It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange girl "ghost" pic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
...look at the damn branches

Thanks for the clairfications.

Well, I did look at the branches and the leaves, which appear to be green and not "negative" in any way.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
well i can answer some of your questions......a ghost can appear anytime it wants and it looks like people because it once was a person and it wears clothes so they arent naked the ghost does not reflect light but like i said before this was done with negatives if anybody didnt notice that......look at the damn branches

I looked a t the pics for awhile, and those aren't photo-negs. as for the
" branches " being white, those are dead thorn vines.. appearing that color is very common. Same with the leaves, they're a type of waxleaf , which have a very smooth reflective surface, ESPECIALLY when a Flash is being used just a few feet from them...
Now, as for the "so-called" girl in the pic... that one's got me wondering...
keep me posted if any more pics surface..

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Not to be a jerk, but I think it's just a smudge on the window or reflection from the flash. If you look, there are more of those as well...

I see a (Ghost)girl in the picture...clearly...the chances are small that it's human...could be extra terrestrial, could be a ghost, could be...

[edit on 15-8-2004 by Italiano]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
anyone think maybe the "ghost" isnt reflecting light but the light is caught in the the "ghosts" form and that is why the "ghost" is showing?

Im really looking forward to see what type of conclusion we can come up with. if we come up with one

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This is a photograph taken in low light, using just the flash from the camera, so if the girl was walking "in a hurry" the image of the girl should have a "motion blur" effect.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano

Originally posted by Herman
Not to be a jerk, but I think it's just a smudge on the window or reflection from the flash. If you look, there are more of those as well...

I see a (Ghost)girl in the picture...clearly...the chances are small that it's human...could be extra terrestrial, could be a ghost, could be...

[edit on 15-8-2004 by Italiano]

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but look at the BIGGEST one. There are more of those, "Smudges" to the right. They cut them off in all of the other pictures.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
I looked a t the pics for awhile, and those aren't photo-negs. as for the
" branches " being white, those are dead thorn vines.. appearing that color is very common. Same with the leaves, they're a type of waxleaf , which have a very smooth reflective surface, ESPECIALLY when a Flash is being used just a few feet from them...

I dont think the photos were done with negatives it could very well be a statue. I would like to see pics from the same position in daylight.

It would have been a lot creepier if she turned her head towards the camera, had glowing yellow eyes and was carry a blood stained knife.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I see a deffinite shape of a young girl ( ghost- i dont know). That is no way a smudge- how can a smudge look like a young girl?

The statue thing could be possible, there are alot of graves with headstones on like that.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
A smudge can easily look like a person
. I'm not saying it is for sure, but look at it; it kinda looks like one.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Definately a bad photo in my opinion..too difficult to say either way on that one.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Negatives? The guy got a DIGITAL CAMERA for his birthday. Digital cameras do not have film, thus they do not have negatives. I'm not a photography buff, so if you're talking about something else, sorry for the confusion; but if you read the post, it says clearly digital camera.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I can see what you mean Herman- it is very difficult to tell- it is just abit strange that it looks so much like a young girl- is there any chance it could have been tampered with ( did they use a computer to manipulate the pic???)- just a question

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's very well defined for a smudge, don't you think?

Looks very strange to me!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If ^that^ is 'smudge', then I will be voted by the citizens of the United States for the next US president

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
not shure how to post pics
but here goes nothin

hope this helps
brings out the background more

note the object that apperes just behind her feet.
wouldent that be illuminated the same as the girl

spoooooooky!!!

plus the girl maybee emmitting her own light?

[edit on 19-8-2004 by TrentReznor]

[edit on 19-8-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
thats what i was thinking along they lines of with the glow. What if the light was caught in the ghost, like fog in the headlights of your car. Then the photo was taken. Flashs sometimes go off before the shot is taken.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The effect of the light desapeers with the square of the distance, so a object that is 10 ft away only gets 1/4 of the light that an object that is 5 ft away gets.
That is why the leaves look unreal, and that could be the reason for the "girl" appearing more luminous than what is in the background.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi guys, I HOPE this works, this is my very first post here...
I took the original picture that was pasted here and ran it through some 3D space displacement mapping, using a 1x1 displacement (1 pixel = 1 3D point in space) and added omni present lighting... I think the results are VERY interesting.. showing to me hair, head, neck, shoulders, legs, dress flow.
The left hand pic is 3D space rotated to the left, the middle is front on (Just like the pic you saw posted, the right hand one is rotated to the right.
Something of interest to note here, I did some colour analyzing, and where skin would appear to be the image is black&white, where her dress appears to be, there is an incredibly slight pink tinge.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
WOW that is so cool

thanks for doing that

so what your saying about the color on the skin is that theres no flesh color like white, black?
The dress is showing pink. could be like a pink nighty?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Barak

do it again with the original, I think this has less jpg artifacts.

Original picture

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join