It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I tell if this dream is prophetic or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I had a dream several weeks ago that I still remember vividly. Even if I believed it could possibly be a premonition or something I wouldn't know how to distinguish one of those dreams from just a dream-dream. I'm just saying it had "that kind of quality"--a dream that you never forget.

The dream takes place over several weeks, and mostly takes place where I work. At first, the talking heads and news reports start talking about a possible nuclear war between the US and some other country, or maybe involving the whole world.

Anyway, as the dream progresses, people start out laughing about it and making fun of the whole idea. People make jokes about it putting an end to whatever major professional sports season is about to start, etc.

As the dream continues, weeks go by. People start talking about the possible nuclear war more seriously, even causing some people to look into whether or not it could really happen. People start canceling frivolous purchases and start putting away serious supplies. No one is joking anymore.

Finally, in the last scenes of the dream, people are crying (worried), leaving town to be with their relatives across the country, etc. People are heading for the hills. People are standing in line to use the phone where I work (I guess cell phone service is out for some reason), and everyone in the dream is very serious, somber, and no one any longer has a sense of humor. People stop by the store with all their worldly goods strapped to their vehicles. As one of them comes into the store for something he explains that the wife insisted they quit their jobs and "go to be with their loved ones in Florida" in case it's the last time they get to see them.

The dream ends with dread hanging over the whole thing.

Just typing all of that still gives me the chills.

It's probably just a dream right? But how do you tell?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Only time will tell my friend.

Dreams like that can be very unsettling.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Let's hope it isn't a premonition.

How much time do you spend on ATS?

cause a few doom and gloom threads before bed can do you in, friend!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i'm not gona tell.. time will

but seriously tho. how often does it happend to you, that the dreams you have are coherent and lengthy?
edit on 18-7-2011 by lieth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lieth
i'm not gona tell.. time will

but seriously tho. how often does it happend to you, that the dreams you have are coherent and lengthy?
edit on 18-7-2011 by lieth because: (no reason given)

Never. I hardly ever remember my dreams, period. I may remember bits and pieces, but not in detail like this.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Did you eat late or do something out of the normal for yourself? I know the other night in one of my dreams I killed two girls that tried to murder my wife. When I woke up I thought I was in jail for a split second.

Never done anything like that in my life, dreams are sometimes just dreams.

I think that night I ate ice cream super late.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The thing I want to emphasize is that there were things in that dream that I wouldn't think of in real life, like people standing in line to use the phone in this age of cell phones.

I also would not conceive of people leaving town with all their worldly goods to visit relatives across the country because I would not do that.

There are qualities about that dream like a movie script that someone else was writing, and I guess that's the chilling part.

THERE ARE THINGS IN THE DREAM I WOULD NEVER THINK OF.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly
[more

While I was reading your dream my intuition and spirit did not feel that it was just a dream. There was no indication within me that what I was reading was fiction. Not to say that it will be the way you dreamed it, but perhaps more of a warning. I can't explain it in any other way but to say that my sensors read that, as something that may be a reflection of a reality we will soon face. We all feel it coming.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly
People are standing in line to use the phone where I work (I guess cell phone service is out for some reason
I think you experienced a prophecy of the future,during a time when the ever more controlling government passed new world order laws,banned all cell phones,took them away and then allowed us to only use state and government controlled phones that they constantly monitor and record and then world war-3 or perhaps world war-4 was about to begin.Hopefully i'll be dead before all that and other horrible things happen...
edit on 11-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
[more

We all feel it coming.

We all feel it coming,because we all know we are living in a world where atomic power and nuclear weapons are a reality and its been that way for humanity for about 67 years now and the only reason we have not had another world war yet,is because of nuclear weapons...
edit on 11-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

The thing I want to emphasize is that there were things in that dream that I wouldn't think of in real life, like people standing in line to use the phone in this age of cell phones.

I also would not conceive of people leaving town with all their worldly goods to visit relatives across the country because I would not do that.

There are qualities about that dream like a movie script that someone else was writing, and I guess that's the chilling part.

Because, you know, most people have dreams that are sensible and involve totally ordinary things they think about all the time

Calm down and have some dip, OP. Much to your relief (or chagrin?), I can assure you God isn't going all Old Testament on your ass and there's no prophecy to be had here.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

I can assure you God isn't going all Old Testament on your ass and there's no prophecy to be had here.
How do you know god isnt going old testament on him? who told you that? god? and how do you know his dream was not a prophecy? did you realize that during a prophecy?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
[How do you know god isnt going old testament on him? who told you that? god? and how do you know his dream was not a prophecy? did you realize that during a prophecy?

No, I'm just old enough and humble enough to realize dreams are just dreams, and mine aren't even particularly special to me, let alone anyone else.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
when I think of the coming attacks, something that ALWAYS comes to my mind is EMP.

and I honestly couldn't tell you why. maybe I've played too much CoD.
but EMP has always come to my mind when I think of attacks.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Well, such a scenario could take place. That being said, that does not necessarily mean that a nuclear holocaust occurred. Peopel tend to react rashly at even the idea of something "cataclysmic" occurring. Look at what happened with the Y2K thing. Everyone just knew that they were going to lose all of their savings, nuclear warheads were going to go off, et cetera. So, what did a percentage of the people do? They withdrew there money from the bank; they bought supplies; some people even went underground. Did any of the feared things occur? Nope.

Now, this year is very anxiety ridden. I must say, it is proving itself to be anything but just another year so far. There has been some mighty strange things going on, and, admittedy, I'm not even real sure where we are headed. However, I for one am not gonna jump to any stark conclusions. I think your dream may have been prophetic, even if it was only in the sense of the general reaction of people in the given scenario.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I have no way of realistically predicting the outcome of your dream. Normally I would say that I would lack the credentials to even help with premonition but I've had dreams of the future that came to pass before. In fact, most of the time I don't even remember dreaming or occasionally I'll remember some of part of a random dream that doesn't make lots of sense. However, every now and again, maybe once or twice a year I'll have a dream that seems very realistic like it's something that could happen and I remember dreams like these unusually well. When I have dreams like that I've come to realize they are probably prophetic and I'll be seeing what I dreamed later. It's never been about anything particular large or global though. For me those dreams usually end up coming to pass but aren't usually important. On one occasion I did dream I would find my wedding ring and show it to my wife at her work when I found it. I later lost my wedding ring and then later found it while my wife was at work one day and proceeded to go see her on her lunch break which used to be pretty common occurrence for me. The moment I walked into her work I realized that I was walking into the scene I had dreamt. That's usually how I can when it happened too because while I do sometimes remember prophetic dreams far more vividly then other dreams I don't see the events leading up to the situation and often times the situation in which I'm dreaming is also obscure and not well defined by context. The moment I walk into a scenerio I've dreamt though it's almost like my brain is like, "hey, I've seen this before" and then I'll recall the dream I had about the situation. It's a bit like dajavu it's more then just a feeling or at least that's my 2 cents. Like I said, I wish I could be of more help but all I can do is share my experiences with such things.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
In the interest of objectivity, I have to point out that one of the "actors" in the dream no longer works for our company, which would tend to negate the possibility that it's prophetic. (He quit a few weeks after I posted this thread originally).

On the other hand, that "actor" is the boss's nephew and could come back to work for him at some later date.

If he does, that will be a chilling development.
edit on 4/11/12 by Zane Zackerly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Not yet but you may seen something on tv or another source that will have you think about this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Worrying about numerical codes in a computer program and worrying about a nuclear holocaust are very different things...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Not really...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join