It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat in Wisconsin taking an economic populist message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Now I am not a Democrat but have to admit this is a quite powerful campaign ad which could truly damage the Republican challenger. If we look back into history of the Democratic Party when it had control over the legislature for 40 years they focused almost solely on a message of economic populism, since the ‘90s they have abandoned that in favor of a more cultural message. Should the Democrats return to this message there is no doubt in my mind from studying American political history that this is a very successful political message.

Please keep this non-partisan and focus on the strategy.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's going to get progressively, pardon the pun, more difficult for anyone to defend the insane tax policy we have in place right now.

Everyone do with less, unless you already have a ton, in which case you can have some more.

You are right. This strategy is going to hit home with a lot of hurting folks. Senator Olsen's going to have a tough sell versus this message.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Democrats nation wide will be adopting this strategy in the coming elections; after all.... "it's about the economy stupid"

And painting the GOP as the party of the rich will resonate clear and long as the American family tightens their belt to make ends meet while their taxes go to subsidize corporations that are showing record profits.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What you call "populism" the leadership of the Democrat party has long-recognized as simply a particularly effective form of social manipulation. They've employed the principle to great success, and continue to do so to this very day.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The problem with that is a vast majority of republicans, or just about anyone opposed to these tax policies, view themselves as millionaires that just haven't made it yet.

"You can't tax rich people because I'll be there someday!" Someday never comes, they just don't realize it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by whaaa

The problem with that is a vast majority of republicans, or just about anyone opposed to these tax policies, view themselves as millionaires that just haven't made it yet.

"You can't tax rich people because I'll be there someday!" Someday never comes, they just don't realize it.

But they do realize that subsidies to companies that don't pay taxes, outsource jobs and rip off the American taxpayer must end. It's not class warfare anymore but the people against the mega corps. imo

new topics

top topics

join