It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, I think the Gray Matter interview was a ploy to flush out Walter. Anyone else see it that way?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think that last night's finale was an appropriate one in light of the high quality of all of the preceding episodes. This finale did not have to be barn burner or a silly attempt to "top" what has come before it. This fine body of work has to appreciated as a whole and not judged simply on how it ended. In my opinion, the writers and producers realized this.

I'm pleased that Walt was largely not apologetic for the damage he had done to so many others (especially his family) -- it allows the viewer to continue to despise him for the poorly justified choices he made along the way. That gave the series closure for me.

Any other thoughts on the finale?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I loved it..especially the laser pins as well as DeadEyed Todd's fate. Have to say Anna Gunn will probably get another emmy out of that kitchen scene, ..and I swear, Brian Cranston better too..you could feel the loss and despair and, even still..the love.

I'm a little sad today...I'm going to miss the show.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm sad Walt's dead. He was evil, yes, but he was still a character I became attached to. Maybe I'm evil to feel that way. I don't know. He was a strong character.

Loved the choice of music for the final episode, but I had a gulp moment, nostalgia kind of sealed Walt's death for me.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In the context of the show the ending was perfect.
It closed all the possibilities, showed the conflict of Walt vs Heisenberg in his final heroic act while being where he was to do what he was.
I loved Walt's admission of why he did what he did..they both should just get awards for that scene right now..

The best show I have ever watched from start to finish or A to Z if you watched Talking Bad afterwards.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Too many great parts to go over, but I will say this...

The gun thing worked a little too good?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I thought it was great. Was I imagining things or did Walt have sort of a smile on his face when he died; following having caressed "his precious"?

One thing for sure. I will never hear "Baby Blue" in the same way again.

Best moment was the look of ecstasy and utter pain on Jesse's face as he drove away. The ultimate mixture of pleasure and pain. Arron Paul is a fantastic actor. They all are.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Lol, yes. When he was making that thing in the desert, I couldn't imagine what in the world.

Oh, and get this. I had absolutely convinced myself that Marie would kill W.W. Yeah, kind of a "who shot JR" moment.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The best show I have watched from start to finish

Absolutely. For me too... between the original story concept, the writing, the character arcs, the acting, the ironic plot twists....a CAPTIVATING thrill ride.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just watched the final episode and thought it was brilliant in the way it tied up loose ends and the gun thing was excellent also the risson with that woman was great as well.
I only started watching this series a few months ago,and saw every single episode and it will be missed.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Restricted

Loved the choice of music for the final episode, but I had a gulp moment, nostalgia kind of sealed Walt's death for me.

My mother was a huge Marty Robbins fan, so as a child I would listen to her play "El Paso" over and over on the record player and watch her get teary eyed each time. I knew the lyrics to this tune well enough to know how appropriate they were to this finale and the storyline.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

I was referring to "Baby Blue". Just about made me cry when he died. A scene I'll never forget because of the music.

Cranston was awesome as Walter. I hope he gets some juicy roles. Definitely Best Actor.
edit on 9/30/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

Unfortunately 90% of it was predictable

Having said that: of course it was predictable in many ways, but was it satisfying?

Yes. Yes it was. Excellent end to an excellent story.

I hope whatever Brian Cranston is next cast in, the writers have the talk to back up his walk

edit on 30-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

GoneGreyMy mother was a huge Marty Robbins fan, so as a child I would listen to her play "El Paso" over and over on the record player and watch her get teary eyed each time. I knew the lyrics to this tune well enough to know how appropriate they were to this finale and the storyline.

Thanks to my mom, I'm a huge Marty Robbins fan (weird for a 43 y/o dude from the hood), and I seriously thought Vince Gilligan was going to use the lyrics for "El Paso" as a storyline for the finale.

I was almost bummed out when they announced the names of the Final Eight episodes - with "Felina" being the finale. I've read somewhere online that Felina was just an anagram for finale, but I was convinced that "El Paso" was gonna be used during a major shootout between Walt and the Aryan Brotherhood, as Skylar watches Walt take a bullet to the gut.

Glad I was so wrong - I loved Breaking Bad, and I loved how it was resolved. Such a great series with exceptional writing.

This is gonna be difficult to top in all directions.
edit on 9/30/2013 by the_philth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Should have been two hours long. Can't get enough "Bad".

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I thought the ending was great, but I was half expecting Walt to try some of his own creation in his dying moments - he could have slipped into a psychedelic dream or something - I imagine that would upset too many of the 'It glamorizes drugs' people - but anyway brilliant show, brilliant ending.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ramcheck
I thought the ending was great, but I was half expecting Walt to try some of his own creation in his dying moments - he could have slipped into a psychedelic dream or something - I imagine that would upset too many of the 'It glamorizes drugs' people - but anyway brilliant show, brilliant ending.

That's a novel idea. Never thought of that angle. I wonder if they considered it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Still Breaking Sad

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

It's so uncanny how a song from 40 years ago can be so perfect for the ending...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I miss Walt. He can't be dead. This really sucks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join