It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: FBI Raids Homes of Suspected Anonymous Hackers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Link: FBI Raids Homes of Suspected 'Anonymous' Hackers

The metropolitan police in London arrested the first alleged member of the LulzSec group on June 20, a 19-year-old teen named Ryan Cleary. Subsequent sweeps through Italy and Switzerland in early July led to the arrests of 15 more people -- all between the ages of 15 and 28 years old.

Hahaha....

Oh my god! Anonymous is just a group of teens and young adults.

Anonymous is just one BIG FAT joke.

We are Anonymous.
We lack a driver's licenses.
We have acne.
We just went on our first date.
We are going through adolescence.
We are legion.
Expect us at the prom.

edit on 7/19/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Silly FBI

This is only going to gain more of a following for Anonymous. The FBI need to realise that Anonymous are not the enemy.

The vile corporations, governments and such are the ones who need their doors booted down.

That would only make sense if you believe the FBI to be impartial. If you the believe the FBI to work for TPTB, then the corporations, governments and such are not the enemy, but allies of the FBI.

Also, all it takes is to arrest one of the Anonymous members. Kids are tough while protected under the anonimity of the internet. Lets see how arrogant and tough they get once they are arrested and the FBI uses their playbook to try and get as much info they can out of that kid. I would bet my mone the kid would easily crack down and spill the beans...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I bet most of the people posting on here have contributed to hacking efforts without knowing it.

If you've ever downloaded something, from anywhere, *especially* (but not limited to) torrents (legitimate or otherwise) then chances are, you have contributed to hacking by means of a botnet. Think of it like the manchurian candidate or sleeper cells. They segment a virus into benign files and distribute it amongst thousands or millions of people, and it only works once it's activated, and the otherwise useless and undetectable files are put into motion on all of our computers.

It could even be on a Windows installation disc. You don't know, and no one does. This is why the term "anonymous" to describe a group of hackers is a joke. They will never find who starts this, ever. Technology is out of control and you cannot stop it, never. So they need to deal with it, and instead, need to recognize and take on action on why people are so upset.

I can tell you one thing. They do have similarities with Al Qaeda, as some neo-cons like to claim, in that they take "responsibility" for something they never did, to feel special. Referring to the kids getting arrested, or to anyone making claims of being responsible.

Whoever started all of this, however long ago, will never brag about it, and is probably living a rather normal life, entertaining themselves with something else, because their user-input isn't necessary anymore, to continue these operations. They are most likely employed be a federal agency, completely removed, literally and figuratively, from all negative attention.
edit on 19-7-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

The metropolitan police in London arrested the first alleged member of the LulzSec group on June 20, a 19-year-old teen named Ryan Cleary. Subsequent sweeps through Italy and Switzerland in early July led to the arrests of 15 more people -- all between the ages of 15 and 28 years old.

Hahaha....

Oh my god! Anonymous is just a group of teens and young adults.

Anonymous is just one BIG FAT joke.

We are Anonymous.
We lack a driver's licenses.
We have acne.
We just went on our first date.
We are going through adolescence.
We are legion.
Expect us at the prom.

You know this for sure right? You know them all? Call the FBI with all their numbers names and addresses instead of coming here and ripping something up your dont understand

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by minto
Who would pay their wages if were all in jail?

This is a fallacy. Not only is the group miniscule in size compared to global population, but the ones in it are so far shown to be under the age to have contributed to anything yet, most likely they are just a burden on the system anyways so jailtime is just a transfer of the burden from entitlements to jail costs.

So go ahead, sign up all you want for anon, you are still staying inside the system and are numbered.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
You know this for sure right? You know them all? Call the FBI with all their numbers names and addresses instead of coming here and ripping something up your dont understand

Oh, I know all about adolescence.

Do you like my new Anonymous signature?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Looks like the FBI's website will be hacked soon
I just realized they raided in my back yard
edit on 19-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Silly FBI

This is only going to gain more of a following for Anonymous. The FBI need to realise that Anonymous are not the enemy.

The vile corporations, governments and such are the ones who need their doors booted down.

THIS!!! SO THIS!!!

OP, Jump out of your own skin and look at the world from a space shuttle view.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

As others have said, these guys aren't hackers. The people being caught are just teenagers playing around with DDoS software. They're script-kiddies and bad ones at that.

These blokes are cannon fodder.... ION Cannon Fodder

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

Silly FBI

THIS!!! SO THIS!!!

Anonymous is a joke now.

Its all over.

"Mom! Did you get the acne cream? I want to look good while hacking!"

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Its a global phenomena, There is no stopping it now. The idea that people CAN fight back, is all to appealing to so many people that it's not funny any more.
Thats how they fight. Call it what you want, call it illegal. But they train people in the alphabet agencies to do it (not to mention schools, college and etc). And do it to the public all the time. No one here needs to worry about Anonymous, Antisec, Lulzsec (who are disbanded i do believe). Who you DO need to fear however, are the alphabet agencies, they do gain info on everyone, you think they don't know everything about you?

Fight corruption.

Had to QFT.

Global human unity is global.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

As others have said, these guys aren't hackers. The people being caught are just teenagers playing around with DDoS software. They're script-kiddies and bad ones at that.

These blokes are cannon fodder.... ION Cannon Fodder

Exactly.
Don't base the whole of Anonymous based on a few scriddies that got caught. But then again, you can think what you want. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I agree with you on this, just remember some of our top rocket scientists in the 60-70's were our enemies before our allies...but first brain washing...yes brainwashing...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Once this hit the mainstream news, the entire group had become a complete and utter joke.

No one will take their group serious.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Just as I figured very young kids. I really feel bad for these guys, I know they meant well, but they'll be prosecuted so hard they'll wish they never seen a computer.
Or, if they're really good, they'll be threatened with prosecution unless they come to work for the feds to help them figure out how to combat hacking by foreign governments and such.

Sorry... FBI rarely conducts any Net Warfare and Net Attack. Mostly militay and CIA. FBI gets information from other agencies and handles the local terrorists. Anyways, we're already darn good at taking care of it, and don't need any untrustworthy teenagers that can't obtain a security clearance to be on the inside only to release to the enemy our methods of handling Net Warfare. Lock them up for a long time I say.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

Silly FBI

THIS!!! SO THIS!!!

Anonymous is a joke now.

Its all over.

"Mom! Did you get the acne cream? I want to look good while hacking!"

Your clear lack of understanding of how a movement works is apparent. You honestly think it's over? LOL My friend... this hasn't even BEGUN. Wait until the real shtf.

All I am is a regular guy who's been screwed over by my government that I finance and trusted.

Now multiply me by one hundred million or more. Is it clear to you yet? Do you see how the seeds of dissent have been sown for decades?
edit on 19-7-2011 by Mr Objectivity because: spelling/grammar

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well I told you so and I'm not the only one. The only type of people that'll be inspired by these arrests are those brain dead, lacking sense and maturity. There is a right way to go about doing things to bring awareness and there's the wrong thing to do. These chose the latter and will pay for it.
edit on 19-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
Well I told you so and I'm not the only one. The only type of people that'll be inspired by these arrests are those brain dead.

Shill much?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Objectivity

Paranoid? Those that would associate themselves with Anonymous or do what certain people who identify themselves as Anonymous are hurtful to those that care for truth and would like to share it with others. They also help the problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A hacker raid by the FBI reminds me of the police scene in The Fifth Element. Just about as clueless.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join