It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster-Like Animal Filmed in Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Loch Ness Monster-Like Animal Filmed in Alaska

Here's the still from a video.

A video from 2009 shows something mysterious moving across the surface of the sea that resembles an Alaskan version of the Loch Ness monster.

Some are claiming that the animal is a "Cadborosaurus," a type of reptile or lizard that got its name from Cadboro Bay, in British Columbia. They say that what's in the video is a sea serpent that dwells in the North Pacific and possibly other regions.

From '09 but to be shown today(see video further down the post). The "Cadborosaurus" has been mentioned on ATS before, good read.

On the left it does look like a head, to the right a tail. Possible creature? Log? Something else?

What do you think?

"Hillstranded," a new Discovery Channel special debuting tonight that features the 2009 footage.

More info will be presented in the show for those following the Cadborosaurus.

While he understands the controversy and skepticism over such sightings and claims, Hillstrand believes the many fishermen who have reported seeing the animal "are not a bunch of fruitcakes. These are people who are familiar with the local marine life." Source

Show trailer video.

As they state, possible unknown creature to the area.
edit on 18-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

although id like to think its so......i have to see the video

is there a link to the video?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That's a trip! They said 20 to 30 feet long! Very cool!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

I'm looking around, though, so far the footage will debut on the new show.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Definately looks like it lifts its "head" at one point - interesting to see the seamen genuinely confused...I like water creature mysteries - thanks!

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Has the still been touched up to make it more serpentine? At no point did I see that frame in the video, BTW its on YouTube. On my phone so can't link it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Thanks, I'll post it then

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Oh yeah,, that's really convincing

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
looks promising.

about time someone get's some real footage.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hmm I'm not sure what to think. In that link to the video that was just posted it seems to be moving, so it's not completely static and just moving along with the current like a log or some garbage would be expected to. But something could be hitting it underwater depending on how deep it is at that point in the water, maybe it bumped into a rock underwater that caused it to move and appear to be alive.

There's no way that we've discovered every single species on the planet, so I'm completely open to the idea that there could be some crazy creatures out there, and this could be one of them.
edit on 18-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am no expert but it does look like an Oar fish to me.

link

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Kinda looks like a

more than a plesiosaur.

The photo is reminiscient of the doctors photo.
edit on 18-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
These kinds of videos can be very deceiving. I have seen beaver hauling logs across a river that looks similar to this. You never know what you have until you can see what's actually UNDER the water. Depending on buoyancy, two thirds of it could still be hidden. Animals can and do haul all sorts of things in the water. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I still can't believe this crabfishing show nonsense.

I really want to see the full, unbastardized video without this stupid TV show interfering.

As much as I love Caddy, I think this is turning out to be a travesty. If it was truly significant, than they probably wouldn't of waited so damn long to milk even more money out of some old crabfishing reality TV show.

Tasty Canadian-
These kinds of videos can be very deceiving. I have seen beaver hauling logs across a river that looks similar to this. You never know what you have until you can see what's actually UNDER the water. Depending on buoyancy, two thirds of it could still be hidden. Animals can and do haul all sorts of things in the water. Just sayin'.

However much I detest the quality of the video so far, there are important things to note.

First off, that's not a beaver. It's definitely something long in the water....

Secondly, it seems to shoot water in the air like a whale does with its blowhole so it's definitely a large marine animal.

Originally, this footage was supposed to show a family of Caddys swimming away from a bunch of hungry Orcas. I want to see what was promised, dammit
edit on 19-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling this. There really is very little to see in that video and while it does look like something moving through the water, you can't tell what it is, certainly not so that you could call it a Lochness Monster type creature. To be honest, it could almost just be waves too. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Do you remember the episode when the Hillstrands launched lanterns to Make Sig Hansen believe he was sailing into UFO's? Well, when this thing finally airs I bet this is revenge by Sig. Creepy video, then they'll pull some scary creature up in a pot with a note from Sig, "Gotch ya".

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ive seen this befoer on deadliest catch, oh damn is the Hillstrands tv show starting tonight !? Im in the UK, will keep myeyes peeled on the Discovery channel, i love The Deadliest Catch & I love the Hillstrands, there such awesome dudes !

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentorman

Lol mentor that episiode was so funny, Sig was going crazy haha, 'WHAT IS TAHT' WAT THE **** IS THAT !!???? hahah so amazing, love all the guys out there and the show.

new topics

top topics

join