It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Speech in Defense of Whistle-Blowers (April 2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere, but I used the search function on ATS and didn't see this posted anywhere.

I hope you enjoyed the speech...and I totally agree with him with regards to flaws in censorship policy. Whistleblowers are good to ensure that we are informed before harm comes to us. We can see the censorship policy flawed in the phone hacking scandal and how the whistle blower has been found dead (recently).

I hope Julian Assange continues to push WikiLeaks and the quest for truth!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
All Assange has done is to leak some low level secrets while asking people to send money, with promises of major leaks, which never came.

He is running the ultimate pyramid scheme.

Scamway would be poroud.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Running the ultimate pyramid scheme? lol

Have you not heard he's currently in the UK trying to fight extradition to the United states after fabricated rape claims.

The US are going to many lengths to keep this guy quiet.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I have not read that, and apparently you have not either. He is fighting extradition to Sweden for claims of Rape, not erxtradition to the US.

The Us has no charges pending against him. What Assange and his legal team are doing are attempting to play off the irritation Europe has towards the Bush administration. A common legal tactic that is used often, and fails just as often.

Some of his other ridiculaous claims by assnage and his lawyer -
Claim -
Assange would be executed

Fact -
Assange has not committed any crimes that the US has filed charges on. Secondly, if the US were to file charges, those charges punishment is prison time, not death.

Claim -
Assange would be charged with treason.

Fact -
Assange is an Austrailian Citizen, not American, and is therefore not able to be charged with Treason.

Claim -
Assange could be sent to Gitmo

Fact -
Assange can not be sent to Gitmo since any charges would be in Federal Court, and not a military tribunal.

Assange, his lawyer and his gaggle of asshats, as I and others have stated, is confusing the issues on purpose in order to confuse everyone who is following this. They are playing the US card in an effort to confuse the elgal systems in Europe.

I hope like hell the EU Court rejects his claim that sending him to Sweden would result in no justice.

For a person who is all about transparency and answering charges, being up front and honest, he sure as hell does not practice what he demands of other governments.

Funny really... It makes him no better than those he condemns.

top topics

join