It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: FBI Raids Homes of Suspected Anonymous Hackers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: FBI Raids Homes of Suspected Anonymous Hackers

www.foxnews.com

The FBI is executing search warrants at two Long Island, N.Y., homes and one Brooklyn, N.Y., home of three suspected members of notorious hacking group Anonymous early Tuesday morning, FoxNews.com has learned.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-7-2011 by Mr_skepticc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I quess they aren't going to be so Anonymous anymore lmao. This is going to get ugly here people. There comes a time when you are going to have to pay the piper one way or the other.

The targets of the FBI searches are all in their late teens to early 20s.

Just as I figured very young kids. I really feel bad for these guys, I know they meant well, but they'll be prosecuted so hard they'll wish they never seen a computer.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+135 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Silly FBI

This is only going to gain more of a following for Anonymous. The FBI need to realise that Anonymous are not the enemy.

The vile corporations, governments and such are the ones who need their doors booted down.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Just as I figured very young kids. I really feel bad for these guys, I know they meant well, but they'll be prosecuted so hard they'll wish they never seen a computer.
Or, if they're really good, they'll be threatened with prosecution unless they come to work for the feds to help them figure out how to combat hacking by foreign governments and such.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thats what you see in the movies. Not actually related to real life. These guys are going to be put away for life!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Wrong. The feds do recruit.

In Miami we had one guy driving up and down biscayne blvd hacking home depot and ross wireless networks. he got in and stole credit card data.
The feds recruited him. But the dumbass couldn't stay out of trouble and committed the same type of crime again so this time he went to jail.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Not true, did you ever see the movie Catch Me if You Can? That was based off of a true story. Its really no different here. If there skills are legendary, people can turn around and work for the govt.......

Now sadly, if they are teens, what a pity........Ahhh to be young and naive.

+53 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So when the feds raid the home of a "cyber terror" suspect they show up 2 or 3 strong in casual attire and knock on the door but when staties show up at the home of some 80 year old playing poker or some woman who owes student loans they stack a dozen deep and kick in the door guns drawn?

Somebody explain that to me.
edit on 19-7-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Just imagine the conversation at the door.

FBI - "Excuse me mam, we believe your son is involved in an anti-government cyber terrorist group, we're going to search your house now"

Mom - "WTF?"

Now that is some lulz.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Imagine the mom's walk to her kids room. Frying Pan in hand. kid pleading to be arrested in order to put bars between them.
edit on 19-7-2011 by DrDanielT because: just another bad day for the keyboard to finger interface.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

dont worry bud, anon are not going away that fast. No government can stop and idea whos time has come...........

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Uh ok bud, but we''ll see about that. I believe they got'em man. I really believe they got'em!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

"suspected" being a key word. IMHO folks with major hacking skills may also be clever enough to make things appear as if they are being done via other peoples PC's. these suspected hackers also may be small fries, with enough know-how to get in trouble but not enough to cause trouble.

time will tell. we'll just need to look for follow-up news.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Thank you for that, for bring up the word "Suspected", it has not been confirmed yet wither or not they are involved. Most of this is just pure speculation.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Uh ok bud, but we''ll see about that. I believe they got'em man. I really believe they got'em!

Anon has factions in many countries now. This is not all of them. A few kids is just a drop in the ocean compared to the total size of anon.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hahaha that's funny.
They think they actually caught some hackers? No, they did not. They caught some kids who were too stupid to hide themselves well enough in their endevours. While i cannot guarantee this, you think a real hacker would allow themselves to get caught so easily? No.

They arrested some, now twice as many will take their place.

Jordan's system was identified as allegedly being used in a coordinated distributed denial of service attack against several companies, a law enforcement official told FoxNews.com.

They caught DDoSers. haha, and think they caught the huge hacker entity? =P
edit on 19/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

really i dont think you are getting it.. Go and check some Anon IRCs, they are still there and active..... Anon is not just a few teenage kids...... It it spread out across the world... What do you think makes these arrests any different than the hundreds that already occured...

You cant cut the head off a hydra

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
dont worry bud, anon are not going away that fast. No government can stop and idea whos time has come...........

I agree - there arent nearly enough prison cells for how many people believe in freedom

but then thats probably why they're slowly poisoning us with ________ (insert your favorite chemical here)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The targets of the FBI searches are all in their late teens to early 20s.

I'd be willing to make a bet that the real brains behind anonymous are in their 40/50s with impeccable reputations who have managed to make it a "youth movement" and are happy to let their army of young idealists who really don't know what they're up against "take the hits for the team". I doubt if any of the big guns do any of the grass roots "hacking" these days and are unlikely to be traced.

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Wow...I can't stop laughing at the stupidity of that comment. I seriously have tears in my eyes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join