It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Flies by at Incredible Speed, July 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My friends and I were visiting Cedar Point, an amusement park in Sandusky, OH and were filming with a 5th generation iPod Nano. We were on the Sky Ride which is a gondola ride that takes you down the midway of the park. I was filming the entire time we rode from one station to the other and happened to reach above the roof of the gondola, turn the camera to the sky, and back into our gondola. As I was pulling the camera back inside I happened to catch something fly across the sky at incredible speed. At the time none of us saw it, which would have been next to impossible at the speed it was going, and only realized we had caught something when reviewing the footage.

The UFO can be seen over six frames for .15 seconds. In the video I slow down the footage and have zoomed stills for each of the six frames. If you compare each frame to the previous frame then you'll see how the tiny movement/directional difference don't follow the objects movement.

Any analysis of the footage would be greatly appreciated. Please leave any analysis videos as a related video response or post them here.

edit on 18-7-2011 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I vote lens flare. Any time you point a lens close to the sun like that, little internal reflections will show up, and their location on the image is very sensitive to angle, so they appear to move fast. I have made "ufo" videos that exploit this effect.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My vote is lens flare as well.

But what do I know? I am a Judgmental Disney Nazi Chicken.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I will do likewise...lens flare!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

I considered it to be a lens flare also, but 13 seconds into the video you can see many lens flares as I point the camera straight up and the object in question looks nothing like them. During those six frames I can't see any lens flares like the ones 13 seconds in. The field of view during those six frames barely changes at all and the the object travels across the entire section of the sky able to be seen.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is by no means an analysis, but I would suggest a lens flare or a nearly translucent bug at close range. Very hard to tell what is, but your going to get a lot of what it "could be"...not much data to work with.

Very small white object against a bright blue sky robs the object of any detail and perspective could be skewed because of this as well.

So yeah, a ufo... *aliens not included

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i don't know how some of you get lens flare....there would be a halo around it and/or light streaks coming from it...also...from the view i saw of it, the camera isn't even pointed near the sun....looks like you have some decent footage, other than a lack of being able to zoom in on the object...is there any way you can email me the footage?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Disagree all you want with a lens flare, but this statement is just ludicrous.

Originally posted by moonweed
looks like you have some decent footage

This is not decent.

Decent
–adjective
1. conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc.
2. respectable; worthy
3. adequate; fair; passable

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i can see how a couple say lens flare, but when i see how it flies through the image while the camera is slightly tilting then it makes a little move while in motion which couldnt happen with a lens flare.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Just because his opinion is different doesn't mean you have to call him "ludacris", or give him a vocabulary lesson. It might be a lens flare. It might not.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Pointing the camera to a light source doesn't create lens flare, lens flare happens when the light enters the camera and shines on the elements of the lens. That light is then reflected and/or refracted into the film/sensor, so a bright area appears in a place where there isn't any light.

It's possible (and common) for lens flare to appear in a photo without any visible light source in the frame.

A clue that it may be lens flare is when we can see something that always points to the light source.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I can't believe it. Lens flare and monumental waste of time.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i just find it odd, whenever someone has video like this, it's always dismissed as lens flare...as for the "decent" footage...from what i could see, it looked a little too oddly shaped to be a jet, or some other type of known aircraft...not to mention it was going way too fast
edit on 2011/7/18 by moonweed because: no reason

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Just because his opinion is different doesn't mean you have to call him "ludacris", or give him a vocabulary lesson. It might be a lens flare. It might not.

His "statement" is ludicrous. Not him. Read it again.

I'm sure he is a "decent" person.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just to throw in my moneys worth, I don't know about this lense flare business. However, if you compare that object to the cloud south by south east of it, the object is definitely moving across the video.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

sorry..i don't need a vocabulary lesson today...and won't need one, anytime soon

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed

sorry..i don't need a vocabulary lesson today...and won't need one, anytime soon

I'm sorry you took it that way.

I wasn't saying you needed one. I was simply noting that putting the definition of "decent" in there was unnecessary.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

His "statement" is ludacrous...

How so?

edit on 18-7-2011 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

I'll upload it to MediaFire where you'll be able to download it. Here's a link to the download- www....(nolink)/?inji00rmb9yx72x

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've watched it 7-8 times now in 1080 full screen and I am going away from lens flare and sticking closer to a bug of some kind or maybe some plant seed like a dandelion seed or the like. There is a couple of arcing red lens flares in the video but not at the point of the little white watchyamacallit buzzes by.

Depth perception is not very good in the video but it seems to be about 20-30 ft from the camera to me, could be wrong though. Its very close proximity to the camera would go a long way to explaining its apparent high speed and short duration in the shot. I have to assume it is close because I don't see it go behind anything other than the frame of the ride he is on. It is certainly "appears"closer to the camera than the clouds are.

Hell, its Cedar Point it could simply be some kind of airborne trash.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join