It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Non-Africans Part Neanderthal, Genetics Confirm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Humm... Why would I be trusting someone called "Labuda". And I seem to remember a certain "Damian" playing a quite important role in a film about the son of Satan. I smell a rat chewing on a hidden agenda with a fishy odour

edit on 19-7-2011 by trisvonbis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Has anybody thought that maybe BIGFOOT is an offspring of Neanderthal
or a hybrid that never fully evolved, and is out there roaming around in British Columbia?
What about Yetis in Asia? Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
reply to post by TheOneElectric

That video isn't very accurate. Hell, it isn't accurate at all. I'd like to see that guy's credentials, because everything he has in that video is completely wrong.

For one the human and neanderthal skulls were nearly identical except for the brow ridge and a slightly bigger brain case in the neanderthal skull. Secondly, neanderthals originated in Africa and migrated into the Middle East and Europe. We have fossil evidence of this. Humans and neanderthals split from homo heidelbergensis some 500,000 years ago.
The guy also thinks that neanderthal would have thicker body hair because they lived in Europe during the Ice Age (which was only for a fraction of their life-span). This isn't true at all because they also had the same level of tools that humans had and also had clothing.
, but the

Didnt the man in the video state that the neanderthal had come from Africa originally? I would like to see his credentials too. He gives a website address in the video and talks about his book coming out. Maybe they would list any???

I am assuming you say the video is inaccurate because you are in the same field or do a lot of research? I find this topic fascinating although I admit ignorance on most of it...I did find a link I thought was interesting in.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, Im not sure I believe the whole Non African thing....An African American friend of mine has family members involved in some kind of DNA test where they find your ancestors and where they came from...Quite interestingly her DNA in Western European, so even though she is African American, she would have neanderthal genes....So the article is wrong???? DNA is so fascinating....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

I don't think interbreeding with apes and humans would work, the chromosomes wouldn't add up surely. I've read somewhere that Stalin did try to do this to create a super solider, but without any success, but putting a human egg in a female chimp did result in a successful pregnancy and birth, but the offspring was euthanized. I'll have a good dig around and see if I can find it.

Its all interesting nevertheless, and as for the video, I prefer the tradition Neanderthal, it doesn't terrify me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Neandethals may not be a different species to Homo sapiens

In biology, a species is one of the basic units of biological classification and a taxonomic rank. A species is often defined as a group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.

Biological Species Concept

The biological species concept defines a species as members of populations that actually or potentially interbreed in nature, not according to similarity of appearance. Although appearance is helpful in identifying species, it does not define species.
Source: evolution.berkeley.edu...

There has been considerable controversy regarding whether the two species interbred. If Neandethals mated with Homo sapiens and produced fertile offspring then they are Homo sapiens by definition. The fact that text books need to be rewritten if we admit they interbred may explain why there is so much controversy.

Here is a clue as to gives us a clue as to why human origins are such a sensitive subject.

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4 .

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
Evolutionists are now... what? back pedaling?

None of this is proof of creationism. None of this is proof of evolution. To have a sensible debate on this you need to know what you are talking about. I don't mean you in particular, Heyyo, however of all ATS topics this one is discussed more than any other from a position of ignorance. To know why I say this you need to all do a hell of a lot of research.
edit on 19/7/11 by Pimander because: add link

edit on 19/7/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Think of 2 types of pedigree dogs, both becoming ill through inbreeding, untill they find each other...and breed. The resulting puppies would be mongrels, but a hell of a lot fitter, and more intelligent....similar to a small amount of hybrids.
The neanderthals were supposed to have had an extra pair of chromosomes compared with 'moderns' and was supposed to have been proof that they were a seperate species. But 'moderns' are also able to display an extra pair of chromosomes, one condition of the extra chromosomes being Down's syndrome.
So, I'm not even fully convinced that Neanderthals were a seperate species in the first place, hence my 'mongrel' theory, as opposed to the 'hybrid' theory.
If they were a different species, I'm glad that they didn't become extinct, that all the knowledge they possessed wasn't wasted

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Right... for the people not following this theory.. for the possible religous nuts that dont get it, the closet rascists that think this an attack on there heritage....

its real straight forward, there is one common anncestor, then at least two if not more sub species that come from said anncestor... these species due to the similar genus are able to interbreed, due to where they come from (such as northern neanderthals) they have adapted to there enviroment, they then pass these abilities to survive down to there children in much the same way my son has blue eyes like me and his mother...

i dont see why people are trying to overly quetion this as its the closest thing to a reasonable explanation in a long time, i mean like someone already mentioned this would explain the lack of a missing link.. there wasnt one, there was interbreeding between slight (or sometimes quite extreme) variations of the homoid (sp) genus that allowed for the best qualities of all above species to become modern man...

this would also explain why there is quite so much variation between the four major skin coulours of the world red/white/black/yellow (i know that statement isnt very politically corrent but for talking sake it makes life easy) if there was possibly a few species of homoids breeding between each other it explains where all the diversity could have came from over a shorter period of time to create the standardised human genome??

just my thoughhts

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Apologies for the missing YouTube video in my earlier post. I have embedded the trailer and provided a link to the entire video.

The entire episode can be viewed here.

If you are interested in these ideas I have authored a thread on the topic before which I am happy to shamelessly promote here.

Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home?
edit on 19/7/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
My first question is that if this happened as humans were leaving Africa, then how do we know these folks didn't go back into Africa? I'm especially reminded of that tribe in sub-Saharan Africa that has blonde hair.

We know because African populations don't show the genetic markers. BTW the title is slightly wrong. Some pacific islanders also don't have these markers, as these islands were colonized by Africans.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by isthisreallife

Check the video I posted. It's long, but it'll give you a proper idea on how Neanderthals looked and WHY humans HAD to hunt them to extinction.

No it gives you an alternate theory... even the guy who made the video says this in his youtube comments...

What is it with humans, that they latch on to every theory as fact?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
well no one seems to have read the entire article
as is pointed out in the comments the title is misleading

it's sub saharan africans that lack neanderthal genes

north africans do have the gene

would also like to point out that africa is the continent with the greatest amount of human genetic variability on the planet, there are africans in the southern part with epicanthic folds [did they originate in africa or did eastern asians return and leave the genes for that trait?]

re neanderthal super predator stuff i'm calling BS it's more likely this is slandering neanderthals similar to accusations of savagery against non-whites used to justify conquest and genocide.

also cauc-asians came from asia there is speculation that they are descended from north indian albinos [quite a lot over there with blue and green eyes, they could easily pass for irish].

caucasians/aryans/indo-europeans did not enter europe until the kelts, [not sure about the axe-people, just incase]

old europeans used to be refereed to by the terms dark-whites/brunets/iberians were not caucasians

lol there are no "pure" races to be found anywhere really which just goes to show how ignorant and stupid racists really are.

i posted a theory about neanderthals possibly being lemurians on slayers latest atlantis and lemuria thread [p3] and my reasoning, but was it was totally ignored by the OP; the only reply was to poo-poo my "theory.

link to post:www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe here i'll get a better response here

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
Based on some of the guys I've dated
I AM NOT SURPRISED

Not sure if this is a compliment...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
There has been studies that show those of African and Chinese descent are related.

So are the Chinese excluded as well?

And what of Native Americans...?

Bingo....so what of the Native Americans?...The inca, the maya, the cherokee, or the Red Man in general....or the Australian Aboriginals for that matter?

Was America excluded with the "They are European" assumption?

This study seems very narrow, and Eurasia specific.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Australian Aboriginals all arrived at their destinations long after this interbreeding started.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
reply to post by Klassified

it guess it makes them humans. everybody else is a neanderthal half breed.
yaba dabba do

Maybe that explains why Africans are so technologically primitive?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join