It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: FBI Raids Homes of Suspected Anonymous Hackers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Its a global phenomena, There is no stopping it now. The idea that people CAN fight back, is all to appealing to so many people that it's not funny any more.
Thats how they fight. Call it what you want, call it illegal. But they train people in the alphabet agencies to do it (not to mention schools, college and etc). And do it to the public all the time. No one here needs to worry about Anonymous, Antisec, Lulzsec (who are disbanded i do believe). Who you DO need to fear however, are the alphabet agencies, they do gain info on everyone, you think they don't know everything about you?

Fight corruption.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Jordan's system was identified as allegedly being used in a coordinated distributed denial of service attack against several companies, a law enforcement official told FoxNews.com.

They caught DDoSers. haha, and think they caught the huge hacker entity? =P
lol, exactly. This kid was probably one of the thousand different kids who naively launched a DDoS attack when they got told a target. If you see a message from anon asking people to attack a specific entity, you had wanna be sure to hide your identity well before you take part. And also need to understand the reason for the the attack and know that you're helping in the attack for the right reasons. It's more than just a childrens game. There is much at stake in this new-age cyber-war.
edit on 19-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Its not them.

Second, What about the kid in the UK who was arrested under the same thing for being part of Lulz? What happened to him? Was he found not guilty?

Jesus.. Lulz need to just take down all these guys pronto.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Good news. I hope they lock them up and throw away the key!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There's no way of telling really.
It's not all young people either.
You arrest one, you create 10 more out of loyalty to the one. Do you know what this can become? Say that have 100 members, several hackers, mostly ddosers. Thats a lot of bandwidth that can be used against someone. Now multiply that exponentially over the next year. The 'botnet' will get huge, and with a big botnet, means more bandwidth to attack with. With enough bandwidth, they could take down an entire country.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

The 'botnet' will get huge, and with a big botnet, means more bandwidth to attack with. With enough bandwidth, they could take down an entire country.
Well not to get technical or off-topic, but I don't think anon is a 'botnet'. A botnet is a group of infected 'zombie' PC's that can be controlled remotely by a hacker. Anon is more like a mass of activists that use their computing power to 'protest' through DDoS attacks.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is all useless because the total number is almost half the entire population of the world. The only thing that might happen now is retaliation and that's bad news for everyone.

Don't poke the bear

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

At this point I'm convinced the only people against the IDEA, are the ones paranoid about losing their precious internet

its not going anywhere, I PROMISE (barring an act of nature of course)

if you're paranoid about censorship, you should probably get over that - the internet is already being censored - just like music, movies, magazines, books, and every other form of media that exists

If it doesn't have a parental advisory sticker or some other rating on it - its been censored.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Silly FBI

This is only going to gain more of a following for Anonymous. The FBI need to realise that Anonymous are not the enemy.

The vile corporations, governments and such are the ones who need their doors booted down.

The vile corporations, governments and such are the ones who own the government.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
These arrests mean nothing in the grand scheme of Anonymous.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

It's fairly easy to hide your location and carry out DDoS attacks, so these kids being caught implies that they are low level or even perhaps that they are not affiliated with Anon in any real sense.

Anon is smart to gather the following they have; it muddies the waters and helps to veil the real brains behind their operation. I have been on the fence about Anonymous and their true intentions, but as this story evolves it's becoming more and more evident that they are who they claim.

ETA: I would gladly risk my internet for a real chance at transparency and positive change. A certain quote from a certain founding father comes to mind, one that I'm sure you're all already aware of.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh boy, the gov is taking out DDoS-ers. These are just the worker drones, not the dancers in the hive. Soon I feel more drones will come to the hive and then it will get more interesting. The Gov can't kill an idea, as much as they want to try. With their zombie accounts to "influence public opinion", and MSM to shovel Bovine Excrement down our throats.... I'm surprised that the MSM isn't ignored all-together and everyone isn't an anon. I feel this is going to be huge, this movement. Everyone is getting fed up and soon the breaking point will be reached and some people are going to feel the wrath of the public for crimes committed against us (this statement is an opinion and not to be construed as a threat-obligatory disclaimer).

Get your tin foil hats, popcorn, and proxies, it is going to be an interesting ride.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

It's fairly easy to hide your location and carry out DDoS attacks, so these kids being caught implies that they are low level or even perhaps that they are not affiliated with Anon in any real sense.

Anon is smart to gather the following they have; it muddies the waters and helps to veil the real brains behind their operation. I have been on the fence about Anonymous and their true intentions, but as this story evolves it's becoming more and more evident that they are who they claim.

ETA: I would gladly risk my internet for a real chance at transparency and positive change. A certain quote from a certain founding father comes to mind, one that I'm sure you're all already aware of.

Couldnt agree more. Its about time we took charge.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

The 'botnet' will get huge, and with a big botnet, means more bandwidth to attack with. With enough bandwidth, they could take down an entire country.
Well not to get technical or off-topic, but I don't think anon is a 'botnet'. A botnet is a group of infected 'zombie' PC's that can be controlled remotely by a hacker. Anon is more like a mass of activists that use their computing power to 'protest' through DDoS attacks.

I'm aware of how a botnet works, But that is just what it is. They use a 'voluntary' botnet, thats how the DDoS works. Using zombie PC's that have been infected with a specific trojan virus. So they have voluntary people, as well as other random infected PCs. They all launch and away you go.

Its miniscule to the size of some of the other botnets out there that CAN take down a small country.

I also agree, i would rather give up my net and do something, than to sit here and do nothing while our world goes to hell.
edit on 19/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I doubt if the FBI cares whether or not those arrested did any real hacking. It makes them look like they know what they're doing (hence a good investment of your tax dollars).
My question is will they even get a civilian trial or will they tried as "terrorists" in some secret military tribunal?
There are some important precedents to be made here both in terms of law enforcement and public perception.
It's a long ways from "Mom, we're out of Doritos!" to "can you ask the warden if I can have a blanket?".

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This is something else I meant to mention.. I agree. The FBI needs to make some arrests to keep up the appearance that they have the situation under control. This story is probably more about perception management than anything else. Thanks for pointing this out.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
See,
I agree with that, the FBI has to look like its doing something. It's putting on a show like they've actually got some tangible evidence. And they don't.
Don't put too much faith in alphabet agencies, because there is one key difference between a cyber security person, and a hacker. A hacker doesn't get paid for it. He does it because he loves it. Which is much more powerful than money.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

This is something else I meant to mention.. I agree. The FBI needs to make some arrests to keep up the appearance that they have the situation under control. This story is probably more about perception management than anything else. Thanks for pointing this out.
Of course it's about perception management. 95% of the news is perception management. Like I said, all they did was take out a few (or 1) DDoSers who weren't smart enough to protect their identity...it doesn't take a genius to work this out. However sheeple gobble it up like gospel. They got em man!!! They really really got em!!! YAY for the douche bags!

edit on 19-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
However sheeple gobble it up like gospel. They got em man!!! They really really got em!!! YAY for the douche bags!

Seriously, even if you don't dig on Anonymous in general... everyone around here screams about bad government and filtered MSM and so on and so on - HOW can they root for the FBI???

oh yeah, cause they're afraid of losing their FB and Twitter priveleges
edit on 19-7-2011 by Forevever because: size doesn't matter

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Talk about naive.... The power to control the internet and virtually EVERYTHING lays with the government that can decree without your input.. Barring the total destruction of the government as we know it, they will win in the end by enabling control after control. And this isn't just the US. It will be universal. No government can survive if such activities are allowed.

Your basement hacker/s releasing data because he/they are pissed off at Sony, etc. is pure stupidity. Regardless, those tactics will be coupled with a desire to get the really bad guys that are after the really secret stuff. The inevitable results is a total crackdown on all non-standard internet traffic.

Some of you people play too much single-person shooter vids such that you think you will be the last characteer standing with your avatar intact, thus, winning the untimate game. Not so, already, your brashness has cost all of us the game of free speech/mobility on the internet. Like gun control, the wheels are turning as midnight oil burns. Enjoy your fun. In a couple of years, you won't recognize the internet and will be lamenting on the freedoms of communication that you have lost.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I'm sorry for you then
I can live without internet.

ETA: thats not what I meant to say

What I meant to say was I'm sorry you feel that way
However, THIS ALREADY doesn't look like the internet I was used to
I can live without it now.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join