It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come to the conclusion that philosophy and so-called enlightened philosophers are mostly BS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It is my philosophy that science needs philosophy and philosophy needs science. There are two kinds of intelligence. There is wisdom and knowledge.

You know how the light bulb was invented? It was 1000 wrong ideas, and one that worked. This is what philosophy does. It conceptualizes the universe so that science can have something to work with and vice versa. Philosophy:Existence :: Science:Materialism.

The philosophers find out who/what God is. The scientists find out how he works. These are the ultimate paths of a dualistic split intelligence. Wisdom vs. Knowledge.

The scientist is on a quest for technological power. The philosopher is on a quest for quality of being.

There is no wrong path. There is your path, and there is my path, and they both wind up at the same destination.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I see what you mean how often philosophers can't back up their claims with facts like scientists can. But, this is because things like proof and facts belong solely to the realm of science. However, philosophical concepts can be potential facts, and potentially provable. People use philosophy to find an appropriate way to live their life. As such, the philosophical wisdom that they share are often things that they have learned along the way that work for their ideal life.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join