It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS OBE experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have been reading with great interest posts by members claiming to have had OBEs. Like many of you, I'm skeptical. Like many of you, I've never experienced anything like an OBE, despite having tried. Like many of you, I would love some evidence that it is real.

Here's my idea to create an ATS OBE Experiment. It won't be scientific enough to make it into any journals, but it would be scientific enough to convince me (and possibly others out there!). Here's the plan:

1) A person who is capable of having OBEs should post his/her willingness to participate in the experiment.

2) Once that person has posted his/her willingness to participate in the experiment, I will U2U that person to give him/her information necessary to find me. I will not give personal information (like my real name, telephone number, or address), but it is my understanding that a person who can astral travel well doesn't need such specific information. I would be happy to send any other information about myself, however. We will agree on a time for him/her to "visit" (I'm happy to make it a span of time - sometime within the next month - in case you aren't able to have an OBE every time you try).

3) Next, I will write a secret word on a piece of paper and put it in my house.

4) All who are interested in being part of the experiment can U2U me to learn the secret word (it is my understanding that this site is controlled so that there aren't any members with more than one member name. If that's not correct, then this won't work, since it would be easy for someone to cheat.)

5) When our OBE-er travels, he/she will read my word and post it here on ATS.

I recognize that this experiment, if successful, will be most impressive to me and less impressive to those who merely saw the word via U2U, but it seems worth a shot.

Any takers?

P.S. If this experiment is not feasible for some reason, I would love to hear other suggestions for an informal ATS OBE experiment that would give us all a reason to believe in it!

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Estrella]

Chi

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Cool. I'm not that good at OOBEs to astral travel, but you could give me the secret word if you like.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Chi, once we have an astral traveler who is willing to be the subject of our experiment, I'll send the word to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm rethinking this experiment. If I U2U the secret word to all interested parties, how will we know that

a)the astral traveller doesn't have another identity on ATS and is using it to get the secret word

or

b)the astral traveller doesn't have a friend on ATS who is willing to help him/her cheat?

The only solution I can come up with is if the moderators can set up delayed U2Us? My idea is that I could send out the secret word to everyone at the beginning of the time period, but that it wouldn't appear in your boxes until after the time period. That way, you'll all know it's really the secret word I put in my house, but there will be no way for our traveller to get the word dishonestly.

Is anything like a delayed U2U possible?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
how about you take a picture of you holding up your secret word on a piece of paper , but what you do is delete the actual part where the word is from the picture = then when the experiment is over you can just show the pic that hasnt been altered to hide the word

simple

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good idea, acidhead. I don't know how to manipulate a photo so that you can't see part of the image, but I'll bet someone could U2U instructions to me. I'd be happy to do it. I have a webcam, so could easily take a photo for all to see.

Also, I received a U2U from someone who suggested that instead of words, I use shapes. He said that "letters or numbers are extremly hard to read in the astral world, they often appear jumbled and out of sync." I'm perfectly flexible and would be willing to create a shape or series of simple shapes for the experiment.

I'll let the astral traveller dictate what category I should use - shape, series of shapes, words, numbers, or a photograph or drawing. I could even choose a simple object from my home and put it in a specified location. He/she will know what will be easiest to read in the astral plane, so he/she can dictate the boundaries of the experiment.

Now all we need is someone to volunteer to be our astral traveller. Any takers?

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Estrella]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Astral travel and OBE are about projecting and recieving energy. What you want to do is, get to a state of meditation where you are intent and focused but completly relaxed. This is a difficult task.

I spoke with Estrella about this. OBE is real time true environment projection...I believe I have achieved this just once, maybe. Astral travel is different. It is in the dream dimention, and since you do this every night, it is easier to achieve awareness of this state, than to get actually "out of body". Whatever you want to try, I will do it..but i have to say the last time we did this it freaked me out enough that I couldnt maintain it for long. I felt like I had 3 or 4 people with me..I could actually feel them touching me. It was an unexpected result that happened many times that night. I could feel, that i was somewhere else and no longer alone and the space I was in turned vast. I was also very cold.

I can tell you dont drink alcohol or over eat that day..practice for a few nights previous, so you will be more likely to lapse into the state the night of the experiment. Leave no unfinished buisiness.--anything that will allow your mind to wander...feel good positive and strong..know that you are safe in your physical environment no matter what. use a blanket because the body can get cold when you meditate

Well discuss this further as a group. I like the idea of the experiment. practice all the time. meditation, and keeping awareness at the point of sleep and focus on a specific place or person are important practices to master if you want to experience this alternate awareness

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It looks like XXKrisXX is going to be our astral traveller for the experiment.

Also, I received an email from someone who is able to do remote viewing, but who can't astral travel. It might be interesting for him to participate, so that we can compare results. I'll email him and ask him if he'd like to try.

It will be a while before I actually set up the experiment. XXKrisXX wants to try to have an "astral meeting" first. I'll do my best. As I told her, I don't know how to astral travel - but I'm willing to try!

This should be fun. Any suggestions are welcome!

-Estrella

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Astral travel IS leaving your body and going to another dimension. Astral plane has several levels, one of them is the dream plane. We go there every night, only we are not aware of it. By practicing awareness when we are awake, we can become aware in a dream, achieve lucid dreaming. Then you can go to various places in astral plane and this plane too.
This is only a short basic of it, it is actually a lot more complicated.
I have been practicing for a few months now and I am willing to try this experiment. I cannot say for sure that it will work, but I will try.
I also agree that shapes and objects are easier to recognise then letters.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
All we have to do is focus on each other..we can do a mini experiment with anyone who wants to do this. Better yet, we can focus on a place to imagine a "meeting". ill find a pic of somewhere and we will try to go there. So lets make this attempt for this week sometime about 900--1000 eastern time.--that will be the beginning, but the experiment will continue thru the night. Even if you only find that you "dream" of the place, you are getting somewhere--meaning your concious mind and sub are working together, and it will signify a sort of awareness.

I ve been trying to do this with someone whos not really aware Im attempting. Ive found distractionwhenever I try, I dont know what it is. Ok let me find a picture of a place

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Paperclip has agreed to be another astral traveller for our experiment. I've given her the information she needed, which was simply my location in the world.

She says two weeks should be enough time for her to complete the task. She's going to identify what is on my daughter's wall. I'll take a picture of it and post it after two weeks (or after her post - whichever comes first). You'll know that it isn't fabricated afterward because it isn't something that I could fabricate in a short period of time.

XXKrisXX, I could try the group astral meeting on Thursday. Let me know if your needs for this experiment are different from those of Paperclip's. It will be interesting to see how your experiences are different.

Remote viewers are also welcome to give it a try. I'll give results in two weeks (on August 29th).

Thanks everyone. This should be interesting!

-Estrella

[edit on 15-8-2004 by Estrella]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Have bee3n trying to Astral Travel for quiet some time but am having dificulties with it. I would love to try this meeting, though, XXKrisXX. If someone could give me pointers on how to do it, would love to try.

regs out...

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
from my experience...it is pure effort to"get out"....it takes days for me then...all night I can almost get out then get out get stuck then get out.....for that night I at least get 1/2 out of body even if I get stuck....so use focus. energize from feet to head...
NOTICE, the subtle vibration of the body,, peice by peice. concentrate on 1 part at a time..and you will find this to be. a vibration, quite unusual actually, then it will become over your entire body. the vibration will become stronger and overwhelm you .......the first few times you may "come awake" because it IS akward. relax but continue awareness of this new found body, because the vibration is the way out, the vibration will make you 2. two.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
u2u me with you general habitat and something I can "DWELL" on about your nature or physical being, something strong about you

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hi Estrella ..Looks like things are moving along nicely here, I knew XXKRISXX could help with this she is a good soul. I too would like to try this but like Kris i would need something to Dwell on as well (kind of like coordinates) to find the place. Its like trying to phone someone without their phone number. U2U me something that might help/whatever info you give to kris would work i guess.

Parker

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure what kind of information you are looking for. Could you give me an example of a characteristic that would be helpful? Do you want to know what I look like, or something I love, or something along those lines? Let me know! Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hello Estrella.. Im not sure what protocols Kris would need to complete her task, But if i were to attempt this i would stick to coordinates. The way to do this would be for you to write down an 8 digit set of numbers at random.
Then in your mind say "i am open to the fact people can remote view this intended target" and associate the 8 numbers with what you want me to view. focus your mind on the numbers and target for about two minutes.
It might work for Kris as well im not sure how astral stuff works.
Parker
P.S keep the numbers written down close to the target, or a picture of the target with the numbers written down on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Okay, here is what I have given each of the people who have kindly agreed to participate in this experiment:

To Paperclip, I simply sent information about my location in the world.

To XXKrisXX, I sent information about my location in the world, my favorite thing in the world, and something that I love.

To Parker, I sent coordinates which I associated with the image I want him to remote view.

The goal is for any (or all!) of them to describe what is on my daughter's wall.

In two weeks I'll post a picture of it.

Paperclip, XXKrisXX and Parker: If any of you want more information, you know where to find me. Thanks to all three of you for participating!

-Estrella

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Im going to try for thursday...try to get some vibe from Estrella and then work from there on the remote view. Give a coordinate Estrella. Lets start this thing!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
did we just post that at the same time???,..I didnt see your post Estrella disreguard my last one...that was strange

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join