It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: The website of the Sun newspaper has been breached by hackers who claim they will lea

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here's a recap to really put this into perspective.

Today, Rupert and James Murdoch had to answer the questions from the British Parliament.

Their answers were dodgey and explanations were vague.

During the proceedings, a man attempted to throw a pie at Rupert Murdoch.

Headlines on cable news and internet news wires read "Murdoch Attacked" or "Murdoch Accosted"

This was the first play by Murdoch and his people in the PR game to make Murdoch look like a victim, and someone who was "out of the loop" as far as the details of how his editors dug for stories.

Now just minutes ago, flipping through the cable news stations, the new headline reads.....

"Murdoch Hacked"

So now, hackers have gotten access to company e-mails, and the personal e-mails of employees.

So, in the last few hours, the two headlines concerning this huge story were:

"Murdoch Attacked" and "Murdoch Hacked"

Makes him look like the victim.

What a production.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

That was not nice. Not everyone knows these acronyms. It doesnt mean they are unaware of whats going on in the world. Obviously they knew enough and were curious enough to click on the thread to get the scoop.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Actually your right it might be more of a blessing. Sorry but that pompous attitude is typically british and almost as bad as american arrogance. I agree with others that just because you feel its big may not be relevant, after all its only tabloid junk. Still it appears to be a huge story, at least if you sip tea. I hope it all goes down.

brill

This is the biggest scandal in decades and is as big as anything in living memory...... If this was happening in the US, there would be 5000 threads on ATS and people would be calling it bigger than Watergate.

Pisses me off how ignorant people are....

Pisses me off how people don't grasp the severity of this scandal and how this really is a game-changer.

There is not a bigger political/legal scandal/story happening in the world right now, and most morons on here haven't got a ******* clue.

You don't know what's going on outside your own country...

Ignorant fools.
edit on 19/7/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I find all this very curious as this crap has completely taken away major heat from Obama for his Operation Gun Runner stunt that should have him impeached.

This is just a huge distraction for their playboy Obama!!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

try searching for lulzsec instead of lulsec and you will find their twitter feed!

GO LULZ GO!!!!

Finally theyve pulled their fingers out of their backsides and are joining in with the Anon agenda.. and to think we thought they had disbanded =) Think again!

They really need this good publicity after the 30 days of lulz!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by brill
Actually your right it might be more of a blessing. Sorry but that pompous attitude is typically british and almost as bad as american arrogance. I agree with others that just because you feel its big may not be relevant, after all its only tabloid junk. Still it appears to be a huge story, at least if you sip tea. I hope it all goes down.

brill

This is the biggest scandal in decades and is as big as anything in living memory...... If this was happening in the US, there would be 5000 threads on ATS and people would be calling it bigger than Watergate.

Pisses me off how ignorant people are....

Pisses me off how people don't grasp the severity of this scandal and how this really is a game-changer.

There is not a bigger political/legal scandal/story happening in the world right now, and most morons on here haven't got a ******* clue.

You don't know what's going on outside your own country...

Ignorant fools.
edit on 19/7/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

HERE HERE MATEY!!!!! Couldnt have said it better myself!

I have had this issue on several threads were Americans (not all of you guys.. just those 1 or 2 of you) dont understand the impact of events.

Fair enough.. NOTW was a BRITISH newspaper. Do you really think they dont have Sun or NOTW offices in the USA???

Do you really think that they only hacked BRITISH phones?!?!?!

If you think that .. then your pretty ignorant to the bigger picture here.

In the even that Murdoch purchased www.foxnewsuk.com after the epic fail of NOTW a good friend of mine purchased the domain.

Check out the page... its simple.. but priceless!

www.foxnewsuk.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Theres a couple of posts regarding the links between The Sun and News of the world.

Whilst being both owned by News Corp. News of the world was on available on Sundays, whilst The Sun is available mon-sat.

This NOTW had more relatively longer articles and if a major scandal was leaked or long term investigation into particular story it was usually the NOTW as the publisher.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join