It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Afraid of Death?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
its absurd to fear the only certain outcome to life.

plus in general i dont think people usually fear death itself, most fear the way they will die.

but i think the old saying applies here

"death is of no significance to us, for when we are here death has not come, and when death has passed, we are not."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by athenegoddess

I personnaly am not afraid of dying, in fact, I am cant wait to pass this life away and rid of it and start my new eternal one! I believe in eternal life after death, and its the reason I am so happy to be a creation of our Heavenly Father Yahuwah who wants us to be with Him forever, for those who choose to believe.

On the other hand, many people who are afraid of dying, im mainly speaking of the Christians since I am around alot of them and was once one. They are afraid of dying just like any other person, even though they believe in eternal life and paradise after death. But the real reason I believe most of them are still afraid is because they lack FAITH and real understanding of who they are, what this universe is, and who are Creator really is and what He is about. They are afraid there is a CHANCE they will end up in the lake of fire, only because they really dont truely have enough faith in their own belief system. It shows that there are holes and problems that pose to Christians in their own doctrine, that fails to live up to the 'test of time'.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Am I afraid of death? Yes and no. I am respectful of death might be a better way for me to explain myself. Fear of death stops people from doing a lot of really dumb things, so in that respect, yep, I am afraid.
I wouldn't go 140 mph down the highway, I could die that way.

I avoid death at all costs.

But as to being afraid of not being here anymore, no. My own personal understanding of death allows me peace in it.
I remember when my grandma died, everyone was so upset, crying and just generally depressed, but I wasn't. I knew she was in a better place, a place we all go when we die. I was happy for her, although I would miss her, I knew she was ok.

I am lucky I guess, I practiced mediumship for a while, and because I personally have communicated with those who crossed that great threshold to other side, I am not afraid to die, because I know when I go, I will be in a much better place.

I think I am more afraid of the pain that could be involved in my own death than anything else, I hate pain...lol

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I am more afraid of how people would react to my death more than my "own" death. It can really mess up people. Children are the most susceptible by the influence of death. I would be more worried about my own death and its' affects on my daughter from that point forward. Age is a major factor for a scenario like that.
How does a child view and comprehend death, so closely related at a young age? Say an 8 to 14 yr old?

There are many variables that lead up to acceptance of death, age is a big factor. If I die at 87yrs old vs. 40yrs old. how and who does it affect the most and how they accept and deal with it?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Athenegoddess to answer your questions my opinion regarding death is that we get reincarnated. However what I feared most is not dying it's the fact that you might reincarnate into a bad life

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

personally it happens everyday.. ppl die ppl are born... animals die animals are born.... its just a part of nature it happens to all of us.. no i dont dwell on it why would u wanna do that>?

I agree with Shadowreborn89, its just part of the natrual process.

On the other hand, i dont know what to think about death and i dont know if im scared of it or not.

Im sure if i was presented with death,that i may be scared,but i may not,its hard to know until the time comes.

For me,death is just a big question mark and i dont think it will change much for me,its will always be a big question mark until the time comes,but i may not,something might happen in my life that changes the way i think and see death.

I know one thing,the thought of death of others that i love scares me alot more than it does when i think about myself dying...i dont know why,but i do.This is coming from a 21 year old by the way,not that it matters though.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm very afraid of death. I don't know whats going to happen just like everyone else doesn't know. I think everyone is a little bit even if they say they are not. Whatever happens I hope there isnt much pain after death, but pain is the curse of consciousness I'm afraid.
edit on 20-7-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I very much recommend reading "Life After Life" by Raymond Moody, if you aren't familiar with it already. Came out in '75 I believe, and has been a huge success over the years. From what I hear, the book has played a large role in forming the cliche of the 'light at the end of the tunnel'. Either way, it's a well written/researched, objective, and extremely fascinating book. I can confidently say it changed my life

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Originally posted by Death_Kron

I'm not afraid of the act of dying, it's the idea about simply not being around that terrifies me.

I do however, believe that there is life after death.

I have to say that what you have wrote is very paradoxical.
If you believe in the after death concept then why are you afraid of loosing what is now for you.
The fundamental aspect of life in the contest of eternity of the soul, is that your journey here in this life is part of many, so man can reach the source.

Simple, just because I believe in life after death doesn't mean I understand how or what form I'll continue to survive so to speak. I don't believe in reincarnation but when it comes down to it, I could be reincarnated as a rat for all I know - if that was the case then I wouldn't even know I was me!

Like I said, I believe there is some form of life after death but I know this with no certainty and with that in mind I'm terrified of not being here, I enjoy life too much to even be thinking about where I'll be when I've left the world physically.

Doe's that make sense?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

I am more afraid of how people would react to my death more than my "own" death.

+1

Maybe its stupid but i dont want others to gather around my coffin and do the funeral ceremony. I hate it that ritual.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

i'm not so much afraid of death as i am in the mode of dying.

although i don't worry about how/when i will go, i would much prefer to die a quick, unexpected death. i don't think anyone wants a long, lingering death from cancer, ect. if i had terminal cancer, i would probably refuse treatment. i'd prefer a month of feeling good vrs. a year of being sick from chemo. what good is lasting a year if you're sick/miserable? no thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

i have tried to have the same philosophy w/my dad that you had w/your grandmother. i know he's in a better place. my mother stuck him in a nursing home and he was miserable. death gave him freedom from that misery. i know he's w/my sister and his mom.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I've always felt like the people who died from 9/11 attacks experienced death sooo horribly!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

good book choice. i've read it to. i definitely believe in reincarnation. i also believe you chose your parents and other people in your life as a way to learn karmatic lessons you haven't learned yet. i think my nana's role in my life was to teach me patience. i helped her get ready every morning and it took alot of patience.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abda67730106.jpg[/atsimg]

My theory is that people are afraid of death because they know that in the day that they die they are back to the Nightmare of Hell from which they come and to which they are sure to return. So every time that they fall asleep [die] they are immediately suffering a nightmare and thus immediately wake up [reincarnate] to escape the Hell they experience. My self included unfortunately. Thus they never sleep. They suffer insomnia. Which gets to be a serious psychological illness over time. Lack of sleep shortens the life span. Souls after death have to take up reincarnation as the way by which to escape the Nightmare of Hell they fall into. Only the genuinely righteous can enter into Celestial Immortality. Thus only the genuinely righteous can enter into Heaven and thus the genuinely righteous are not afraid of death. Like as it says in the Bible scripture "O death where is thy sting" ?

The only solution to the problem outlined above is to return to THE WAY OF HEAVEN [Chien-Tao] which according my invisible angelic guides is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM [tm]. I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic [celestial immortal] powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving her above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to her above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright (c) NGL 2000.

PARTHENOGENESIS

SHIMONO

VAMPYRE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89be64c7b7a0.jpg[/atsimg]

THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 20/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

No I'm not afraid of death...but I dont want to die yet

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yeah the thing that sucks about death...is life goes on, its like you have been forgotten I'm not sure how to explain it. But about 5 days ago a cop got killed in my town and they had a fundraiser for his family they even blocked the busiest road here for the funeral...now if that was me that died I would be put in a box under the ground and forgotten after a while but everyone will remember that cop that died because the whole town was into it. That is my fear...to be forgotten

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have to admit....i am severely afraid of death....and have been, for a long- LONG time. I think about it EVERYDAY. At times, i feel tortured by it. Why? Well, truthfully...it's because i love LIFE. Why would i want to die? I don't know what's after this life. I can only speculate. As much as i would love to believe in the whole...nothingness...after death...i can't...no matter how hard i try.

I sincerely believe in life after death, simply because being on this planet...has to mean SOMETHING. I refuse to believe we are just here...to 'exist'. There HAS to be a rhyme and has to be a reason, for EVERYONE'S existence.

My personal belief is that there IS a life after this one. I believe it's similar to this planet...and there is a "system"...just without all the drama, back-biting, lying, cheating, stealing, etc, etc. I believe it is EXACTLY like Earth...but it operates in perfection. LOVE is the rule of the day.

I also believe that when a person dies...whatever SKILLS, TRADES, works of faith, one acquires here...will be used there; wherever "there" may be. I say this because Jesus said....to pray for God's kingdom (rule) to come, and HIS will be done....on Earth AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. Therefore....whatever is going on here, is going on there; without TPTB and their master...Lucifer wreaking havoc.

Earth is the place to get your works in order...so when God checks out...what you've done in your life, here....your WORKS will pass the fire test. Some people will barely make it through the gates...while others will be clothed in fine linen and living "LARGE"; simply because of the GOOD works they put in, here on earth.

When it's my time to go...i want my name to be written in God's history book...as a man of GREAT FAITH...who did the impossible...like others have done in the past: Jesus, Paul, Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Issac, David, Joseph, Solomon, etc, etc. Maybe this is why the Egyptians focused so much on death. There HAS TO BE something more than just working a 9-5 while paying bills, borrowing stuff, and merely existing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I don't fear death. I fear suffering, and the potential prospect of nonexistence. I can't prove anything lies beyond this life. I would like to believe something does. I just don't know with certainty.

Increasingly, my philosophy in life inevitably leads me to lean toward thinking, "I don't know anything for certain, and I can't know anything for certain." So while I suspect that this existence is largely illusory, I can't prove that. And it being illusory wouldn't prove that there had to be something beyond it even if I could. So it may simply be that there is nothing after this.

Therefore, I've made it my goal to try to accept that possibility and live as though that is the case. Then if it's not, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Or maybe there will be something worse than this, which is a possibility not many people seem to want to ponder, and which I hope isn't the case. But it's at least conceivable to me lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Don't be afraid death is not the end...its the beginning, your soul/energy will travel through the cosmos back to where it started and the process will start all over again or you will be in an internal sleep

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join