It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this happen if Ron Paul got elected?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This just a possibility that I thought of. The thread title is a question and I am not stating that he is indeed the Elite's candidate. I am just throwing out there the thought of what if he was, why, and what would happen. Read the rest and I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Right now I am a supporter of Ron Paul and love everything that he stands for. I hope he does win the 2012 election, becoming President, and that he makes the changes that he says he will. I believe that the changes that he does stand for will do a lot of good and are extremely necessary for our country in all phases.

Although a part of me is a little worried. It has been said and shown that the elite cause problems to create their own solutions, to then create more problem, to then create more of their own solutions, etc. In a never ending circle that allows them to keep control, power, and their wealth (and make more of it). It is also said that whoever wins the election is the candidate that they want to win. For me I believe this as we saw with Bush and
the miscounts, and how I believe they used the media in getting Obama elected.

So what if they have created the problems currently happening in Obama's presidency, to give momentum to a radically different candidate, such as Ron Paul. What if they want him to get elected?

What if they wanted Ron Paul to become President, bring more troops home, start leaving the wars, and become more isolationists, and worry more about the problems that are happening in this country. Not that those are bad things, I personally wish our country were more like this. However what if they want all this to happen, so they could organize another strategic attack bigger than 9/11 on America, that would destroy what Ron Paul had accomplished.

This in turn would discredit those who believed in Ron Paul and anyone in the future that would be a politician who also thought this way. Ron Paul would then lose the next election, and the elite would get a President elected that would become more like a dictator. They would then be able to change everything Paul did back around, have more control over the people of America (more fear, more watching the people's movement, less freedom for freedom, more censorship, less rights), take the military everywhere in the world having way more wars then there was during Obama's presidency (possibly for global domination in the name of good even though it would be evil), and there would never be a way to stop them at this point, as they would have made more people into sheeple. Crushing those pushing and starting a revolution, and making them look to the sheeple as crazy people who do not support our country and troops, that they are on the wrong side, and need to be dealt with. If this were to all happen it would be even more of a scarier country to live in then some of us feel we live in now.

This is just a thought that occurred to me last night. Not that Ron Paul will get elected (though right now I am routing for him) or that even if he did get elected that any of this would happen. I just thought it could be a possibility, a scary one at that, and one I thought I would share with the ATS community and get your thoughts/feedback on the possibility of these events happening.

edit on 7/18/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

So what if they have created the problems currently happening in Obama's presidency, to give momentum to a radically different candidate, such as Ron Paul. What if they want him to get elected?

You can't live life or base decisions on scenarios that are applicable to every single election we've ever had. It's like the people who discredit Anonymous, Wikileaks, Dr. Paul, or any other entity that seems to be the genuine article of change... precisely because they seem like the genuine article.

If you seriously go down that road, you'll go insane. If things that are obviously not genuine are not genuine and things that are obviously genuine are still not genuine, then I think we've all lost. You need to place some hope and trust somewhere.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
More like:

Ron Paul, the candidate that never was.

He's never going to get elected, and serves as a distraction.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

You can't live life or base decisions on scenarios that are applicable to every single election we've ever had. It's like the people who discredit Anonymous, Wikileaks, Dr. Paul, or any other entity that seems to be the genuine article of change... precisely because they seem like the genuine article.

If you seriously go down that road, you'll go insane. If things that are obviously not genuine are not genuine and things that are obviously genuine are still not genuine, then I think we've all lost. You need to place some hope and trust somewhere.

I think you've misunderstood me. I do have hope in Ron Paul and believe he is the only candidate out there that can actually make some real positive change if elected. I am just throwing the possibility out there that he is being used like past presidents and that it may all be in vain.

Obviously one has to have hope and I do, but one also has to be realistic and look at the possibilities that may arise. Some things out there are too good to be true. (Like Obama and his preaching of change and what most people thought would happen after he got elected and what actually has happened.)

In the end as I said in the OP, it is just a possibility/thought, not that I believe it will happen. It is simply just a possibility I am throwing out there.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

I know, I have those thoughts raise up too but squash them. It's like thought of "did I leave the stove on?" or "what did she really mean when she said I look like a rapist?" or "is that guy with his blinker on really going to turn or will he run into me if I pull out in traffic?"

My point is that you sometimes have to just squelch thoughts like that. Especially when there isn't really an answer that would satisfy. You see what I mean?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
More like:

Ron Paul, the candidate that never was.

He's never going to get elected, and serves as a distraction.

Sideshow is a more apt description. Paul keeps educated people still believing that voting means something. Congress, Paul(s) included, will keep doing the same ol' after 2012 and beyond unless the elite know something I don't about tshtf.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Perhaps we shall see in due time.

reply to post by Cuervo

Yes, I do see where you are coming from. And yes those thoughts are along similar lines, however this thought/possibility affects a whole lot more people (globally), as those only affect me or one or two other people.
I just think it is good to be cautious sometimes and good to think through all possibilities when they affect such a large scale.

Just thought it would be interesting to throw this out there and see what people had to say.

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think your concerns are valid if RP ever did get elected, they might do just what you speculate. However, it is more likely that scenario would be a fall back plan in case he ever actually was elected. My opinion is that if RP ever was elected and your little scenario played out, then I would not believe it was true terrorism; rather, funded terrorism paid for by those that wish to usher in more facism and control of the country.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I have felt for a good while now that voting does not mean anything as well. Though I hope that I am wrong about that. What would be better though for the elite than have the educated people's candidate, Ron Paul, win to make them think that their vote does count.

I do agree with you that it is a strong possibility that even if Ron Paul does get elected that things in Congress and government will not change much. I do believe he is the only candidate out there with the actual change to make things change in Congress and the government. In the end we will just have to wait and see what will happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Perhaps it would be a fall back plan, but I do feel whoever wins though is the one that they want to be President.

I too would definitely not believe that it would be true terrorism if it happened that way, and I know a lot of people on here also would not believe it. However, there would be a lot of people in this country that would sadly believe it and in turn would allow the elite and government to go about as they see fit. I feel there is still a majority of the country asleep and they would allow the elite and government to take more control if this were to happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I really think the elitists candidate is Rick Perry.

I commented about this in the 2012 Presidential Candidate Prediction thread. He just seems to be the man. He has the presidential charisma, the connections, etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong. What a crazy world we live in lately.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yes, he could be used to rub our faces in the very painful first-steps into the harsh reality of overcoming this tyranny...

Yet, given that he really is the only candidate that is an educated and sincere defender of the Constitution, he should be supported at least in that capacity...

He has been in politics for a long time,... and he may be some long-term wild-card tool...I hope not...

GO Paul!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Perhaps he is, I do not know as I am just speculating at the possibilities out there.

He is still 2 to 3 weeks away from announcing whether he is going to run or not, but since it seems to be so wide open and with so many candidates, I feel he will run.

Though I wonder is our country ready to elect another Governor of Texas to be the President, after Bush?

It is indeed a very crazy and dramatic world we live in.

reply to post by coastlinekid

Totally agree with your thoughts.

edit on 7/18/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Changed title of thread....thought it fit better

2nd line

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think he scares the elite, he would not be their candidate.

The elite tend to back the Bush or Obama type. The 'take from the poor and give to the rich' type of candidates.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

You are right with Ron Paul's proposed changes, I feel too that the elite are scared by him. I also agree that he is not the type of candidate that they usually back. However, I would not be surprised to see them use him,someone so different than what they tend to use, to their advantage, without him knowing. I feel they are able to adapt and do not always use the same tendencies to get across their agenda. Plus they may feel it would be an easy way to lull people back to them and the government, if they gave them this win.

Who knows though, except for the elite. Just throwing this out there. Crazy things tend to happen in our world.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I really don't think Ron Paul has even a slim to none chance of winning even though hes a good guy and has some good ideas. I think Obama will win again personally. Hes just not the cookie cutter corporate type that gets elected its gonna take a billion dollars this time around to compete with Obama and i just don't thing he can raise the funds needed to get elected..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I think he has a better chance then slim to none. I think he's got a pretty good chance, though I do agree with you in the fact it will be tough to get the funds similar to those Obama will have.

I agree that if I were to predict the election now, I would lean towards Obama's re-election. However I hope that does not happen, because I do not want four more years of nothing being done to better our country.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
1. Ron Paul is not an isolationist

2. Anything can happen in this world, stop fear-mongering, even if what you said will happen, it is completely out of your control. Nobody can predict every possible scenario then prevent it from happening.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My biggest fear is not whether or not RP is the POTUS Pick of the Elite, but rather what kind of retributions we may see if he gets elected. What hell might they unleash on us if many of the alphabet agencies are cut-off at the knees? """"OOPS. We accidentally released some nasty bio-weapons during our shutdown process.""""

Of course, I'm still going to vote for him. If that's what it takes to kill the beast, than so be it.
edit on 19-7-2011 by therealdemoboy because: Bring it on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join