It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Afraid of Death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Personally i can't wait for death.
2nd

Then why are you still posting here?

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Personally i can't wait for death.

There's no need to wait bro.

Wow, what's with all the harshness for a fellow human being? Kinda sad.

As for the topic, no, not really afraid of death anymore. Most of my loved ones have already passed, so I'm looking forward to a joyful reunion. If that's not possible, then I hope I cease to exist in entirety.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if your rich, poor, black, white, gay, straight, conservative, liberal, Chrisitian, Jewish or Muslim, Death comes to us all at some point and there's no buying or cheating your way out of it no matter how much money, power or influence you think you have.
Look at it like this - Tomorrow WILL happen and yet you do not fear that, you look forward to it whilst enjoying today, its something that is a given, your not scared of tomorrow, Death is exactly the same, so why fear it, it is different from tomorrow how?
It WILL happen, nothing can change it so expect it, but people are scared of the 'finality' of it without knowing IF there's anything after, we'll only know they time we are dead one way or the other.
I'll look forward to it myself, I face death everyday in various ways, we ALL do, some are just more obvious than others.
Why be scared of something that IS going to happen, something none of us can prevent?.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I may not have proof of my claims, but death doesn't exist, it is an illusion. The body may "die" but you will ultimately be reborned and experience either a different life or the same life depending on whether or not you are working your way towards Ascension. I believe that which is referred to as "hell" is the eternal cycle of living the same life over and over until you finally understand the concept that you are the extension of the source aka God or the creator.

I don't fear something that doesn't exist, I used to fear it until I uncovered this truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by athenegoddess

What I find amazing is so many young atheists that are so dead inside already. They let themselves get talked into being just a biological machine. Why would anyone want to live in a world that makes you a slave your entire life, to work until you are dead, always making sure you are on time and living in the most unnatural state we can be in, then whats the point?

If I try really hard and ignore my inner voice I can get to where the atheistic mindset is. It makes life so....dead....so useless and pointless. A pointless life is easier to control from the elite though.

They have trained you well.

On topic: No I do not fear death. Not in this world of working for an insane boss, in an insane country of not ever living life to its fullest because we worry so much about how we are to go on living if something makes us unable to work or lose a job.

TPTB have made this a hell with no payoff at all. WTF?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have been resuscitated once. I no longer fear the "reaper". The pain only lasts a short time, unless of course, you are brought back from the afterlife.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I fear death some times...late at night, in the cold darkness, when I'm all alone...

Come on peoples, cheer up! There is no reason what so ever to fear something that WILL happen.
Just live this life you were given the chance to experience, what is life without death?
Life would be completely meaningless without death. Humans have everything backwards.
Therefore humans fear death and naively attempt to make themselves immortal.
That is not to say some sort of life after death doesn't exist. Immortality doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Statistically speaking, one out of every one people die. There's simply no point in fearing it or becoming obsessed with it. Live in the moment, whether or not you believe that what you do in this life matters.

Many people don't understand that fear is a choice. Choosing to fear death robs you of "the here and now."

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to mainly get some insight on the subject of death from people of this generation. I noticed that our civilization represses the subject profoundly and that makes for people to reject things that entail death all too eagerly.

So, please tell me. How do you deal with the subject of death and are you prepared for such a transition? Do you think there is a transition? Did you know the Egyptians based their whole lifetime in preparing for the moment of death? That was a smart, smart move, in my opinion. I have to admit, I'm still learning the truth about our existence, but knowing what is right around the corner, I sometimes find myself being extremely terrified and just torn. I know I have to rise above it but it's hard to when we are still in this dimension.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Death is simply natural. It can come before or later but it will and it has to come. Whats after death? I dont know but I certantly dont believe in ghosts and all of those stuff. There is no such thing as @soul@. We are just a bunch of neurons, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If fear as left you alone and you can contemplate a death as a transition ( because face it, death can't be the end of all) then like the Egyptian, life become the training ground for death.
In my view it is very important to love your life in this life for then you can depart without any regret...regrets can mess every thing. Regret can leave some after bitter-taste on your last breath.
Make sure that your life with all the ups and down has been worthwhile for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I personally think it is something that shouldn't be dwelled upon. I think that being foucused on it makes life much less enjoyable. I'm pretty sure theres a good quote from a popular video game stating this, But I'm Going to hide my inner nerd for now lol. Also try to ignore some spelling errors because my lap to screen has a huge purple blob from a crack at the moment.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Death has a pretty high mortality rate, it was still 100% last time I checked
I'm in my 50's and I have had two brushes with death myself and have been around several friends and relatives in their last moments. One thing I can say for sure is that 90% of people who boldly say they are not afraid to die suddenly turn into whimpering children when actually faced with death. I'm not saying that in a negative way, but that's exactly what happens, they resort to being that little scared child again that they once were. It breaks your heart to see it happen. As for what happened when I had my close brushes, both times a calm resolve settled over me, but it wasn't my time. Am I afraid to die now? No. Will I be when the time actually comes? I wouldn't dare to say and none of you should either.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think some of us will outlive death. It will become known as a thing of the past. Technology will inevitabley reach a point in which the processes that are common to "dying" can be reversed. I think most people feel this is a lot further in the future then it really is...

But if it doesn't who cares.

You'll just be dead.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've had my heart stop twice, and stopped breathing an additional 2 times...so I can pretty safely claim to not being afraid. Only one of those incidents was out of my hands (Meningitis), the rest were all my fault, mostly drowning incidents

Given that I continue to scuba dive to "risky" depths, straining my luck a bit, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few people not scared of death.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am not afraid. I was hit by a car about 20 years ago and "died" twice from that horrible accident. I was in intensive care for 2 months and in a coma for 3 weeks. When I recovered, I was a changed person. I had no more fear. You will find that people who have had the closest encounters with death no longer fear it. When I "died" I found peace that is still with me 20 years later. I am not in a hurry to die, there is still so much beauty in the world to see, but when it is my time, I will go with no regrets and no fear.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
I am not afraid. I was hit by a car about 20 years ago and "died" twice from that horrible accident. I was in intensive care for 2 months and in a coma for 3 weeks. When I recovered, I was a changed person. I had no more fear. You will find that people who have had the closest encounters with death no longer fear it. When I "died" I found peace that is still with me 20 years later. I am not in a hurry to die, there is still so much beauty in the world to see, but when it is my time, I will go with no regrets and no fear.

Nice summary, I feel the same way. I also noticed that I don't let the "small stuff" bug me as much as before.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Of course.

But im not scare of dieing but i don't know what death brings and that scares me..I mean i'm afraid of unknown..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You are right! You must have had an experience also or been close to some one who did.
edit on 19-7-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm not afraid of the act of dying, it's the idea about simply not being around that terrifies me.

I do however, believe that there is life after death.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I feel death is part of the EXISTANCE phases of LIFE /DEATH. Meaning that death is part of the eternal development of the energies within the Universe. Some learn during Life phase and progress into higher levels of awarness in positive others fail to learn their personal mistakes and influences upon others and are resent to learn again.

So fears should only be associated with their actions why in the LIFE phase in this 3d realm of existance. If you done many evol deeds then fear of the next level can be understood so act right.. If you done your best you should feel there is nothing to fear.

Be well
edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Of course not. Its merely a shedding of this material flesh in order to pass to the next level of existence. Many fear what they do not know, and worse yet, fear loosing all that they do. The world and all within it will take care of itself, with or without my help, so why stress over something you have little control over? Now, don't mistake my lack of fear for a wish to die, because I have many more places to go and things to experience before I am ready. But without fear I am without chains, and without such chains, a creature like me can never be held down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join