I have been reading with great interest posts by members claiming to have had OBEs. Like many of you, I'm skeptical. Like many of you, I've never
experienced anything like an OBE, despite having tried. Like many of you, I would love some evidence that it is real.
Here's my idea to create an ATS OBE Experiment. It won't be scientific enough to make it into any journals, but it would be scientific enough to
convince me (and possibly others out there!). Here's the plan:
1) A person who is capable of having OBEs should post his/her willingness to participate in the experiment.
2) Once that person has posted his/her willingness to participate in the experiment, I will U2U that person to give him/her information necessary to
find me. I will not give personal information (like my real name, telephone number, or address), but it is my understanding that a person who can
astral travel well doesn't need such specific information. I would be happy to send any other information about myself, however. We will agree on a
time for him/her to "visit" (I'm happy to make it a span of time - sometime within the next month - in case you aren't able to have an OBE every
time you try).
3) Next, I will write a secret word on a piece of paper and put it in my house.
4) All who are interested in being part of the experiment can U2U me to learn the secret word (it is my understanding that this site is controlled so
that there aren't any members with more than one member name. If that's not correct, then this won't work, since it would be easy for someone to
5) When our OBE-er travels, he/she will read my word and post it here on ATS.
I recognize that this experiment, if successful, will be most impressive to me and less impressive to those who merely saw the word via U2U, but it
seems worth a shot.
P.S. If this experiment is not feasible for some reason, I would love to hear other suggestions for an informal ATS OBE experiment that would give us
all a reason to believe in it!
[edit on 13-8-2004 by Estrella]