It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone from Cali been to Vegas lately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Right at the Cali Nevada line is primm however a few miles before that on the California side there is the primm valley golf course .... Off in the distance between the moutain range and the golf course there is a huge compound being built ..... There are millitary type tents (however some civilian agencies use these as well for construction) what I found odd is guessing somewhere between 50 to 100 acres of open desert is fenced in with barb wire on top ( too far to see which way it was facing ) it's all brand new too and what come across to me as even more odd is when I look at any type of satelite imagery ie google earth, google maps , or whatever program is on my iPhone it dosent show up at all , anyone know what this is ??? I couldn't get pics as I was driving but it can be seen right off the 15 I'm going back out there in a few weeks I'll be taking my spotting scope and will get pics unless any else already knows what it is

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gottruth85

My guess is, it might be a car yard thing. They usually put tents/canopies up, with fences and barbed wire around them. They put new cars in there.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interested to see what sort of answers you get...very interested.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I was just down 15 myself a few weeks ago and had seen what you are talking about. I'm not sure what it may be although I'd guess it may become another facility to Nevada's prison system. They like building them within sight of interstates and in the middle of nowhere...within reason. They already have a state prison neaby, so it makes sense. Just my thinking....

Nevada was about 80% Federal Land the last time I checked though so if it were something sensitive, they have a whole state to build it where the entire population moving between Vegas and Los Angeles every weekend can't see it. It's probably not half as interesting as it looks.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hmm didn't think about that , but you'd think the barb wire fence would be one of that last things built ?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Also , it's not on the Nevada side it's before primm it's still in Cali the state line is right at primm

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

It's not paved at all , I highly doubt they would put brand new cars in the middle of nowhere in the desert , any one have any ideas why it wouldn't show up on google earth ?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It is a solar plant under construction

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogturkey007
It is a solar plant under construction

You are correct! Electricians from my local in Las Vegas are working on it. It's being built to expand operations at the Molycorp Rare Earth Elements mining operation... in response to China's choke hold on R.E.E.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gottruth85

As others have already noted it is a solar energy plant being constructed. It will cover 9 square miles of land.

The fence with barbwire is to keep the "rifraft" from stealing the components for scrap.

Google maps/Earth are old photos all sticked together.It is nowhere near real time.

The company does attempt to up date the aerial photos as they become available.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I took a train ride across the country last year....from Cali to Jersey and back, and on the way back from Jersey, there was a correctional facility, in the middle of nowhere. It struck me as weird because it was BRAND NEW and NO ONE was there. The funny thing was that one of the conductors actually made an announcement about it..but unfortunately i can't remember the name of it. I think another passenger had asked, so he made the announcement on the p.a. system. I can't even remember what state it was in...but it was somewhere in the mid-west. Out in no man's land...where only the railway could reach it. BTW...i took Amtrak because i refused to fly!

top topics

join