drought or flood would ot be so damaging if there was some variety too.(more trees?)
We need to rethink all our farming and food production from the ground up, and sooner than later too.....
I believe that there is a need for a back to the land surge instead of another war.....We need those young men at home farming and raisin kids.Nothing sets a mans miind on the future like having offspring.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
All deserts were one fertile land, so its not out the question to say we could be seeing the birth of Earth's newest desert.

But hey, it doesn't have to be a doom and gloom situation, because when one door opens (fertile land turns to desert), another door closes (some desert will turn into fertile land). It's the cycle of Mother Earth, there is no sense in fighting it.

Now's the time to buy up land in the Middle East and Northern Africa, which is exactly what our countries leaders are doing.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Just remember that this is local.. Here we have had the opposite problem with flooding instead of droughts.
The reason is simple.. The jet streams have moved which has changed the weather patterns and is most likely due to the change in solar activity "lowest activity in at least a century".

Either way this is completely natural and just happens from time to time. Climate and weather is just not as stable as some people would like you to think.

edit on 19-7-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Now that I thought about this for a few minutes, I doubt we would see another dustbowl like the last one, farming changed after the dust bowl, to prevent loss of top-soil.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

cloud seeding has been proven to work.. why not us it?
hmm

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That racoon is so cute.

Im proud of you as im sure are others for taking care of it.

Help the animals and learn to grow something people.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't forget about all the crops that were destroyed in the Alabama area at the end of April. The devastation to the crops there was awful and will be felt.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but that raccoon is SOOO CUTE! So what happened after you gave him water? Does he just keep coming back?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
You are so right we are in an event that will be of epic porportions. I've kept my eye not only on this country with the flooding out of fields and draught conditions. Fire burning grazing lands of animals also. But many other countries are having the same problems.

I read a few weeks back where food in one part of China went up 40% because the crops were flooded out. A friend of mine in England wrote me on their news it said the cattle in Japan were dying from radiation yet the government tells them it is safe to eat it. Africa is having the worst draught in many years.

At work I mention to those about the prices going up in the grocery store for anything with wheat in it. Hardly no one notices. It took me a while to figure out why. I do not get food stamps so I pay attention to the prices. I noticed when a box of mac and cheese went from 75 cents to $1.22. I told my son then these people do not see because the money is not coming out of their pocket. They will not see until those food stamps don't last them but a half of a month.

We have been told in multiple prophecies this time would come but many shake their heads thinking we are foolish for what we believe. We will see who is foolish when those that haven't stocked up can't afford to buy a loaf of bread and are hungry.

Look on the bright side. At least the elite will get that reduction in world population because of this.......oh right.....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I recently heard that another dust cloud hit Arizona. I used to live out West.

This much I can tell you is that to many freakish weather is happening for me. When watch the MSM they are more interested in Entertainment issues and the Debt then the major issues we are facing Globally.

Seems like the Great Creator did talk to me, led me and my family to the Smokie Mountains for some odd reason. Just before I became disabled we got this 3/4 acre and finished building my house.

On this land which is North facing on the side of a mountain we have our own Artisian Well Water that flows about 2 gallons a minute constantly. Didn't want to waste all that water so we built a Fish Pond and still there is now an overflow down the mountain . Next is to build a small power station for we have a good head long run to create pressure.
We have installed a Gray water system for everything but the toilets which are bio-mass.
Have also planted vegi's garden on half the land and our soil couldn't be better. Much being grown.
Have also increase Solar Power for our lighting and ordered a 12V flat screen with DVD in it for $300 from a trucking supply. Now most everything will be 12V with 8 deep cycle batteries.
House has Wood Heat with central heat and Air if needed. Tons of Wood here.
Front of property has a trout stream, meaning fresh fish whenever we like. Also Deer meat readily available out my window Oh and wild Turkey too.
Next will be some chickens.
Still not done with Spring house, but soon.

Seems as if the Great Creator instilled in me the knowledge needed for some weird reason only he knew.

If there is any one on ATS who can Pass Security Clearance above 12 or say a 14 orange and would like to work for you keep and learn let me know. We have room for one more. But you must have Faith and determinded to survive whatever may come.
We are blessed, but I am dying slowly from a Bad Heart and need help in all to yet be done. Some building skills and Faith and good Rap sheet for consideration.
I have a means to verify through the FBI anyone wishing to come out this way.

You all be careful and hold on to what you love and buckle up for the amuzement ride is just climbing the tracks to a real downward fall.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I understand Kansas has it bad, but, remember Somalia's drought is on the verge of a humanitarian crisis, we can't forget about them

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
so what...if we run out of food the poor (africa, asia & stuff) get a bit less...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

In my honest opinion, divine justice for retardation.

Do tell, are they GM crops? Cause I'd laugh if they are.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
yeah we have had some of the same problems with drought here in north Carolina. it impacted some farmers here really hard

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Each year since 2009 worldwide there has been more and more "insurance" catastrophe's, flooding, drought, storm damage, earthquakes and yes volcanoes. Just take a look at Lloyd's of London underwriters to see each year is costing them more and more.

When I was growing up I watched the news everyday (BBC World Service) and this is NOT normal in my 40 odd years on this planet, my parent's in their 60's do not recall worldwide issues like now due to natural disasters, nor did my grandparents mention this kind of thing. Perhaps a small blip on geological timescales but the planet is definately changing. Back when I was a teenager we had a large famine in Africa (Biafra and later Ethiopia) , and a few bad floods in Bangladesh / Pakistan ... now we have flooding over a huge swathe of the USA, Mexico, Cloumbia, China, Philipines Pakistan, India, Poland, Sri Lanka, Vietnam even the UK ..and lets no forget Oz last year .... usually after droughts .... lovely

So just to cheer us up another food stample in trouble - rice ....
www.nst.com.my...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There's something seriously wrong across the board, I'm in the UK and crab apples are ripening now (should be in September), and hazel nuts are nearly ready more than a month early

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In regard to cloud seeding efforts, it seems they are not enough. From the article in previous post:

The Holy Grail of water managers is to find a drought-proof water source. Weather modification (“weather mod”), or cloud seeding, is a particularly appealing ideal. When American chemists discovered that dry ice dropped into clouds produced snow, and that clouds seeded with silver iodide produced rain, they rhapsodized about ending drought. Under perfect conditions, weather mod can increase precipitation by 10 to 15 percent. Ski areas, including Vail, Colo., hire companies to seed snow-producing clouds. And China claims that it produced 36 billion metric tons of rain a year between 1999 and 2006.

But critics, including the National Research Council, question weather mod and its efficacy. Bottom line: though evidence suggests weather mod works to a limited extent, it is unlikely to produce a major supply of water soon.

Related

Drought Spreads Pain From Florida to Arizona (July 12, 2011)
The ocean is a more promising water source. For centuries people have dreamed of converting saltwater into a limitless supply of fresh water. In 1961 President John F. Kennedy said that “if we could ever competitively, at a cheap rate, get fresh water from saltwater” it would “dwarf any other scientific accomplishments.” By 2008 over 13,000 desalination plants around the world produced billions of gallons of water a day. But “desal,” which is costly and environmentally controversial, has been slow to catch on the United States.

www.nytimes.com...
Desalinization sounds nice, but the costs? Well the costs compared to what? Suffering agro economy, thirsty people, livestock and crops? Why can't part of all the subsidies for corn go into desalinization efforts? Guess there is the environmental aspect of desalinization to, in what to do with all the extracted salt?

spec
edit on 19-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RevRay

I know this is off topic, please excuse me DaddyBare....please look up what ribose can do for you RevRay

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Daddybare, thanks so much for this post. I really had no idea things were this bad in your state. I hope it gets better for you guys.

Seems we are seeing the opposite conditions over here in Central Cali. We had rain showers all the way up through the middle of June this year and our summer has been extremely mild. Usually, we see summer-like temps (sometimes up in the 90's) starting in May and sometimes those temps last all the way into the beginning of September. This year has been like no other I've ever seen. We've had very low temps, with only a few days in the 90's here and there. I've also noticed in the past couple of years that the leaves don't start falling off the trees until late November or early December. Another whacky phenomenon.

Things are definitely not the same.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join