It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

afghan war movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
ok just curious so ive seen restrepo, and a few other documentaries.. but i was curious what are some other good documentaries or war movies about iraq afghanistan or something close to it ??
lemme know by giving me some feed back if you guys know any good movies or documentaries about it??

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Charlie Wilsons war

en.wikipedia.org...

The Beast of War

en.wikipedia.org...

GM

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Green Zone - starring Matt Damon (a decent account of the intial invasion and search for mythical WMD's)
en.wikipedia.org...

The Objective - Special forces in Afghanistan are sent on a mission, as they head further into the mountains, they begin to have strange encounters, first with armed gunmen, who simply disappear when shot, later with strange forces and UFO's.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Hurtlocker - Great movie about EOD during the occupation of Iraq.
en.wikipedia.org...

Traitor - A great movie, not quite about the war specifically, but follows a Muslim US agent undercover in a terror cell.
en.wikipedia.org...

Jarhead - Another great movie, follows the soldiers' experiences from boot camp to the frontline during the first gulf war
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan- youtube
Might have been removed but they were short scenes that make me proud and at the same time pray for the safe return of all our soldiers.

Cheers,

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Originally posted by lifeissacred

The Objective - Special forces in Afghanistan are sent on a mission, as they head further into the mountains, they begin to have strange encounters, first with armed gunmen, who simply disappear when shot, later with strange forces and UFO's.
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Traitor - A great movie, not quite about the war specifically, but follows a Muslim US agent undercover in a terror cell.
en.wikipedia.org...

Jarhead - Another great movie, follows the soldiers' experiences from boot camp to the frontline during the first gulf war
en.wikipedia.org...

uhhh i think traitors, Jarhead, greenzone, and Kurlocker has nothing to with afghan war.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by lifeissacred

Originally posted by lifeissacred

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

uhhh i think traitors, Jarhead, greenzone, and Kurlocker has nothing to with afghan war.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan- youtube
Might have been removed but they were short scenes that make me proud and at the same time pray for the safe return of all our soldiers.

Cheers,
^5 to that mann

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Notice in the post it said Iraq. Hurtlocker and green zone are set in Iraq and I said traitor wasn't really a war film but hovers around the subject of the 'war on terror'.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
PBS's- Frontline, has a few good ones.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmm sounds lgood seen most these.. any others you guys?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Have you tried farther East and maybe some Korean war movies?

71: Into the Fire, 2010.
Brotherhood (aka Tae Guk Gi), 2004.
Welcome to Dongmakgol, 2005
If it's anything army that you like then Silmido, 2003 is definitely worth a watch too. You wont be disappointed. Youtube have the trailers and occasionally the whole movie split into parts so you can try before you buy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Thanks! Korean war movies are hard to find nowadays. I watched Tak Gi brotherhood. I watching those that you recommended. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Checked some of these out they all seem to be the same lately.. and yap i dont think ive seen a korean war film, well one forgot what it was called, was kinda weird..

top topics

join