It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens If the Social Security/Veterans Checks Stop Coming?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I, like many of you, am a news hound, and yes, I know the news media is controlled. That being said, I have been hearing a lot of talk that Social Security is now considered to be only a part of the General Fund, and not a Trust Fund as we were led to believe. This may, or may not be true.

Here is my question to the members: I know there are many of you who collect, and depend on these government checks to survive, and support your family. What will you do if the checks do stop? I know personally WW2 and Viet Nam Veterans who have virtual arsenals hidden away. I know Militia Members who are armed to the teeth. I know many regular people who have hunting rifles, pistols, and bows, and are already peed off at the government anyway. So what will they do?

During the Bush administration I had a vivid dream one night. In the dream people from all over gathered weapons and surrounded Washington Circle, there were a few million people there, and the circle was completely closed off, nothing in, or out. Loud voices were demanding that the President and his staff come out to be arrested. Just then a black helicopter appeared overhead. someone with a bull horn shouted, "helicopter pilot! Do not attempt to land, you will be fired upon!" The helicopter flew quickly away. The dream ended here.

I sincerely hope this thing can be settled peacefully. I think TPTB are probing us, seeing what our response will be. They are poking a sleeping bear, in my considered opinion. What do you think, friend?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Civil war

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Prepare for a SHTF scenario..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Didn't something similar happen right after ww1 when vets camped out in Washington (bonus army). I could be way off but I recall reading about this in 9th grade.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It won't happen, it's political talk for, "the American sheeple are so stupid, they'll believe it could happen." Then the media and all the tools believe that IT'S A BIG DEAL!, just like they believed shutting down the gov. was a big deal a few months ago.. It's not, and, it won't happen.

It's poli talk, for sheep. But,if hell froze over and the impossible happened and they did not send checks then yes I agree, there would be riots tonight. But, it won't.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Civil war
Very true , there are way too many old dudes with guns, who would love to take a shot at a dirty politician .

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've already polished up my looting boots and mapped out the most favorable pillaging route.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the same thing would happen as when the looters went wild in NOLA, same as when teh mexican cartels jumped over the border and took over areas of arizona and texas,

nothing will happen, and the TPTB know this and keep pushing. the american public is too docile. for every one righteous fighter there will be 10 obese lazy do nothing apathetic slobs. The govt will have those who speak out and stand up in FEMA camps so fast they wont even have time to load thier guns.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Could a civil war, in this day and age, be truly affective? I hear a lot of talk about it lately but it seems like we are in such a different place than we were the last time this happened, 150 years ago. Now it feels as though men with guns would be such a small match against a government with a drone army and a $750 million annual defense budget.

It just seems as though this government which we currently have, would show no remorse or hesitance towards dropping a few bombs on an unruly and "dangerous" crowd attempting to infiltrate its walls.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They will raise the Debt ceiling for 2reasons.
1.It would be political suicide for any crook-a-tician on office to let it happen while during there elected term.2 A matter of pride we all know the country is broke but its like the crazy uncle that is in the mental hospital its ok to talk about as long as you dont see him he is not a problem

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The taxpayer needs to step it up or shut up. Your gov't spends billions of dollars to other countries just to have a base put there. This plan is for YOUR security, ok and by the way UN has been doing a great job of this and they deserve another 4 to 5 billion. Your gov't is the best in the world and is doing the finest job to HELP you out. Hell, the gov't spends billions of dollars helping out other countries and giving arms to if nesessary. You taxpayer needs to help, the social security is a fund that can do this. HELP your country USA, WE need the money to help protect you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What will happen????? Imagine your Granny and/or Grampy not being able to get their medicine. Imagine the poor widow who will starve to death because Obama AND the Republicans AND the Democrats are trying to play russian roulette with our senoir citizens and disabled. They wanna cut the budget. Fine. Start with their selves first. Then the military, then corporate and farm subsidies. Strip out any grants or funding for special projects, layoff 30% of gov workers. Stop giving foreign aid until we get ourselves out of debt first. Cut the funding for DOD, FBI, IRS, NSA,Homeland Security, TSA and any other alphabet agency. ARRRGHHHHH!!!!! These politicians are severely incompetent!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
nothing will happen the american public is too pacified and perhaps thats a good thing.

if people go around shooting other people simply because they arent getting a monthly check that says something about a fundamental lack of character.

sure people are upset at the government but they should be upset with themselves for becoming dependent upon someone else as in the govenment.

when you give power over yourself to other people its a bed you have made for yourself and have no one to blame but yourselves.

if a person truly beleives in freedom and independence there will never be a day that they depend on anyone or anything but themselves.

people have their whole lives to prepare for their golden years and retirement but all of those people simply give that right up to that so called safety net called social security.

not so much a safety net when the government and the political party in power kick you to the curb for their own parties power.

everyone will blame the government when you should be blaming yourselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ahh, Obama's nonsense again. He's just inciting people to riot. What a great leader. It won't happen. There is plenty of money coming into the SS trust fund every month to pay for the checks that need to be written. Is the fund "in trouble"? Sure, but the break even isn't for a few years yet and could be fixed any number of ways. Did you know theoriginal deduction for SS was 1/2 of 1%? Now it's about 7.5%.

And you guys are talking civil war and revolution. I can see it now. All the old geezers hobbling to DC with their single shot 10/22's demanding their social security checks. And all this because the government won't give you your dole? So take down the government, then you won't have a government to give you you're dole anymore. That's the level of thinking we're faced with these days. We should not have become dependent on government in the first place.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I like your way of thinking. MORE TAX, great job. You seem to be a friend of mine.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's all scare tactics to get stuff passed that shouldn't be passed.

That being said..... My mother lives on social security and would have -0- income if her checks stopped.
If that WAS to happen she would move in with my family and be taken care of as she should be.

Hardship? yes.

End of the world? no.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

It happened first in 1781 and the Federal Army was able to disperse them because Washington D.C. as a Federal district is exempt from the Posse Comitatus Act. You're thinking of the Spanish War veterans and WWI veterans known as the Bonus Army which objected to their bonuses not being forwarded. These bonuses were the difference between the pay of military service and what they would have recieved in their civilian occupations. Their protests were dissolved in 1932 by McArthur and Patton.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Ahh, Obama's nonsense again. He's just inciting people to riot. What a great leader. It won't happen. There is plenty of money coming into the SS trust fund every month to pay for the checks that need to be written. Is the fund "in trouble"? Sure, but the break even isn't for a few years yet and could be fixed any number of ways. Did you know theoriginal deduction for SS was 1/2 of 1%? Now it's about 7.5%.

And you guys are talking civil war and revolution. I can see it now. All the old geezers hobbling to DC with their single shot 10/22's demanding their social security checks. And all this because the government won't give you your dole? So take down the government, then you won't have a government to give you you're dole anymore. That's the level of thinking we're faced with these days. We should not have become dependent on government in the first place.

If you bought a house worth 100,000 and paid to insure and it burns down, would you expect the insurance to cover it? That is exactly what Social Security is. It is an insurance that people have paid for their whole working lives. It is not an entitlement, just like homeowners insurance is not an entitlement. Your home/car/life insurance works the exact same way. Most everyone pays into it all their lives and then draws on it when something bad happens. Food Stamps, WIC, are entitlements and should be cut to only those truly in dire straights.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
...what will happen is that elderly and ill people wont be able to buy their meds, groceries, pay their utilities / rent / mortgage... without meds - some will become very sick - some will die - some will become a risk to themselves and anyone around them... without food - they'll slowly starve to death... with the heat index being as high as it is, without power many could die from heat stroke... many could be kicked out of their nursing homes...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

WOW, willing to sacrifice grandmother, her social security check, her land and her home. YOU SIR , are a fine PATRIOT for the cause of getting US out of the american debt. WHO else out there wants to do the same? With this attitude the gov't should pay more countries overseas for more bases to protect you. GREAT JOB CITIZEN. Now go outside and take a huge deep breath of air and put on a big smile for your country.

<<   2  3 >>

join