It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a Google Bomb! [HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticUnderdog

Seeing that you are fairly new here...
Be afraid,be very afraid and don't be
surprised if this thread disappears.
Remember the three monkeys...
hear,speak and see,no evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by boncho

No one makes tin foil anymore, and aluminum foil doesn't work at all -- little known secret "they" are keeping from you.

I use stainless steel to be honest.

It doubles as a James Bond style weapon.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by SkepticUnderdog

Seeing that you are fairly new here...
Be afraid,be very afraid and don't be
surprised if this thread disappears.
Remember the three monkeys...
hear,speak and see,no evil.

He's not new. His username is an obvious pun on someone else's username.

Old hat, new name.

IMO.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I understand ATS is a business, and is privately owned. It's their sandbox, they can do what they want in it.

What bothers some people, I think, is the attitude. This site is lauded as a place for open and free discussion on "controversial" topics. There are T&C that must be upheld, which is very understandable. But there is also censorship of posts, that I have seen first hand numerous times (and also been on the receiving end of) that are not actually violating the T&C.

For instance, a thread about a poll of what black voters thought of Obama's performance as president. That was the topic of the thread. My reply? I talked about Obama's performance as president, as well as how reliable polls are. I guess talking specifically about the topic at hand is somehow off-topic? My reply got removed for being off-topic, even though nobody in their right mind could possibly think so. And when I try to question this action, I get ignored, and basically told to shut up once actually replied to.

Content is USER generated. ATS would be nothing without its member base, this is a fact. For this reason, you would think the staff would have some respect for their members, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead it's "sit down, shut up, keep contributing, don't ask questions, and leave if you get tired of it"

I've been on internet forums for over 10 years, I've been a Staff-writer for 5 separate large forums, and a Moderator on two of those. I was also a paid content contributor (vendor credit), as well as a staff reviewer who received free products from vendors for review purposes.

I know how forums work, I've seen them from every angle, and I know it doesn't HAVE to be this way. One of the forums I still help moderate, which is only slightly smaller than this site, likes to work with their members. If a member has an issue, there is an OPEN discussion where staff will participate. Non-staff members are also able to contribute to these discussions. Moderators can, and do step out of line, and when this happens it's great to have such an open community. But ATS isn't like that. Even though it relies totally on it's members free contributions, those same members don't have a voice at all when it comes to how the site is being run.

Then comes the standard rebuttal, if you don't like it get out. Mature. I'll repeat again I know ATS is a business, but so are the other forums I'm involved with, and they don't have the same heavy handed, unapproachable, and NEVER wrong attitude.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should, or that it's the right thing to do. I just find it a little sad that member issues seem to be ignored and complaining members even ostracized for speaking up. You know, things don't improve because everyone goes along with the status quo. Things improve because people speak up about things that bother them, others put their $.02 in, and maybe some progress and changes are made. No, lets just bash, make fun, or ignore people that are unhappy with how things are run. That will work.
edit on 18-7-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Do they deal with all the loonies that ATS deals with?

I think that has had an effect on how the site has been moderated.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'll be honest and say they aren't the type of forums that attract some of the nut-cases we see around here, and that being the case I do understand the additional stress the staff must be under. I do also understand that this site is open to pretty much anybody, where you must be 18, and 21 for the majority of the other forums I've mentioned, so the general maturity of the members if generally higher there.

I don't want it to seem like I'm just going all out bashing the staff, because that totally isn't the case. I know they have a hard job, and I think they do a great job keeping this site clean.

It's just upsetting that people who have legitimate complaints don't seem have their concerns heard in a positive light. It's always just "GTFO if you don't like it"

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

It's just upsetting that people who have legitimate complaints don't seem have their concerns heard in a positive light. It's always just "GTFO if you don't like it"

I find too much time is wasted on the crazies. Get out if you don't like it is fine with me, from what I have noticed though, the site has been very supportive of people that are reliable contributors to the content on the site. You can't expect to come here one day and then take on all the administration in a death match.

Which is just reflective of the real world. Respect is built over time, from both sides.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
He's not new. His username is an obvious pun on someone else's username.

I wondered about that too so I looked at his first few posts he made here. Essentially he made 20 crappy posts as quick as possible (we're talking gum under the park bench stuff) then he runs in here and posted this long rant about AboveTopSecret.com. He couldn't have been a more obvious attention seeking troll without stripping down naked, clenching a lit Roman candle in his butt cheeks, and running down the street with a sparkler in each hand.

Honestly I'm surprised he's given the time of day based on his posting history here. No street cred at all. I'm not impressed. I suppose the show and melt-down is amusing. Pass the popcorn.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Listen. If ATS is making the money you say they are...

Why are we getting free T-shirts, bumper stickers, Hats....?

At least for the contributors. jeezzzz.

If we were all sporting such nice apparrel, then I would say you are onto something.

Cookies too?

I have been too busy around here darn it.

High Regard for the Owners and Mods for not banning you. No reason to. You proved a point right from the beginning. You apparently didn't impress or something when you tried and most likely got B...H slapped by Command. Tsk Tsk.

Falling on deaf ears here Sir.
edit on 7/18/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
For some people, no answer you give them is ever going to be good enough. They'll just keep coming back with more rebuttals and questions to follow. Ad infinitum.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
No one makes tin foil anymore, and aluminum foil doesn't work at all -- little known secret "they" are keeping from you.

That is not the worst of it... MIT did a study and found that aluminum hats actually AMPLIFY the signal... act like an antenna

On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:
An Empirical Study
berkeley.intel-research.net...

I see someone did a thread

MIT - Tinfoil Hats Make Things worse For Wearers,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Why are we getting free T-shirts, bumper stickers, Hats....?
At least for the contributors. jeezzzz.

HEY Wait a minute... did I miss a meeting?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
Honestly I'm surprised he's given the time of day based on his posting history here. No street cred at all. I'm not impressed. I suppose the show and melt-down is amusing. Pass the popcorn.

And YOU of course are assuming that he wasn't here before... based on his posting history

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I use MagnaShield, it even blocks out Luna

www.magnetic-shield.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticUnderdog
id rather pay a fee then wonder how the hell you keep this site afloat.

Where shall I send your bill?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
2nd
edit on 19-7-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join