It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
At first I thought Jesse was proud. Thinking he was some big bad killer. But watching episode 2 again. It hit me. He's scared to be alone with himself. Let's me know he hasn't gone cold. There's hope for that boy yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaymp
At first I thought Jesse was proud. Thinking he was some big bad killer. But watching episode 2 again. It hit me. He's scared to be alone with himself. Let's me know he hasn't gone cold. There's hope for that boy yet.

I liked Walter at first and I still do but it's Walter who is really screwing up Jesse and driving him deeper into the dark-side. Up until that point Jesse had not killed anyone directly. Walter so far has killed crazy 8 attempted to kill Tuco let Jesse's girlfriend die when he could have saved Her thereby resulting in the plane disaster. He also killed
those two gang members and is plotting to kill Gus currently. Walter is already moved past the point where he feels it is wrong to murder he is becoming comfortable with it where as Jesse feels horrified by what he had to do when he shot Gale who Walter originally intended to kill.

Who knows where Jesse might be if he never met Walter he might still be a low level dealer, busted, or cleaned up his act .
Walter has been the driving force behind Jesse the whole time pushing him further and further for his own ambition.
I do feel that Walter does care for Jessie but he has also used him a great deal too to further his own aims.
I feel that is one of the deeply messed up things about the show the relationship between Walter and Jesse
and it's sad because you know it isn't going to end well but you keep watching anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Agreed. And Jesse is starting to pick up on it as well. You could tell when they were sitting i the lab, thinking Gus was going to kill them. Jesse finally realized he was nothing but a tool to Walter. Yeah, Walter feels a bit guilty about what he's done to Jesse. Does Walter actually care about him? Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Thoughts on 2nights episode? (Bullet Points)

The ending killed me. What say you all?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I haven't missed an episode.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Thoughts on 2nights episode? (Bullet Points)

The ending killed me. What say you all?

Pretty crazy episode!

The following are possible situations that Jessie is going to be in with Mike:

Mike is taking Jessie out to the desert to help him bury the bodies of the dead cartel guys that shot up the pollos truck. This would explain the preview for next week's episode where Mike has a shovel in his hands.

Mike it taking Jessie out there, where mike has Jessie's little brother tied up, and threatens to kill him if Jessie doesn't straighten up. Doesn't seem too likely, but I guess possible.

Mike is taking Jessie to meet Gus. Gus will propose something to Jessie. Perhaps replacing Walt as the cook, maybe killing Walt, or maybe Jessie becoming a henchman of Gus.

Mike is taking Jessie out there to kill him, which seems the most obvious, but we know for a fact Jessie is not going to die, so if this is the case, something happens to stop Mike from killing Jessie.

The only other thing I could possibly think of, is that Mike is just taking Jessie out there to scare him. I doubt this is the case though, as it's obvious to everyone, including Mike, that Jessie doesn't care if he lives or dies. Jessie is fearless right now, and Mike knows he can't "scare him straight"

The sneak peeks that they always show are always HORRIBLY misleading. Like sneak peek from last week. They show Walt saying "You got me" Saul saying "This is an endgame, there is no turning back" Neither of which was anywhere near as nefarious as they wanted you to believe.

I'm really starting to wonder about Hank. I think he highly suspects that Walt is Heisenberg. The way he was talking to Walt about Gale's death and the Meth notes, Hank was acting very strange. I really think he is looking at Walt in a different way now, it's only a matter of time before Hank figures it out. The question then is, what does he do when he does figure it out? I can't wait! It'll be more of a "oh chit" moment than when Walt told Skyler that he cooks Meth.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

"Mike is taking Jessie out to the desert to help him bury the bodies of the dead cartel guys that shot up the pollos truck. This would explain the preview for next week's episode where Mike has a shovel in his hands."

Hey man, that is an excellent thought, it didn't even cross my mind! I thought Mike was taking Jesse out there for a mock execution. Yeah the scenes for next weeks episodes always get to me, horribly misleading just like The Sopranos ones used to be.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Walter JUST couldn't keep his little mouth shut could he? From here on out, what ever happens to Walt, I wont give a damn. Things are getting interesting with Jesse & Mike though...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Walter has always been a moron, especially when he's drunk or otherwise altered. I just can't wait to see how he tries to deny blame for his loose lips.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well I guess I was totally wrong about what Jessie and Mike were doing out in the desert! That's why I love this show, it's almost impossible to guess what's going to happen.

I do think that Gus is trying to put a wedge between Walt and Jessie with his new job for Jessie. Very interesting.

And damn Walt was crazy at the end there! If Hank didn't suspect Walt before, he REALLY has to now. Only a complete moron would not be able to put all of the evidence together:

Hank knows Jessie is involved in the blue meth.

Hank knows Jessie and Walt have a connection

Hank knows there was meth related lab equipment stolen from the chemistry lab at Walts school that he was in charge of.

He knows Walt is a genius chemist

He knows Walt just came into a LOT of money

When they arrested the "fake Heisenberg" (jimmy in-and-out) Walt just happened to show up at the scene.

When Hank was trying to bust Jessie in the RV at the junkyard, he got the call about his wife Marie being in the hospital. So he knows that Jessie is involved with someone that has inside information on Hank.

I mean, come on, it's really getting to the point now where Hank has to be a complete idiot to not suspect Walt is involved in blue meth manufacture. I think he is supposed to suspect him right now, but it keeping it quiet until he has more information to go on.

I think the rest of this season will focus mainly on the Walt & Hank and Jessie & Mike/Gus dynamic.

Can't wait until next week! I think this was one of the best episodes so far this season.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Show got cancelled

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Show got cancelled

Actually it got renewed for a 5th and FINAL season with a staggering 16 episodes to finish the show off!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The original plan was to end it after 5 seasons, which I would've been fine with. I guess the final 16 episodes are going to be spread over two seasons. I just want a good ending.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaulGoodman
The original plan was to end it after 5 seasons, which I would've been fine with. I guess the final 16 episodes are going to be spread over two seasons. I just want a good ending.

Season 5A

Season5B kind of crap? Jeez I hate when they do that. Reminds me of the Sopranos. Lets just hope we have some closure CLOSURE and it just doesn't fade to black last scene.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I got this from a poster on IMDB.....

"Re: Why are people confused about Walt pointing Hank in the right direction?"

"When I saw it I thought it was a perfect example of what a complicated and self-destructive character he's always been. This is a man who gets angry at his own caner remission party and drives head on into the opposite lane. Wasn't it obvious that he felt emasculated and angry when Skyler decided he would return back home for him? He has always wanted to be recognized for his genius. Put those two together and then you see how the situation was created. "

"by ramonalejandrosuarez"

Very fascinating....
edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Walt's a very proud person, that whole scene seemed to fit perfectly with Walt's general attitude and actions.

Remember when Walt Jr. asked Hank why his "minerals" were pink? Hank said it was basically rust, and Walt went into an hour long explanation about it. He's an extremely smart man, and he wants people to know it. He likes to show off.

When Hank was talking about how great Gale was, Walt couldn't let him get all the credit. Walt knew it was HIM that was the genius, so he wanted to take credit away from Gale.

I also think Walt his threatened by Hank, seeing as Hank is kind of the "alpha male" type. So Walt carrying on like he did was a way to basically say "F U" to both Gale and Hank. He's saying Hank's wrong about Gale, and Gale isn't a genius.

Plus there is the whole Skyler aspect, like the person from IMDB was talking about. Skyler tries to dominate Walt's life, she cheated on him, and she uses their kids and her sexuality to manipulate Walt. He's getting tired of it, I think we'll see him strike back against Skyler in the coming episodes.

I don't think this show will end the way The Sopranos did. From what I understand, Gilligan has had the idea, more or less, for the whole show since they started filming the first seasons. It was supposed to be 5 seasons, and has a very specific arc, and he has said what by the end we WILL hate Walter, and Walter WILL die. So, I don't think it will be some stupid open ended last episode like with The Sopranos.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne

Originally posted by SaulGoodman

Season 5A

Season5B kind of crap? Jeez I hate when they do that. Reminds me of the Sopranos. Lets just hope we have some closure CLOSURE and it just doesn't fade to black last scene.

It's possible. I didn't read this AV Club article close enough, which says that the 16 episodes might be spread over a few years. It also says we might not get any Breaking Bad in 2012. The issue is money and since a 16 episode season would cost more than a regular season, I doubt they'd cram it all together.

As for Walter, as the great reviewer who does the Breaking Bad recaps over at the AV Club (no, I'm not a shill for the AV Club, I just love their site and if you guys want BB discussion you might like it more than IMDB) pointed out Walter started making meth to take control of his life. He wanted to take care of his family like he feels a man should, he didn't want to just let cancer take him. But, everytime he takes a step towards being in control he gets moved two steps back. Gus is in control, Mike is in control, Skyler is in control, everyone but Walt is in control. Walt has his money, but that's it.

Walt wants to be appreciated and since he's as stupid as his is smart he's trying to get that appreciation from the worst person possible.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

Walt being as stupid as he is smart I couldn't have said it better myself.
It makes me cringe what Walt's dumb pride or ego makes him due sometimes.

I think Walt is still under some delusion that making meth is just like a standard business even though he has had to get his hands dirty a number of time.
In some weird way I don't think he sees himself as a criminal he is just doing a job.
Walt is living in a weird form of denial and it's painful to see how oblivious he is to the bigger picture.

This episode his dumb pride got in the way again where he piratically let slip to Skyler that he was responsible for Gales death.

Walter White Just makes me want to face palm sometimes and then shake my head back and forth when he starts weaving lies.

edit on 22-8-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow. Awesome episode.

I was starting to worry that season 4 would be the season that you'd tell friends, "Season 4 is a bit rough, but just get through it." It's been good, but it didn't seem to be going anywhere. It was just about little things. We've seen Hank investigate the meth business before, we've seen Jesse in an emotional crisis, we haven't seen Walt act this childish, but it still feels like classic Walt. In season 3, nobody would've guessed from the outset that Jesse was going to kill a guy, but we had the assassin cousins to keep us engaged until about halfway through when the other plot started to develop. Now, this seasons starting to kick into high gear and I can't wait!

I'm just wondering how Hank's going to come up with something more solid. Being in the apartment of a guy who later got shot isn't a crime, even if that guy was a meth cook. Gus could say he didn't know. He could say they knew each other, maybe Gale was helping Gus come up with vegan options for the restaurant.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

Right on Saul! This is all just the beginning of the final end game! Aaron Paul deserves an emmy, his acting has been strong as hell this season! Also cheers to Hank's detective work, that was slick, but I think DEA special agent Merket is in "bed" with Gus so to speak, not too sure about Gomez though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join