It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Anyone not watching BB is missing one of the all time great series endings on TV.
The acting, writing, directing is firing on all cylinders right now and it is a site to behold.

I hope the last episode is on part with the final episode of Six Feet Under which I still find to have the most emotionally compelling 10 minutes of any show ever.
edit on 7-9-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Meh. The end of "Six Feet Under" was okay. I was pissed they killed Nate though.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Anyone else kicking and screaming at the end of todays episode?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Anyone else kicking and screaming at the end of todays episode?

+1 here. I'm sure they're enjoying the torture.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So the Spin-Off series 'Better Call Saul' is going to happen it seems. With only two episodes of BB left this is great news.

Link to Main Article

Official statement from AMC channel;

AMC and Sony Pictures Television confirmed today that they have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff of Vince Gilligan’s landmark AMC/SPT series Breaking Bad. As conceived, the new series is based on the show’s popular Saul Goodman character with the working title Better Call Saul. Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh, wow. That might have been the best hour of television I've ever seen. It was so brutal and upsetting at every turn. It's just powerful because of what happened, but because of can't happen now. Hank's dead. His name is forever tarnished for having Heisenberg under his nose the entire time. He can't have an epic showdown with Walt. And he was taken out by characters who we don't have any investment in. It's not a cheap move, it makes sense and fits with the story, but as viewers we want characters we know to be causing these major changes.

Amazing. Amazing all around.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

SaulGoodman
Oh, wow. That might have been the best hour of television I've ever seen. It was so brutal and upsetting at every turn. It's just powerful because of what happened, but because of can't happen now. Hank's dead. His name is forever tarnished for having Heisenberg under his nose the entire time. He can't have an epic showdown with Walt. And he was taken out by characters who we don't have any investment in. It's not a cheap move, it makes sense and fits with the story, but as viewers we want characters we know to be causing these major changes.

Amazing. Amazing all around.

This episode just blew me away. So brutal and torrid... and satisfying. I liked how he saved Skyler.. and the baby.. always thinking about the family.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I thought Walt fighting for Hank was a bit much. His murder was a foregone conclusion.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

suz62
I thought Walt fighting for Hank was a bit much. His murder was a foregone conclusion.

That was ok for me - he thought he still had control of the situation and could "fix" things. But obviously he couldn't. The only thing that didn't sit right with me in this episode was his unflinching direction to kill Jesse. I understand the situation, but as was said - he really did care about Jesse.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

He stopped caring about Jesse the minute he showed up with Hank and Gomey. I admit it was pretty ruthless.

We saw the real Walt tonight when he called Skyler a bitch. Full sociopath mode.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

suz62
reply to post by redtic

We saw the real Walt tonight when he called Skyler a bitch. Full sociopath mode.

You need to watch that scene again - that was *not* the real Walt..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

I think you're under the mistaken impression that Walt is a nice guy.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Yeah, he's a real mixed bag, ya know? Killing all those people, but then genuinely trying to buy Hank's life for 80 mil, ordering Jessie tortured and murdered, and then trying to protect Skylar at the end.

And off he goes. Remember the ending of the first "Silence of the Lambs", when we saw Hannibal Lecter strolling through a tropical market place dressed in white linens? That might be how we see Walt at the end.

I felt so sorry for Walt,Jr. and Marie, though.

And that baby at the end sitting in that fire truck! It looked like she was acting! Such a doll.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Nah, Walt knew the police were there because Walt, Jr. called them in front of him. He called Skylar knowing it would be taped by police to give her "out", or alibi with whole mess. He never talked to her that way. It was an act, and Skylar knew it. She gladly took the way out.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Mmm, I see what you and the other poster are saying. I just took it at face value.

I always have to watch this stuff more than once.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ah man, this season is ending as a tear jerker.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Another brutal and awesome episode. Only 2 left until the end now.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I thought prior to this season that Breaking Bad was easily a top 10 drama of all time..
I now have no doubts, and their are two episodes left, that this is the finest TV drama ever.
The acting, the writing, the directing.

Anyone not watching this show is missing out on something special no matter how horrible the story lines are.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

suz62
reply to post by redtic

I think you're under the mistaken impression that Walt is a nice guy.

I didn't make this, but I think it explains everything quite clearly.

His call to Skyler was to get her in the clear, he knew the DEA were listening.
edit on 17/9/13 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OH SNAP! That was a good episode!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hank got what he deserved and the look on Marie's face made my day.

Yeah I said it!

I was waiting for this # since season 2...

Ha, go Walt!

Walt is going to come back and free Jess from the slave factory job, and leave a pile of wealth for Skyler and his cry baby son by getting revenge on those white supremacist slobs, take them out one by one with Meth Damon last, then he lets Jesse go free.

He then goes to Saul Goodman, leaves what is left of the money they stole from him which he recovered using that gun we see in episode one of this season. He then crawls of to die of his cancer.

Those redneck dirtbags won't go untouched, Walt knows this...Jess gets saved.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join