It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would 9/11, and the violent, paranoid world we now live in, have come about if Al Gore had become Pr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know this is an impossible question to answer, and that we have to deal with the here and now. Just the same, I�m still curious about what your �best guess� would be, based upon what you now know about both George Bush and Al Gore.

If you�ve stumbled upon any posts I�ve made on this board regarding George Bush and the current administration, then you already know where I stand. As strongly as I feel, though, I still find myself asking at times the �Would 9/11.. have come about �� question.

My point of view is largely driven by gut instinct. Not being a student of political science, my knowledge of historical fact/detail and the nuances of political protocol and strategy may be somewhat lacking. My degree was in Math, not Political Science. None the less, I still think I know a loser when I see one, and can recognize a real, as opposed to a fabricated, threat when it presents itself.

The world we live in today is quite different from the one I grew up in. It seems to me we�ve taken a turn in the wrong direction, and it concerns me. So, to put it in other words, �Was 9/11, and the subsequent course our nation has taken over the past 4 years, inevitable even if someone other than George Bush had occupied the office of President�?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
�Was 9/11, and the subsequent course our nation has taken over the past 4 years, inevitable even if someone other than George Bush had occupied the office of President�?

Read this. I can't say conclusively that the attack of 9/11 would have happened if Al Gore had been elected President, but al Queada's war against the US began years ago. For myself, I'm just glad that George Bush was President on 9/11/2001 and I'm pretty sure Al Gore is, too.

[edit on 04/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think 911 would not have happened, Gore was aware of how dangerous OBL had become and would have been more focused on what he was up too, the Bush administration was arrogant when they came into office and totally ignored what they were told by the Clinton staff leaving office. Bush was also focused on getting an oil deal through and basically put most of his energy into that what time he was not on vacation. I also feel that even if this had happened with Gore in office he would have handled it better than Bush and we would not be in the middle of a war with Iraq which had nothing to do with 911.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I also feel that even if this had happened with Gore in office he would have handled it better than Bush....

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't think Gore would have been able to prevent 9/11 any more than Bush would have. But, I think that Gore would have been able to keep the international goodwill and support we had and use it to america's benefit. Also, Gore may have invaded Afghanistan, but I don't think we'd be in Iraq right now.

It's all too easy to play 'what if' though.

-koji K.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I believe if Gore were president that he would have just given some speech about how sad 9-11 was and then fired a few missles at Afghanistan like Clinton did when he worked with Clinton. Gas prices probably would be a whole lot higher due to a very high gas tax imposed by Gore. Afterall Gore wrote in his book that he wanted to do away with the internal combustion engine.

We would not be in a war with Iraq if Gore had been president. Sanctions would have been dropped against Iraq and Sadam Hussein would be free to build up his military and nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons he had abandoned or mothballed or hid among his neigbors. Thousands of Iraqis would continue to be tortured by Sadam Hussein's sons but we wouldn't care in the West. Just my opinion. I can't prove any of this so it's all speculation. Perhaps by 2012, Sadam Hussein could have been a real King of Terror and ruled the oil fields but now we'll never know. I was happy to see Sadam Hussein defeated. It's the plan afterwards that I have been wondering about.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I think 911 would not have happened, Gore was aware of how dangerous OBL had become and would have been more focused on what he was up too, the Bush administration was arrogant when they came into office and totally ignored what they were told by the Clinton staff leaving office. Bush was also focused on getting an oil deal through and basically put most of his energy into that what time he was not on vacation. I also feel that even if this had happened with Gore in office he would have handled it better than Bush and we would not be in the middle of a war with Iraq which had nothing to do with 911.

Are you kidding me? First off, OBL would not have just stopped the attack because Gore was in office. You say Gore was aware of how dangerous OBL and that the Bush administration ignored what Clinton told them. If I'm not mistaken, the Clinton administration sent a couple of cruise missles to take down this menace you speek of.

I'm not taking sides, I think the US in general (Republicans and Democrats) have presented a road map that has pushed us down this road of terrorism.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

Are you kidding me? First off, OBL would not have just stopped the attack because Gore was in office. You say Gore was aware of how dangerous OBL and that the Bush administration ignored what Clinton told them. If I'm not mistaken, the Clinton administration sent a couple of cruise missles to take down this menace you speek of.

I'm not taking sides, I think the US in general (Republicans and Democrats) have presented a road map that has pushed us down this road of terrorism.

I saw Clinton on Larry King Live say that while he was in office they tried to have OBL killed several times. Look at Bush he has declared a full fledged war (the one in Afghanistan) to get OBL and still hasn't gotten him. Gore was aware of how dangerous OBL was and would have at least read that memo that said intelligence reports possibility that Bin Laden could strike at the US using hi-jacked planes. Bush was on vacation when he got the memo. Whether he read or not is not clear but one thing is, security was not stepped up at our airports.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you are a Banker that sets the rate of intrest you can do what you will and make it law. They nocked down the World Trade Center for this reason. America is just a hired gun for the people who the terrorist are fighting against. Isreal is playing those fools and us and people are making a lot of money in the game. When you kill the enemy you have chosen, they are just as guilty as anyone. All Nations have drank from the same cup. That is biblical. So do not fool yourself into thinking you are on the side of God. The only time you may be found justified in an offensive measure, is by you ignorance. Defending you buddy in the fox hole is another but, only because you are there. Keep your soul soldiers but, do not think to have glory in the arm of man. Shoot to kill but, do not count on winning a Global War. This is the final wars beginning. We are just pawns. Terrorist are assholes. Globalists are crazy fools. There was a better way than war as a peaceful tool. We have failed to do the right thing as Americans and the hope of the world. We did not keep our Republic clean from the scum of this earth. We gave them weapons or they took them from us. We were asleep, hard at work paying mad men with our devalued labor. The damb Commies did a job on us. Just look at your income tax, paycheck and childrens debt.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
OF COURSE 9/11 would have happened with Gore in office. Heck,
the first WTC bombing happened with Clinton in office. So did MANY
hits against US interests in the Middle East.

How the world would be different today if Al Gore had been president
instead of Bush .... most Americans would be dead because we would
refuse to convert to Wahabbi, and thus we'd be killed as infidels. The
terrorists would have run over us like a steam roller with Al Gore in charge.

BTW - I agree with the previous poster - I'm also very sure that Al Gore
is VERY glad that he isn't president right now. I bet on 9/11 he said his
first prayer in years 'Thank you GOD, that I'm not president'. No doubt.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I dont know whether or not gore would have been able to stop 911, at the time gore seemed like more of a talker than a doer though, atleast in my eyes, which would leave me to believe that if it did happen that he would have not gone to war with afghanistan, leaving the taliban in control, leaving them to continue to safely harbor terrorists. Bush did go to war with afghanistan, and through US might has atleast made it so that terrorists arent safe to do as they will there. I believe we were in the right to go to war, both with afghanistan and Iraq, we will probably be in both countries for quite some time, as we completely destroyed their governing bodies. Im not a big fan of all these "hippies" protesting Bush about all of this, and Im REALLY not a big fan of people protesting GIs, please dont call us baby killers or war mongers, (and whatever you do, dont assault soldiers or marines, it isnt what I would call smart, as they are trained to kill) we just do our jobs that the president and our higher ups tell us to do, and he just does what he can to make our country as good as it can be.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by netbound
�Was 9/11, and the subsequent course our nation has taken over the past 4 years, inevitable even if someone other than George Bush had occupied the office of President�?

Read this. I can't say conclusively that the attack of 9/11 would have happened if Al Gore had been elected President, but al Queada's war against the US began years ago. For myself, I'm just glad that George Bush was President on 9/11/2001 and I'm pretty sure Al Gore is, too.

thank you for the good read- i found it very informative- but in a simple way ( i am sick of reading through pages of writing)

I think 9/11 would have happend no matter who was president- i somethings going to happen it happens... if you know what i mean.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
No. This particular assault on our soil was Bushe's bouncing babyboy.

Now, for the sake of argument, lets say that the "attack" on 9/11 was real.
It was meant for Bush and the Bush legacy. If Al Gore had become president as the nation had voted, my guess is that 9/11 would not have taken place.

Bush dad, and Bush son are hated world wide, and to no surprise. Dont tell me because he has cojones either. They're hated for their evil and murdering tactics, as we can plainly see today. The fact that the puppet moron is being worked by un-desirables in Washington, the fact that they're putting $$$$ in their pockets as a result of killing our soldiers, the fact they ordered to abuse Iraqui's, and not just adults in prisons, BUT ALSO YOUNG MALE CHILDREN, blowing up their own people for the "show of it"- for fear-mongering, etc, etc, etc, that would come later- and the world just aint gonna put up with their tactics.

So, now we wait for the next elections. Ha! Let us hope we're able to have elections- I still say this government is only willing to step down kicking and screaming....Which means that another "terror" alert followed by attacks WILL happen in the US just in time for the elections to be "postponed" conveniently and then lets call a police state. sure, yea, why not? This way they get to stay.

Every president past is rolling in their graves watching this....And the lies get more and more obvious everyday....And to think there still are some morons out there- like the ones here- who respond by laughing at these truthful posts, and totally think this point of view is insane.

Allow ME to laugh at you.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Some very interesting/enlightening responses here.

It�s true the WTC had been targeted before, under a different administration. Also, considering the symbolism it evokes as the seat of American capitalism and elitism, and the profound effect it would surely have on the American psyche and economy should it be decimated, it could be the WTC was an irresistable target no matter who was in office. If I were a terrorist, it would be a difficult target to ignore. So, let�s say the WTC was �destined� to come down.

Now, in the aftermath, what should we, the USA, do to avenge the senseless slaughter of 3,000 innocent people? Which of the following actions should we take?

a) focus on the forces responsible for planning and carrying out the atrocity, and take an eye for an eye.
b) seek support from the rest of the world to carry out a), above, as it will entail certain actions within their borders.
c) pick a country that really had nothing to do with it, bomb the hell out of it, kill innocent people, and setup a puppet government that salutes Old Glory simply because we despise it�s leader and want it�s oil.
d) ignore the advice given by the rest of the civilized world in order to carry out c), above.
e) put on the backburner choices a) and b) in order to carry out c) and d), while allowing those responsible for the original act of war against us to have plenty of time to wreak more havoc and to come up with an even more diabolical plan to destroy our culture and economic system.

The above is multiple choice. What would a responsible leader, exercizing sound judgement and in good faith do?

In the name of justice, and to preserve a safe, healthy and FREE world for us all to live in, which of the above choices make the most sense?

My choices are a) and b). To my dismay, our current leader made other choices. I think we now live in a state of constant fear, under a much greater threat than before 9/11. I believe this is because our leader is a divisive individual who has alienated us from the rest of the world, is driving our economy into ruin due to all the money and resources devoted to rebuilding a country we just destroyed, is stripping us more and more each day of the freedoms we once enjoyed, and, if not stopped, will eventually bring our nation down to a second class status in bankruptcy and shame. A sad legacy to a once great nation.

I�m not convinced that all that has happened since 9/11 was unpreventable. I think it could have been handled much differently and that we would be in a far better position now had some good, sound judgement been used.

That�s my personal (gut) opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think it would have come about because i believe the government is run by a higher power so it doesn't make a difference who was presisdent.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
No. This particular assault on our soil was Bushe's bouncing babyboy.

Really care to explain how that is? I thought this was the work of Islamic terrorists.

Now, for the sake of argument, lets say that the "attack" on 9/11 was real.

Well looked pretty real to me. Granted I was watching on TV, but there sure are a lot of eyewitnesses.

It was meant for Bush and the Bush legacy. If Al Gore had become president as the nation had voted, my guess is that 9/11 would not have taken place.

Interesting point. No these terrorists had been here training and planning for some time. So I guess you are saying that if Gore had won, they would have said "Well, guess we don't need to attack now, we love Gore." and packed up and went home.

Bush dad, and Bush son are hated world wide, and to no surprise. Dont tell me because he has cojones either.

They're hated for their evil and murdering tactics, as we can plainly see today. The fact that the puppet moron is being worked by un-desirables in Washington, the fact that they're putting $$$$ in their pockets as a result of killing our soldiers, the fact they ordered to abuse Iraqui's, and not just adults in prisons, BUT ALSO YOUNG MALE CHILDREN, blowing up their own people for the "show of it"- for fear-mongering, etc, etc, etc, that would come later- and the world just aint gonna put up with their tactics.

Evil and murdering tactics? Which are what? Puppet moron? That's really good. So who's pulling the strings? The NWO, illuminati? No, the actions of the president are what he feels to be necessary to protect this country.

The rest of the garbage in this section of your post is conjecture at best, outright lies at worse.

So, now we wait for the next elections. Ha! Let us hope we're able to have elections- I still say this government is only willing to step down kicking and screaming....Which means that another "terror" alert followed by attacks WILL happen in the US just in time for the elections to be "postponed" conveniently and then lets call a police state. sure, yea, why not? This way they get to stay.

We will all vote - just as always - and Bush will win. So never fear you'll be able to complain another 4 years.

Every president past is rolling in their graves watching this....And the lies get more and more obvious everyday....And to think there still are some morons out there- like the ones here- who respond by laughing at these truthful posts, and totally think this point of view is insane.

Be very careful about who you call morons - I'm sure others have had similar thoughts when reading your posts.

Allow ME to laugh at you.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You know what I mean. Its all over ATS, not just my opinion, but the majority.

Let ME voice my opinion. Last time I checked we still had the liberty to do this. My post is in response to the thread. YOU are welcome to your opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I do apologize for saying "you morons". I got carried away and I didnt mean to insult anyone here. I get caught up in the heat of the thing.

Again, my apologies for that statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
To give an honest opinionated answer to your question, what you see today is what you would have seen under Al Gore also. Our real leaders are not governed by the President, in fact it is more likely the other way around.
Of course there is the mounting belief that Al Gore by all rights, should have been our president today. But then that's not to say that things would have been any different.

When I see a President stand in front of people, (other than press), and take questions off the cuff, I will begin to believe that the puppet priciple has subsided. Otherwise, the focus is elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thagor
Of course there is the mounting belief that Al Gore by all rights, should have been our president today. But then that's not to say that things would have been any different.

The courts have ruled and independent auditors have confirmed that the election in Florida went to the correct candidate. The popular vote went to Al Gore, but the President of the United States has never been elected by popular vote. The President is elected by the electoral college. I wish people would understand this. In all my life, I have only voted for two winners--Bill Clinton and George W. Bush--and not once have I ever screamed bloody murder.

If Al Gore had been elected, things would be different, but not necessarily substantively so with regard to the war. Certainly a certain segment of the US population, Germany and France would be resisting the US effort to defend itself.

[edit on 04/8/14 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join