It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some say you can't die in a dream and live. I think I proved that is not true.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have heard it said that you never die in your dreams and if you do that you will not wake up.

Well either that is not true or I am still dreaming or don’t realize that I am dead.

I dreamt the night before last that I died.

I don’t know how I died and I did not seem to be concerned about how I died.

My first memory is of seeing my coffin. I thought that my coffin looked odd. It was white and seemed to be made out of Styrofoam or concrete. I tried to follow the coffin because I was intrigued and I wanted to know what they were going to do with my body.

I was in what looked like a dark tunnel and the only thing visible to me was the coffin and it appeared to be floating. I could hear a voice in my mind telling me to “leave it!”. I could hear someone saying “Stop following that shell and be done with it!” I remember saying, again, in my mind, not out loud; “I want to see what they are going to do with it.”

Shortly after this I felt as if someone had hit me with a tazer. I remember thinking, I am being electrocuted. My entire body was convulsing and I realized that I was disintegrating. I was dissolving into a thousand, no a million tiny beads of different colored lights. I remember thinking, “it is true.” “I am really dead.”

I awakened with a jolt. My whole body shook so hard that it slammed my headboard against the wall. I could still feel my whole body tingling with the aftershock.

I wanted to see if I would repeat the dream last night but I didn’t. Last night I had a weird dream that it had rained for a very long time. So long that almost all the trees had died and the branches were just falling off into large piles all around the trees. I was standing in front of my house looking at hundreds of black dead trees and a mound of what looked like from a distance, to be a couple of dead deer.

Just when I was beginning to feel depressed I saw that some of the trees had a vine climbing the dead trunks and branches that was covered in beautiful yellow flowers. The more attention I paid to the details I could see new life spring up among the dead leaves on the ground and tiny sprigs of beautiful flowers here and there. I turned to go back into my house but I couldn’t see my house. It wasn’t there any more.

I started walking. I had no destination in mind. I was just walking. I didn’t see anything or anyone for what seemed a long time except a gas station that looked new but was completely destroyed. The gas pumps were even gone, only a portion of the small, empty store remained. I stopped for a brief time to see if I could find traces that other people had been by, but I didn’t see anything that made me think anyone had been there. I remember thinking that it didn’t make any difference if I stayed or it I kept walking, so I started walking, again with no place in mind.

I don’t know how long I walked but I stopped because I could see in the distance a huge tree with many long branches. It looked like the tree was absorbing the sun and reflecting the light in all directions. It seemed the closer I got to the tree the more uplifted I felt until I felt as it my heart was bursting with joy. When I got to the tree I could not do anything but look on it with absolute amazement. The tree was completely covered in the vines with the yellow flowers. The flowers covered the trunk and all the branches. I felt such peace and happiness and joy that my heart felt as if it was going to burst wide open and it snatched me awake.

I awakened feeling completely drained. I could barely lift my arms or turn over. Even when I was able to sit on the side of the bed it was with some effort that I was able to walk. It took about a good fifteen minutes before I felt normal again.

I sure hope that when I go to bed tonight that I don’t dream, and if I do that I don’t remember it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"I sure hope that when I go to bed tonight that I don’t dream, and if I do that I don’t remember it."
I wish I could trade places with you! I hate not being able to remember my dreams. Your dreams sound pretty vivid and cool. I dont know what they mean, but they are pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Wow, very interesting indeed. I often dont remember my dreams, and if i do, i generally only remember around a minute at the most in "dream time".

Sometimes i wonder...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Who says you can't die and live in a dream? This isn't NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET....lol. Sometimes dreams are just dreams.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinSee

I guess you are too young to have sat around making sure you were seen and not heard.

This is just one of the many things that I have had the opportunity of overhearing over the years.

Not all of them true but most of them memorable.

link   

erm..it's a known fact you cannot actually die from a dream even if you were killed in the dream, I've had it happen plenty of times.

link   
If it were true that if you died in a dream you would not wake up....who was able to verify this and bring this information to light? Doesn't make much sense.

link   

I've died several times in my dreams. Not once or twice.. but like countless times. Haha, I've always known that dying in a dream was rare. You and my mother are the only other ones I've seen say they've died in a dream.

Maybe it is true, maybe we are dead. If so... the after life sucks SO BAD.

I've been meaning to look up what it means for a while so I'm glad you made this thread, I found this:

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.

It is important to recognize that all death in a dream represents change. If people are dying in your dream then it represents aspects of Self that have changed. When you die in a dream it shows that you have undergone a change or transformation of Self. If someone is trying to kill you in a dream and you do not want to be killed, then you feel like change is being forced upon you.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
@ NightSkyeB4Dawn

Whats that garbage supposed to mean? You know if you fall asleep with your hand past the bed, Satan is supposed to pull you into hell.
edit on 18-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or your life. You are undergoing a transitional phase and are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Although such a dream may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm as it is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something. On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation. You are desperately trying to escape from the demands of your daily life.

Link

I had a dream a few weeks ago that I died. There was a huge black hole in the sky and then suddenly, the whole sky flashed bright white and I closed my eyes and thought "ahhhhh.....here we goooo....
" and then I woke up with an almighty jolt! I'm still alive, (I think). That interpretation makes a lot of sense to me ^^ - does it relate with you in any way?
edit on 18-7-2011 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What if you were dreaming about puppy dogs and butterflies, while you were having a heart attack. Would it save your life?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
For those of you new to the saying, "If you die in your dream you will never wake up."

Welcome to another saying from the chapters of "The Old Wives’ Tales."

I guess that why some call them old wives’ tales instead of old wise tales, since more were untrue then not.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Thanks for the link. I feel no particular relationship to either translation but I have to admit that I am a bit more enlighten after a visit to ATS.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I have jumped from tall places and hit the bottom before in my dreams, but I don't remember dying in those dreams, just a feeling of annoyance that I didn't make it into flight.

I like the flying dreams and I guess even my dream self likes flying or I wouldn't feel so annoyed in my dreams when I don't make on the first leap.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Iv heard a few things that your not able to do in dreams which iv done Like reading. I think maybe its the other way around with this urban legend. If you die in your sleep you'll die in your dream.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.

I have died heaps over the yearsin my dreams. always vivid always scary, always weired.

I have died in some pretty strange ways. last time I was shot. I have ridden horses over cliffs , been hit by cars, shot with arrows, stabbed numerous times. decapitated.

I was even in an aluminium boat riding a raging rapid of molten lava and the boat melted.

I have been electrocuted, drowned whilst swimming and drowned driving a car off a bridge.
I have also been hit by a train

I can not recall being poisened. I find this pretty interesting.
I usually wake up with a jolt. The only pain I have ever felt was getting shot.

I dream in full color for all dreams and I even have had dreams where I pick them back up where the left off for a few nights in a row.

hope this helps

edit on 18-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I fell from a 20 story building in a dream and I remember on the way down watching a red sports car zooming right to where I was gonna hit, when I hit the ground I was hit by the car and splattered across the street.....it woke me up, but I remember also thinking "well, I guess I am gonna find out if it is true" as I had heard many years ago that if you die in a dream, you die. Glad to say it is not true, although I haven't died in a dream since.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I have heard it said that you never die in your dreams and if you do that you will not wake up.

i have heard it said to, but it should be obvious to people. how would we even know? if it were true then everybody who died whilst dreaming of dieing are dead, how could they pass on the message or their experience if they are dead, so that we (those still here) would know about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I died in a dream and I'm still here.

I had a dream I fell into the box compactor outside my work at the time. I knew I was going to die and came to terms with it as I was being crushed. The moment I died I woke up.

I looked it up in a dream dictionary and believe it or not trash compactor was in there. The symbolism in my dream had huge relevance to my life at the time and I took that as a sign and dealt with it...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I hope this is not the start of a whole new level of dreaming.

Your dreams of dying sound really exciting but a little more exciting then I wish for while sleeping.

I don't remember dying at all. My dream doesn't start until they are carrying out my coffin.

If the coffin had not been so strange looking in my dream maybe it would have taken a different turn.

As it is, the dream didn't last very long. It seemed very brief. But the ending was quit shocking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join