It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just a quick post to say thank you to all ATS members who promote a friendly atmospere by having respect, manners,understanding and patience.

I personally have taken the time to try and become familiar with the ways of ATS, it is an internet community that took me some getting used to, here you must be fully aware of the terms & conditions, be aware of whats been discussed previously, and try and keep up the pace with some of the other members, you've quickly got to learn about trolls, debunkers, disinfo, hoaxes...and all the other stuff exsperienced people here know about.

Im sure you all know what I mean.

I do appreciate the fact they try to keep the site as clean as possible, and only have relevant content.

However, In the last week I have embarrassed my self twice by posting 2 videos that had previously been posted and debunked.

These videos were new and interesting to me and I wanted to share with ATS. I did run the titles of the vids threw the search bar, and variations of the title, yet didnt turn up the content...so I posted it.

In these two threads I received some rather harsh comments from a couple of members about me wasting their time, having no common sense, not using the search, making the whole ATS community look foolish, and just being an idiot in general.

A little OTT imo, I used the search and I had no intention to Irk/bore ATS members, I just thuoght I was contributing.

And its not just me, I have seen many times that individuals are attacked horribly for similar mistakes.

It does certainly make me think twice before wanting to share anything again for fear of being made to sound stupid.

Infact I probably wouldnt still be part of this community if it were not for the other great members here that tolerate some of the everyday dud threads. The members that can shrug it off and politely inform the OP of their error and perhaps point them in the right direction to the answer/discussion they were looking for.

I've seen people share their views and have sometimes been proven to be wrong, yet some of the people to inform them of this do it by attacking the fact they didnt hold this knowledge, and degrading them for it.

And it then falls to the better ATS members to defend some people and save them from abandoning this site completely. They understand not everyone knows everything, and not all members have been here forever to "see it all", and they understand that that ruddy search bar doesnt all ways turn up what you want.

Any way, I appreciated some of the better ATS members providing me some moral support today, after some one put me down pretty hard over a vid.

Infact, someone defended me today and inspired another member to apoligise for being so insulting and he vowed he would change his approach.

So all you happy and helpfull ATSers keep you the good work to stomp out the grouches

edit on 18-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, I'll add to your thank you with an "I'm sorry".

I know I'm a jerk all too often.

But yes, thank you to all members above my level of shenanigans.

MM

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Great post don't take the angry people too seriously. some of the folks here are that way all the time, baiters. Just keep doing things the way you are, you will learn how to refine searches to find previous threads and 99% of us will be happy about the information, most people don't read all the posts that are up 24 hrs a day so sometimes things get missed. the mods don't get angry about it and the mature folks on this site are glad for the content.

I know I am. Thank you!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You hit it on the head when you said ..online COMMUNITY

Just like in the real world (in effect it is the real world )

There is a wide diversity of people here just like out there .

Smart people ..everyday run of the mill folks...lowlifes..and anal retentive as well
We wont all get along..but you have to handle it like you would everyday life..
Just an old mans 2cents worth.

top topics

join