It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searched Glenn Beck being new here and sure a wide range of positions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have listened to Glenn Beck for a number of years off and on. Listened on the radio alot more than on tv, but did DVR from time to time. Kinda floated sometimes, rants, and such. But, I will say at least the man stayed constant in what he said. You may or may not agree, I know he is rich and all but I am not sure I would want to live with a security detail at my side all the time.

I liked him before and moreso now because of what he is trying to do with bringing out what is in a person. What is a person willing to stand up for and rebuilding the country one step at a time and the heck with Washington because they dont care. I think we can all agree to that. In the middle of those times, I didnt really pay attention and listen as much, kinda was scattered or something. Weird sense of humor then or something. I did read some posts about Fox kicking him off the air, in which they didnt, they let him finish off his last show live. That is not kicking his program off or they would of been afraid of what he would of said. They must of arrived to a mutual agreement or he decided it was time to go his direction he has been searching for. We are all entitled to our opinions but to wish someone to die or go blind, that is just over the line. Some people, their lives are pretty messed up, and they cope with it the best they can, and some take the easy way out. A blog I saw today ended:

"I am one of those types that if you look up Murphy's Law, my picture should be beside it. That lead me down a path I chose, one that I didn't like. And the path got longer and I grew more tired of walking it. What once was a lush green landscape, became a bare, wasteland of everything I was once capable of achieving. One day, in a drunken stupor, I realized, staring at the ceiling fan, it wasn't why whole life was bad luck and feelings of past guilt. Glenn speaks of when a person reaches their lowest point in their life, only will they know it. I too at that point, reached my lowest point. Through all the tears, the books, the rants, the speeches, the chalkboards, that the weight of changing the world by himself has seemed to be lifted off his shoulders. For now, this writer feels, for he is but a messenger and up to the people to change things one thing at a time. For the people that hate him, for obvious reasons, he interferes with their ideology. Hope, Faith, and Charity, is just something certain ideology's do not think people should have individually, because it inspires education. With education, comes knowledge, and education with knowledge leads to individual wisdom with in itself is power against the powerful.

But, I was born at this time and in this place for a reason. The time is coming very soon, that others will have to lead people through a very difficult time, and what better people than those that have had to experience it. Because those are the ones that will understand, and the ones that had the courage to endure it. I do not find Glenn Beck as an enigma, because I understand where he is coming from, and where he has been. The recent events at the park in NYC, was uncalled for. I for one, am thankful he had the courage to not take the easy way out. If its such a sin to talk of hope, faith, charity, courage, peace, help your neighbor, then mark me guilty. For this writer anyway, I can remember how I felt back in the schoolyard, and I think Glenn Beck would have more people at his back than he might think. Why, because he is not alone."

You can read the rest at:The Enigma of Glenn Beck

But, I think we all, including him and me, can do things a little better than saying things we wouldnt normally naturally do or say to people we agreed with. I can see how he might of turned people off in the past, and I can also see how people can see him as trying to be some kind of "preacher" now, but trying to help people find work, build a small business or get someone a job. And to build courage to stand up for what you believe in as being a bad thing, I cant see that as much. But maybe I am too optimistic that their really is some good people around that mean well. I guess only each of us really knows what we are capable of, dont we?

edit on 19-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Glen Beck has done to many under handed, sneaky, less then truthful farces on the people that chose to watch him. There's to many examples to list but lets take the *Onion Story* He learned that crying during his * Pre-recorded garb* grabbed more attention and got him what he wanted. Google the video of Beck and Onions...he was caught red handed.

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Murdock, NewsCorp, hacking, payoffs, etc..etc...

FOX NEWS... has been proven over and over and over to distort the NEWS for their political endeavors and interest. O'Rielly, Hannity, Beck, the way they relentlessly bullied people that went against their agenda. Again... Google...there's 1000's upon 1000's of evidence of these men doing this over and over.

Glen Beck runs with the wolves. Something happened behind closed doors that will hopefully come out one way or another...but it has nothing to do with the talking points your hearing now...

Your sentimental view of Beck is so far off the track with this guy.

Beck/Onions/and a little more innocent Beck

edit on 19-7-2011 by tracehd1 because: link added

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Glen Beck has done to many under handed, sneaky, less then truthful farces on the people that chose to watch him. There's to many examples to list but lets take the *Onion Story* He learned that crying during his * Pre-recorded garb* grabbed more attention and got him what he wanted. Google the video of Beck and Onions...he was caught red handed.

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Murdock, NewsCorp, hacking, payoffs, etc..etc...

FOX NEWS... has been proven over and over and over to distort the NEWS for their political endeavors and interest. O'Rielly, Hannity, Beck, the way they relentlessly bullied people that went against their agenda. Again... Google...there's 1000's upon 1000's of evidence of these men doing this over and over.

Glen Beck runs with the wolves. Something happened behind closed doors that will hopefully come out one way or another...but it has nothing to do with the talking points your hearing now...

Your sentimental view of Beck is so far off the track with this guy.

So if he "runs with the wolves" and Fox News is one of the wolves, then why did he leave and if he is doing his own thing, owns all his own content, wouldnt that mean he doesnt belong to the wolfpack anymore? Do you consider NPR under handed and sneaky for what they did to Juan Williams?
edit on 19-7-2011 by sdebunker because: added content

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
BTW, you forgot to mention GE/NBC/MSNBC and Obama
At least we can agree to keep the conversation equal.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sdebunker

He had to leave FOX News...he didn't have a choice. FOX News was losing money on Beck hand over fist when Advertisers boycotted his show....btw...it wasn't a hand full of advertisers...

Fox agree'd to keep Beck on behind he scene concerning Becks documentaries. Did they absolutely say they will air them? No... speculation on where this is going could go in so many directions...my theory... Beck caused Fox to lose heavy profits... Beck knows some of Foxs dirty little secrets because he helped participate. Fox has to keep Beck happy and hushed...thus a behind the curtain deal that may lead to someone maybe watching a doc from Beck...whoohoo...lol

It's late or I would answer more of your reply. I have no problem coming back tomorrow to carry on this conversation.

I do appreciate your views and kindly debate...

edit on 19-7-2011 by tracehd1 because: add

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

nothing like vicks vapor rub to get those crocodile tears going

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

He had to leave FOX News...he didn't have a choice. FOX News was losing money on Beck hand over fist when Advertisers boycotted his show....btw...it wasn't a hand full of advertisers...

Fox agree'd to keep Beck on behind he scene concerning Becks documentaries. Did they absolutely say they will air them? No... speculation on where this is going could go in so many directions...my theory... Beck caused Fox to lose heavy profits... Beck knows some of Foxs dirty little secrets because he helped participate. Fox has to keep Beck happy and hushed...thus a behind the curtain deal that may lead to someone maybe watching a doc from Beck...whoohoo...lol

It's late or I would answer more of your reply. I have no problem coming back tomorrow to carry on this conversation.

Becks a snake...is deserves no sympathy.

ok. Fair enough. You get some rest. I am looking foward to hear more. You must of worked at Fox or know someone that does to have so much inside information. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Done heard that one. Do you know why he actually let himself be put on video saying and doing that? Lets just say, do you know why Rush Limbaugh intentionally acts arrogant at times on the radio?

If you dont know why, then you never have never listened to many of their radio programs

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
And here I thought I started out talking nice and honest in an opening thread

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

beck is as poisoned as palin.

ignorance is rife about these 2.

same old tired vids and misquotes.

slander, libel and stupid regurgitated stuff all day.

but RON PAUL!

now there is a flag magnet! lol!

oh and anti american and israel threads, the more slanted the better.

throw in a close encounter with a hybrid neanderthal and ya got people buying new keyboards.

i'm pretty funny, ya think?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

beck is as poisoned as palin.

ignorance is rife about these 2.

same old tired vids and misquotes.

slander, libel and stupid regurgitated stuff all day.

but RON PAUL!

now there is a flag magnet! lol!

oh and anti american and israel threads, the more slanted the better.

throw in a close encounter with a hybrid neanderthal and ya got people buying new keyboards.

i'm pretty funny, ya think?

Only if you are thinking that is my intent

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

what IS your intent, i gave you the flag.

don't read me wrong.

i am a fan of beck.

eta; just took it back
edit on 19-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

what IS your intent, i gave you the flag.

don't read me wrong.

i am a fan of beck.

eta; just took it back
edit on 19-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

I have no intent. I took it you liked Beck then re read it as maybe you was assuming I made the topic like similar ones that just get stars and flags. Which I wasnt. I was sticking up for the guy and the blogger. Its ok, I am sure someone can use the star worse than me
Not what I am out for. Hard to take a context in typed words

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

i wish you luck with this thread then.

you are gonna need it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
i like beck i dont agree with everything he says but he gets the ol mind flowing, and btw who cares if he uses onions to create fake tears. If someone is crying or not im still going to look to the issue's.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

I dont agree with everything either, but that is part of being of it. I dont have to listen if I dont want to. Its funny to hear the people criticize him, and have never even listened to him. What trick does Chris Mathews use that makes him spit when he goes into his frenzy and Olberman must use garlic because it sure keeps viewers away.
Beck was not fired by Fox, nor was he mad at. Reading between the lines, they had wanted to air some stuff that the producers wouldnt let him or he had to fight over. I will agree with the sponsorship thing, but Fox makes plenty of money on other shows, so its not like because of him Fox News was losing money like liberals would like you to believe. He broke all 5pm viewership ratings, and even though tailed off before he left, had numbers in the 2.3 million that only CNN, MSNBC, etc could dream to have in prime time shows.

Its an old game thats been played by kings and emperors for decades, hell, my own family does it. If you can point fingers and call people names long enough, some people may start to believe it. Its just an attempt to discredit the person to their way of ideology makes more sense. It was tried with Rush Limbaugh, still is but not as much now, but once he figured it out how to play the game, they backed off. Beck is learning, that is why he uses so much video and quotes, because he shows the world the person's own words saying it, and that makes them mad, because they cant say they never said it.

The poster above mentioned how there are 1000's and 1000's of examples of videos about Fox News. For one, O'Reilly, Hannity, Greta, Beck, etc are "opinonated" shows, so thats a little different that say Shepard Smith that is reporting news. So yeah, they are going to express their side more than just giving the news, just like a blogger or someone in a paper will write an op-ed. Its their opinion. Secondly, here in the past 2-3 weeks, the only people I see being fired or suspended for attacks towards people are liberal reporters or commentators on left leaning networks. I do not watch Hannity because I think he is too far right, for me anyway.

Its like saying, I am a Christian, then I get the eye roll. Well, I happen to like Beck, I listen to him, dont agree with everything, but we could have worse. At least he is trying to help small business and small towns get back on their feet and get people to work again. That is a new plan of the elite I havent heard about yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, as much as I am a Glenn Beck fan. And was subscribed to his insider forum. I was having a posting conversation with some other members. Very cordial, except that their apparently is a "hazing" ritual there I didnt know about until you reached a certain number of posts.

Anyway, I had mentioned the blog in the OP and when I was replying to someone, a screen came up and that I was permanately banned. So I went to the blog to post a comment and the whole bloggers page has been removed. Even blogs that had stuff to do with sports and stuff. So I cancelled my subscription to GBTV and asked for an explanation for the ban for I had said or done nothing to violate terms or guidelines. I guess, in regards to this until I get an explanation, I have to wave the white flag in retreat and surrender. As I lost some fuel for my defense today.

edit on 20-7-2011 by sdebunker because: typo

join