It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the supposed fake roswell footage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I know this video has been posted and discussed before, but I have a new question....

now, Im still on the fence about this video, though im leaning towards fake.

But my question is this, I heard a lot of people saying this is probably a viral campaign add for some of the alien movies coming out... but most of those movies have come out now and this alien guy isn't in any of them. so if its not for viral advertising, than what would its purpose be?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I dont know enough about video recording to judge my self, so I'd have to put my trust in the majority and just say its a fake for trolls sake.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
He ain't cool enough to be in a movie, I mean look at him and his tailor needs a good telling off as well.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: Warner Bros copyright law.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Roswell was never fake. Its all a recent scam along with the moon landing hoax. Complete BS to try and hide real ufology.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Roswell happened, moon landing was fake, recent scam, covering up real UFO's?

did I understand correctly? If I did can you tell me a little more please.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I dont know enough about video recording to judge my self, so I'd have to put my trust in the majority and just say its a fake for trolls sake.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

I have the same opinion as you that I don't have any cgi expertise to judge for myself, but even if it is fake, for what purpose has it been faked? if its cgi then its hollywood quality special effects, so why would someone put soo much time into this video for absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
He ain't cool enough to be in a movie, I mean look at him and his tailor needs a good telling off as well.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: Warner Bros copyright law.

lol Spielberg's E.T. looked like he was dragged out of a garbage can but was still cool enough for a movie, not to mention a lot of actors look like they were dragged from the same place....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

You got a point there also

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I want to know why the sound is of tape transferring from reel to reel? That sound is what you hear when you're standing beside an old time projector and it's projecting the images - not when you're recording them?

Oz

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I thought in one of the threads someone had traced this to a person who had been practicing visual effects? I wish I had a link but it was some how connected to the original uploader's yahoo account name ..

If that's the case, it's probably not a movie coming out but someone honing their skills

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
lol why does it have a digital counter it its analog?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozscot
I want to know why the sound is of tape transferring from reel to reel? That sound is what you hear when you're standing beside an old time projector and it's projecting the images - not when you're recording them?

Oz

Well I think the effect is specifically so you'd think they were pulling this video from a projector .. problem is it's too loud and just doesn't sound legitimate .. you'd probably remove the sound when you uploaded it from yahoo since it's so annoying.. but being that this is pretty much fake, the sound was no doubt added to try to help make it more realistic.. not only that but such heavy noise both visually and audibly distracts you a bit so it's harder to notice the CG

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

The font of the counter ( looking digital ) didn't bother me as much as the weird fade in and fade out of the counter .. it doesn't match the video ..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Original footage could have been transferred to some form of digital media that had the counter on it for timing purposes. Just an idea!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

im not sure what you mean, but heres another old video with a counter on it. from 1948

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Some people do it JUST to prove how some people will believe anything they see.

Case in point "Thefakinghoaxer" (not that he was doing it to purposely fool people, he's a fan of making CGI). He did some amazing video that was better than any Hollywood crap that I have seen in a long time and even though he says that they are fake...people still believed they were real.

He even cam on here to ATS to respond to one of his video's being posted here telling people that it was fake....sadly most didn't believe him.

heres the link to that thread.

TFH thread

Anyways, people will just believe everything they see without question.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I know this video has been posted and discussed before, but I have a new question....

now, Im still on the fence about this video, though im leaning towards fake.

But my question is this, I heard a lot of people saying this is probably a viral campaign add for some of the alien movies coming out... but most of those movies have come out now and this alien guy isn't in any of them. so if its not for viral advertising, than what would its purpose be?

Suppose it is a campaign by TPTB to start telling some of the truth because it MUST eventually come out? I believe the triangles are going to be revealed by Obama in an attempt to save his presidency and the end of that revelation eventually must lead to the whole story coming out.

Take two on that scene: Obama, in a bid to save himself a place of honor in the history books will reveal that the ETs are here and the triangles are a "gift" from them.

"Oh, Happy Days are here again!" That was a common saying as the Depression of the 1930s ended as the world slide into WWII.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Iam sorry but that is my xwife lost here years ago thanks for finding her
Do you have her address I still have here food bowl to send here

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
the eyes blinking looks cgi, if they would have kept it simple, without the eye lids closing it would have looked better.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

Some people do it JUST to prove how some people will believe anything they see.

Case in point "Thefakinghoaxer" (not that he was doing it to purposely fool people, he's a fan of making CGI). He did some amazing video that was better than any Hollywood crap that I have seen in a long time and even though he says that they are fake...people still believed they were real.

He even cam on here to ATS to respond to one of his video's being posted here telling people that it was fake....sadly most didn't believe him.

heres the link to that thread.

TFH thread

Anyways, people will just believe everything they see without question.

I get that, but in your case the creator came forward, to my knowledge no one has accepted responsibility for this video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join