It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: The website of the Sun newspaper has been breached by hackers who claim they will lea

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
For some reason the news stations aren't finding this news worthy.

I checked out both BBC news and Sky news and neither of them mentioned it, not even briefly.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Originally posted by asala
I would advise everyone here not to click on the link that lulzsac are asking you to come in to..

Lets not be a part of there tomfoolery, Would also hate to see anyone get in to trouble,

Be wise my friends

Do you think they carry viruses ? I clicked on a couple but tjhe pages dont come up quick enough so i quickly get out of there . .

No they don't, and despite what the mod said, it's NOT illegal to observe or access the twitter site.

deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

thats exactly what i thought. didn't they say they were putting the "lulz cannon" away? then they attack an online news source and say "go ahead, arrest us. i dare you."

maybe multiple personality disorder?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by splittheatom
For some reason the news stations aren't finding this news worthy.

I checked out both BBC news and Sky news and neither of them mentioned it, not even briefly.

Apart from this?

www.bbc.co.uk...

A group of computer hackers has tampered with the website of the Sun, owned by News International.

At first, readers were redirected to a hoax story which said Rupert Murdoch had been found dead in his garden.

A group of hackers called Lulz Security, which has previously targeted companies including Sony, said on Twitter it was behind the attack.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

On the sky news website, they talk about it and show a screen shot of the hijacked newspaper online front page

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Aha I seem to be mistaken. Hadn't checked the website this morning, and hadn't seen it on the news, obviously I missed it :/.

What I meant was that it wasn't on tv, but I guess if it is on both websites they must have said something at some point on their tv stations.
edit on 19/7/2011 by splittheatom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by dave0davidson

It's a British tabloid newspaper that has been in print for over 160 years and had, up until recently, millions of regular readers. In the past couple of weeks it has been ALL OVER the British media.

It worries me that people, especially people on ATS, haven't got a clue what News Of The World is or what, in recent weeks, it has come to stand for.

And not being British isn't an excuse.

Actually your right it might be more of a blessing. Sorry but that pompous attitude is typically british and almost as bad as american arrogance. I agree with others that just because you feel its big may not be relevant, after all its only tabloid junk. Still it appears to be a huge story, at least if you sip tea. I hope it all goes down.

brill
edit on 19-7-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Actually your right it might be more of a blessing. Sorry but that pompous attitude is typically british and almost as bad as american arrogance. I agree with others that just because you feel its big may not be relevant, after all its only tabloid junk. Still it appears to be a huge story, at least if you sip tea. I hope it all goes down.

brill

Not relevant? This story is relevant to every single person on this planet.

Either you haven't got a clue as to what this story entails or the significance has completely evaded you, for one reason or another.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Not relevant?

Are you even aware of how corruption is occuring at the moment. This involves police officials, corporations, media, hackers, newspapers, politicians, leaders and now a death.

Please tell the family of the dead man that this is not relevant.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

brill

Either you haven't got a clue as to what this story entails or the significance has completely evaded you, for one reason or another.

No I get it and I didn't question its veracity it is a big story. It was your arrogant comment to others who were attempting to better understand the issue. If we all knew the details and circumstance there wouldn't be much point to ATS. It's a big world out there.

brill

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If this is true then it is MASSIVE... The Sun is perhaps the biggest tool in the elites arsenal here in england.
It has been preaching hatred and zenophobia since its inception. Its readership is truley colossal. It shapes the day to day beliefs of the british public. It has always been a filthy rag trying to keep the british stupid (which im sorry to say it has achieved). If the sun fails we might just have a chance. Its almost more important than attacking the establishment themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

brill

This story is not relevant to everyone, not sure where you get that idea. A newspaper did some illegal things attempting to squeeze more out of a story then most. I am sure their not the first or the last.

Calm down and stop acting like them, sensationalist. It doesn't affect me in the least making it irrelevant to me, relevant to those who read it, those touched by it, those affected by the aftermath. I am none of those.
Don't assume the world reads this garbage.
edit on 19-7-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

This could cause the one of the worlds largest media companies to fail.

But that is not relevant to you.

It could change the way mojor news corporations behave for decades to come.

It could/will affect the political atmosphere in the UK, and possibly in the US depending on the FBI investigation

Ok.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Are you for real? You are from Canada right? Arnt your young men dying in the dirt in afghanistan as we speak? It was the sun that tripped the british populace into buying that war, just like it was the sun that spouted about WMD s that lied us and you into iraq. It will be the sun that will lead the british on the coat tails of the yanks into the next illegal war and like it or not your boys will be on the next boat after us. Wake up for gods sake.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Every member who knows what the NOTW is needs to ease off on ridiculing those who do not.

Just because it's a priority for you doesn't mean it's a priority for others.

Some consider alien disclosure, catastrophic comets, economies, Agenda 21, Codex Alimentarius or international wars to be priority.

It's a bit juvenile to expect everyone else to uphold the same priorities as yourself.

That being said, the NOTW issue is big concern for me but then again I'm not ridiculing anyone for whom it is not.

Look beyond yourself. ATS members are not each others enemies lest your a shill of course.

ETA:

On the other hand, I find brills downplaying of the issue to be asinine so I'll additionally motion the reverse of my original sentiment:

If a topic isn't a priority for you, don't ridicule those for who it is by calling them out as "tea sippers".
edit on 19/7/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

The only thing between us and the One World Order are hackers and whistle blowers. heroes all.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by dave0davidson

It's a British tabloid newspaper that has been in print for over 160 years and had, up until recently, millions of regular readers. In the past couple of weeks it has been ALL OVER the British media.

It worries me that people, especially people on ATS, haven't got a clue what News Of The World is or what, in recent weeks, it has come to stand for.

And not being British isn't an excuse.

brill
edit on 19-7-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

Are you Americans all idiots on ATS? This has nothing to do with the quality of the rag and everything to do with a massive and hugely important story that could bring about the end of Rupert Murdochs Empire.

If Fox News were involved in this level of controversy everyone on this website should and would know of it. Regardless of whether they care about a crap network like Fox or not. Regardless of whether they're American or not.

Most educated Americans know all about this story and the News of the World and what it is. Knowing has nothing to do with being British or pompous and everything to do with living in the real world.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Don't assume the world reads this garbage.
edit on 19-7-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

This has NOTHING to do with reading the NOTW.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The attitude of some people in this thread (and others I have seen) is truly shocking.

If you don't think that corruption on a MASSIVE scale, involving government, police and the major media corporations has anything to do with you, then there truly is no hope.

This should bother you regardless of what newspaper it is or what country it is in.

Sad. Very sad.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by generik

especially all the anonymous hacking

You think anonymous is behind all this? to attack all major companies in the world so that they can say "We gonna pull the world wide plug?

That would be something
We'll some of Lulzsec are anon members.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join