It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This a Sign that the Economy is Getting Better?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just walked down the street to get a coffee. When I go to the 7-11, I walk right by a couple of our apartment complex's dumpsters. I've seen lots of strange things getting thrown away, but I believe this one takes cake on all. I think it's just the humor aspect of it. Just had to pop in ATS and share with y'all.

So, is this possibly a sign that the economy is getting better? "Well, darn... I don't need THAT anymore!"

It may be just one homeless person playing a cruel prank on another...

OR, maybe... nah, you can come up with your own conjectures!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b56fb7b71f1.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'd say it's a sign of the economy getting worse - why would you need a shopping cart when you can't afford to put anything in it????

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Because the homeless need those shopping carts! So if someone is throwing away shopping carts the economy must be getting better!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's getting colder as well! Look! They don't need cooler anymore!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Maybe just hiding their cart for later use from the trucks that pick them up which return them to the store for cash.
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think it is a game bums play with each other, hide and find the shopping cart. They need something to pass the time right.

Better yet the bum got smart, and was like wait, i can just have people toss the crap they dont want into my cart on there own instead of having to dig it out of the trash can myself.
edit on 18-7-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If anything this should be indicative of how bad some people are doing in a country where everything is suppose to be fair and of equal opportunity.

It's sad to see things like this, but it's even more sad to think someone may view this as our economy recovering.

Double face palm....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Looks like art to me, representing the throwing away of consumerism, toxic styrofoam, plastic bags and cups. That is the beholding of these eyes anyway.
But as it is, me thinks it is a transient's day garage

link   
Well since the garbage is about empty, and markets try to recover the carts.

It is some Hobolo hiding the cart till the night.

To use or sell for scrap.

Just the same ol same old for the last 20 yrs.

link   
Well little things like that go a way toward explaining why many stores I went to wouldn't even allow customers to take a shopping cart out the door and into the parking lot anymore. California is a strange little countr....err...state.
It's so good to be back in the midwest where people can throw away perfectly good shopping carts in peace. LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
on the "haha" aspect - can I get that address? I'm in need of a new shopping cart

on the real - it probably has a busted wheel ♥

new topics

top topics

join