It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hoare: journalists remember 'old fashioned Fleet Street character'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Sean Hoare: journalists remember 'old fashioned Fleet Street character'

www.guardian.co.uk

Former colleagues have been paying tribute to Sean Hoare, the former News of the World entertainment correspondent who was found dead at his Watford home on Monday.

David Yelland, who edited the Sun from 1998 to 2003, used Twitter to say: "Sean Hoare was trying to be honest, struggling with addiction. But he was a good man. My God."

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/19/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Come on....the way they are trying to discredit this guy is just amateurish. Look at the photo in the main article the head is cleary been photoshoped on someone else's body. The skin tonnes in the face and arms are clearly not the same.

I hope Rupert Murdoch and his associates are hung out to dry over this!

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here is a direct link to the image

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
" His death is unexplained but not considered suspicious" ha ha bloody ha.
He was considered a nice chap amongst his peers, and one of the main whistleblowers on the hacking scandal, why am i not suprised by this news, have i become tooo cynical?
also one cannot help questioning why he's shown with a cigarette in his hand? they couldnt be implying that he had an addictive personality or health problems could they? Or maybe im waaaay tooo suspicious.
edit on 19-7-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The comments for that article have been closed. Look at how many comments were removed. Is that photo from Getty images?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

No not cynical... my MP went after the previous Gov over the Dr Kelly affair using words like Murder, even writing a book about it..

That was until he got a ministerial position in the this Gov and now it is all, well, just an accident *shakes head*

So like you am neither surprised or shocked the same tactics are still being used

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

Come on....the way they are trying to discredit this guy is just amateurish. Look at the photo in the main article the head is cleary been photoshoped on someone else's body. The skin tonnes in the face and arms are clearly not the same.

www.guardian.co.uk

I'm sorry , I'm just not getting this.

Didn't you see Panorama on the BBC last night...he looked exactly like that.

Do you think they doctored ( or however you want to spell it) the entire bloody video.

If you didn't see it then maybe it's on iplayer.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Knobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The pic doesnt look photoshoped to me. Even if it was a smiling man is hardly a daming photo, what would be the point?

edit on 19-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

www.guardian.co.uk

Maybe your computer monitor is not at all that flash.

Looks normal. Also skin color is called tone. Weight is measured in tonnes

Just suggesting

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Oh.Come.On.

Now you're just making the real conspiracy behind it look ridiculous.
There is "enough to suggest" (in many peoples opinion) that it was probably a conspiracy/hit, without you making things worse with "look at this doctored image!!!" which, in my opinion, is clearly not doctored at all.

good god man.
go outside.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Thats just a picture of Sean Hoare. Its not a picture of him with his head stitched on to the body of someone else, and the cigarette, from what history one can aquire on him, is not an addition either. Sean Hoare, as alluded to in the article, was old school. He was a chain smoking, hard drinking everyman, who just so happened to have chosen journalism as his trade. By all accounts, despite his vices, he was a very well liked man in the field, and as we know, journalists do not make that impression all that often.

If you read into his habits, you could be forgiven for being reminded a little of a character from a comic book series called Transmetropolitan , one Spider Jerusalem. Oh sure he was wasted pretty often, and he smoked like a trooper, but pretty much a sound guy with a moral heart.

top topics

join