It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Does anyone think Walt might kill Skylar by the end of the season?

Her fake freak-out episode and pseudo-suicidal breakdown in front of everyone would give Walt an out to kill her if she became a problem. Then he could blame it on suicide.

I really hope that doesn't happen but I wonder if it will.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I can understand why people don't like Skylar, but I also think it's kind of silly. Since the start of the series, Walt has become increasingly terrible for her. In the beginning, Walt was doing everything for his family, yeah. So, her constant questioning and suspicion was a little annoying. But now, he's just doing it because he likes the power. He's put his family in danger, not just from drug lords, but from the DEA. It will ruin so many people. Also, Walt's a killer, he's told other people to kill, he's blown people up. And he revels in it. In real life, this situation is terrifying. You also have to remember that Skylar wanted Walt out of her life, but he forced his way back. And, lately, there's been a domestic rape vibe going 'round. She's going to be angry and she's going to complain. But she's become so defeated, she's willing to go along with it as long as her children are safe. Skylar has done some bad things and some stupid things, but Walt is the king of bad and stupid.

Anna Gunn's acting in the scene where she's telling Walt what she's planning on doing and Walt keeps countering her and she's realizing not just how futile her situation is, but how ruthless the man she once loved has become is AMAZING. It's one of the greatest scenes in a show full of great scenes. Not every character can be an ass-kicker or funny or clever. There's needs to be regular people and there needs to be victims.

For awhile, I was kicking Skylar might kill herself, but it's starting to look like Walt might go ahead and do that for her.

I think the season's been great so far, but I also think it's suffering from having a shorter season. The show is trying to cram it's normal load of plots and character development and tension building in a shorter amount of time and some of it is feeling rushed. They're trying to amp up the sympathy for Jesse (who is already the most sympathetic character), but it's beginning to feel like every episode has "Do something terrible to Jesse" on its To-Do list.

Also, as terrible as the ending was, I loved it as a viewer. I had forgotten about the kid from the opening, I was rapped up in the heist. And I was excited that everything had gone right for once...and then...
edit on 8/14/2012 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Does anyone think Walt might kill Skylar by the end of the season?

Her fake freak-out episode and pseudo-suicidal breakdown in front of everyone would give Walt an out to kill her if she became a problem. Then he could blame it on suicide.

I really hope that doesn't happen but I wonder if it will.

Could be, I read somewhere that Gilligan said Walt is going to do something that make the viewers really hate him at some point. Up until last night everyone that Walt killed or had killed was in self defense or in defense of his family. But last night that Kid was totally different. Great cliff hanger.

It has just been 3 episodes of Skylers brooding enough already get on with where ever their going to take it. I am rooting for her to get over it and start supporting Walt and they become this badass crime family that no one suspects and right under Hanks nose...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Except the viewers will like him more if he kills her

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jaymp

Thank you!!!! I am another victim of Dish Network pulling AMC from their lineup. I will check the link you posted. Again, thank you!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
great show saul goodman and skinnny pete are so funny
ann other big unerated often looked over charicter is klepto maniac crazy wife of hank "marie" i believe. she is spot on "that lady"

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I caught up with Breaking Bad via www.fastpasstv.ms... I have Dish too, but by the end of the night the latest episode of BB will be posted!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Urgh Walter, you are such a peach.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So frustrating there are only 8 episodes this season then we have to wait almost a year. AMC has the WORST programming execs I have ever seen. Don't get me started on how they handle The Walking Dead, too. I've never seen such a frustrating schedule line-up! It really throws me out of the series when the breaks are that long and the seasons are so short. I wish they'd understand that.

reply to post by zazzafrazz

Yeah, Skylar can be annoying but I REALLY feel her pain and can sympathize with her situation. The members on the IMDB boards eat her character alive and I don't get it. Walt is a drug kingpin, has murdered people, poisoned a child, put his family's lives at risk, committed actions that resulted in several deaths in an airplane crash and his best friend being shot, and does things to get at Skylar. But she's the bad guy because she nags him?

I know a divorced couple who, when they were married, the man was a compulsive gambler who blew away their life's saving, carried on affairs for decades until his wife later found out, embezzled from his company which had the properties seized and they lost everything... but he said he couldn't take his wife's nagging. I was like, 'Well DUH! Don't ruin the life of your entire family and not expect her to be upset!' LOL!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Oh Walt is waaaaay worse, he is a complete loser trying to be something he is not and screwing everybody's lives in the process.
He also felt no guilt about that kid. He's already poisoned another, so why would he.

Walt must die.
But all know Jesse will.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I hope not! Lol Jesse is my favorite by far. Love how he has been through just as much as everyone else but kept his humanity. Saul is my second favorite. This season needs more Saul! Maybe the actor had some other projects going so they had to reduce his part.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree with EVERYTHING you said there, and you are now my new best friend.

LOl @ Sauls Mcdonalds suit.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't think Bob Odenkirk (the actor who plays Saul) has a lot else going on., which is unfortunate because I've been a fan of his for years. I think hearing that he was in the show was what finally got me to watch it. I think there's just not a lot for Saul to do. There hasn't been any legal problems lately and now that Mike is on the team with Jesse and Walt, they don't need to go through him to get his stable of hoodlums.

I want more of him too. Vince Gilligan did say that he plays around with the idea of a Saul Goodman spin-off, which would be incredible. But there's a lot of "ifs" to that, the biggest one being IF Saul survives it all.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Does anyone wish to speculate on Walts big idea on the cliffhanger of the last episode?

Change the color of his meth perhaps? thoughts?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Does anyone wish to speculate on Walts big idea on the cliffhanger of the last episode?

Change the color of his meth perhaps? thoughts?

Walt wants to be the kingpin. So I am guessing he has a plan to take out the competition somehow so he can take over and cut Mike and Jesse lose. Still i have not idea how he might do it and doubt Mike would go along with anything like that so we'll see.

I do think Walt is going to kill Mike at some point...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm guessing one of them dies.
Walt or Jesse.

Actually as its the last season next year, Im going with he's plans on making it a blood bath. Loads of death.

But I hope Hank gets to arrest him. He has screwed Hank as well. That poor big oaf.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Walt won't die until the end of the series. We started with Walt, we'll end with him. I don't think Jesse will die either. At least not yet.

As for what Walt's plan is...remember the cold open of the first episode this season? Walt's car had New Hampshire plates, didn't they? Maybe he's going to relocate. Though, that's a really far-fetched idea. Since Walt knows nothing about distribution. Still, something has to get him there.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Oh, man. This might be the point where I can no longer be okay with Walter White. He's been a bad man for a long time, but this might be the last straw.

Mike was one of my all-time favorite TV characters and he didn't get the awesome death he deserved.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So what you're saying is I should probably watch this show on the internet Season 1 to the end?

I will eventually. I just need to hear it's good from ATS first. I only have 28 channels. This show isn't on them.

What about The Walking Dead as well, i'm not too into Television but i've heard these 2 shows are decent.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
urgh, I didn't think I could dislike Walt more.
I almost don't want to watch anymore, and just re-watch season one instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join