It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Afraid of Death?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm not afraid of death itself but I am concerned about the dying part. It all depends on how you go. It's the people I will leave behind that concerns me more. I don't know if there is anything after this life but if there is then it will be beautiful, if not then I won't know anything about it so either way it's nothing to be scared of.

For now I will live my life and enjoy it without worrying about what may or may not be because it's more than likely the only chance I'll ever get.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
no, but my body is.

i am afraid of losing touch with this perspective, if afraid is the right word.

but it is the same sort of fear you have in a dream where you have too many things to do, you forgot to do your homework, you forgot to wear pants, you forgot where you left the baby... an exhilarating terror, like the first great hill on a roller-coaster. but then, suddenly it fades away and it no longer matters, because you wake up from the dream.
so what if you only replace one dream for another? that only makes things better..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think it's really interesting to find that most of the posts I read where people saying they were not, I would imagine the general censuses to be yes

I'm not afraid of dying, or what happens afterward. The only thing I am somewhat afraid of is when it will happen, I would hate to die before I got to experience what I wish to on this earth. I told my mom, "I wish I could see the future so I could know when I would die so I could stop thinking about it and live my life in it's entirety before then." She said, "No, you would just try to avoid that moment to live longer." I don't think I would to be honet, but I can see where she'd get that idea from.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
When you die, you simply stop seeing the Illusion, which is everything you see
around you right now. This is not you and you are not it, and, this place, is not
real.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Whats there to Fear?

Heres the Map

You can only Fear the Unknown Get Familiar Here!

Love

Elf

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
around you right now. This is not you and you are not it, and, this place, is not
real.

Hey. I'm interested in what you think "life as we know it" really is. The illusion, Do you think it's a religious thing? Leaders of the world hiding the truth, or Matrix type thing? I've heard people mention before they think life is an illusion and our eyes will truly be open when we pass, but was never able to go into much detail with them.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

real.

Absolutely positively correct. Whats beyond does not even pale in comparison to this illusion. We know what we have created in our minds. Through death you leave your mind, theres no longer any thinking to do, just to 'be'.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusLuna

real.

Hey. I'm interested in what you think "life as we know it" really is. The illusion, Do you think it's a religious thing? Leaders of the world hiding the truth, or Matrix type thing? I've heard people mention before they think life is an illusion and our eyes will truly be open when we pass, but was never able to go into much detail with them.

It's going to take time to let this sink in, all of this around you as it has for me. It's not a religious thing,
nor has it much to do with the leaders, they are just disposable puppets. The ancients often spoke of
maya which means illusion.The best thing you can do is go here to this thread i created a while back
and just check it out. I began my journey a few yrs ago and it's lead me to this mans site. He really
does say it better than i ever could, but i'll try my best.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka119

real.

Absolutely positively correct. Whats beyond does not even pale in comparison to this illusion. We know what we have created in our minds. Through death you leave your mind, theres no longer any thinking to do, just to 'be'.

It could never compare to here no, i just can't wait till the illusion fades.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by athenegoddess

Yes. And I know more about it than the average Joe.

But I am much more concerned about how death could be used as a threat to stop my work or the work of my friends and others I respect. If I didn't have the feeling that surviving as who I am for another day could make a difference in someone else's life, I would be more at ease with the thought of passing on. But with communities so broken down and people so isolated (where they are) death is dreaded because there is no guarantee of continuity.

My best info tells me that when you die you normally get pulled into an implant station and your memories get blocked, then returned to earth to do it all again. I will avoid the implant if I can find it in my power, but I will return to earth, as I consider it my home and its people my people. However, I would much rather that event wait until I am better spiritually prepared for it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've already died once and that was quite the experience. Do I want to permanently die? No.
Do I have to? Yes.

so there is nothing to fear as it would be illogical. Some people are more afraid to live but don't realize their time on this planet is short. If not an accident, a contaminent, if not that then old age eventually.

Personally i'd like to go doing something heroic and preferrably if not death by old age, then under 35 sometime so as not to drag out my life for too long.

LOL.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

if you want to check this thread out, it may help you decide in that which you're ready
to take in at this time where you're at.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

death coming to me is fine i don't care. once i am dead even if I cared i won't be aware i am dead since I am dead..

as for loved ones and friends, I am not afraid of it, i know its part of the cycle of life... but it still sucks.

I think the feeling of "sucks" is what i feel towards death. not fear.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am afraid of death. It's not so much what comes after death, it's the process itself. My body seems (from what I have experienced and observed) to want to continue functioning. I have an immune system to fight off disease, when I get cut I heal, broken bones are mended, and there are parts of my brain dedicated to breathing and pumping blood.

What scares me is the fact that one day all of this will stop. My body will be unable to sustain itself... how is that going to feel? If I stop breathing eventually my body demands air. I HAVE to start breathing again. Is that what death is like, something inside you desperate to stay alive even though it's efforts are fruitless?

It's just scary to think about to me... but it's inescapable. I am going to die. One day I will experience death.

...and then I'll see just how scary the experience is.
edit on 26-8-2011 by aletheia because: fix spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Regardless fearing the inevitable is a waste of energy in any light, might as well fear the sun rising tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Death is inevitable.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;
One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

I have no fear of death, but that is not to say I seek it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Death comes to us all eventually, it is nothing to be afraid of. I do not know why I feel like this but I just do.
I feel so strongly about it too, so much that I convince myself that if I was to die it would be fine as it would mean my time was up, maybe too early but I would never fear death but embrace it. Seriously I do not know why though.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There is faith which is establishing your behavior streams on what has not been seen, but informed about. Then there is Presence which is immeasurably beyond faith, past all religions. It will be like walking through a Door which I already fight to "look" away from every waking moment. Because it is the Door.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hmmm I don't know I guess I'm not exactly scared of death I mean I'm sure everyone has a healthy curiosity about it, although in saying that I'm still kinda young so hopefully I won't be finding out anytime soon

As for after death I have a few views and I am not really part of any particular religion so I have a few funny theories but I kind of believe in reincarnation in the way of being reborn as another person after death. I also had a thought that what if there is a heaven but it's kind of like another world and when you die and go there you have another life up there and then when you die there you start another new life back here?
Another thing I thought of was what if there are millions of different worlds out there and when you die you're reborn to another world depending on how you lived you're previous life?

Well that's my crazy opinion and no I'm not on drugs or anything

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join