It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this happen if Ron Paul got elected?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

First, he may not be a full-blown isolationist, but he does agree that we need to bring our troops home, to stop fighting these wars and policing the world like it is our job, and to come home and worry about the things that are happening in our country and not others. He may not be an isolationist, but it does sound a lot more like one than any other politician I have heard in years.

Second, yes anything can happen in this world. What an awesome statement, and your'e right it is out of my control and no one can predict every possible scenario and prevent it (though I never said otherwise). Also, I am not fear mongering. I did not make this thread to have people freak out or get scared. It was as I stated many times now a thought that came to me of a possibility that could happen and I thought I would share it with this community. One that is open to such thoughts and ideas everyday. Didn't your mother tell you if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything. If that was all you intended to share to this thread you should not have wasted youre time and mine in saying anything. In fact I can't believe I wasted this time and responded.

Well that is all I will waste time wise on this response. Have a good one.

reply to post by therealdemoboy

That is a good point and one that kind of goes with my possibility I raise. Even if he's not their chosen one, if he got elected, whose to say they would not still use him for their agenda, and do something such as you mention.

In the end I too will vote for him, unless someone comes along that I feel is better than him, though I highly doubt that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Seems like I was promised "change" once before, and now all I have in the bank and my pocket is just that. Hopefully the next one that we vote for that promises change we will ask exactly what that means.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

Haha

Exactly! It's a lot easier said then done.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

If a politicians mouth is moving, they're lying

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

Haha, always loved that one. Here are a couple quotes about politicians that I like (5 of many). Hope you enjoy!

"We've got to clear some of the room out of the prisons so we can put the bad guys in there, like the pedophiles and the politicians." - Kinky Friedman

"What generally happens in this county is that our politicians don't serve us well because they don't tell the truth, and they don't keep their promises." - Peter Garrett

"What this country needs is more unemployed politicians." - Angela Davis

"Wherever you turn, there is always something wrong with the politicians. They have everything they need to save the world, and they don't save it." - Nana Mouskouri

"With attention deficit democracy, I am trying to wake up people to how the combination of mass ignorance, fear mongering by the government, and lying politicians is putting our entire system of government to a death spiral." -
James Bovard

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Good ones

top topics

<< 1   >>

join