It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critics savage Palin film as audiences stay away in droves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

The New York Post's Kyle Smith called "The Undefeated" an "excruciating combination of bombast and whining". Smith, the first professional critic to review the film, is a self-described political conservative. He was perhaps the producers' best hope for a favorable review. When he panned an advance copy of the work, the filmmakers attempted to bar him from its New York premiere.

Well everyone's a critic and criticism is just an opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.

I wouldn't miss this movie for the world. Seeing exgov. Palin on the big screen will be such a treat regardless of the propaganda and self aggrandizement. We shall see if this film kick starts her campaign. Go mama grizzly!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Whoa..whoa...whoa...whoa! She is not making movies now is she????? Omg I officially hate America! I denounce my citizenship right here, right now! It's definitely sad that so many people love this woman, in fact they even write songs about her!
edit on 18-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I like Palin, so I'll watch it.

But I have to take my boy to the Harry Potter And the Object of Verb. . . .or something like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by whaaa

Whoa..whoa...whoa...whoa! She is not making movies now is she????? Omg I officially hate America! I denounce my citizenship right here, right now! It's definitely sad that so many people love this woman, in fact they even write songs about her!

She already has that reality show where she spears elephants from a UFO or something like that. Is it any big leap in logic to imagine a movie? I think she's on the forefront of the celebrity phenomenon tragedy that C. Wright Mills warned us about in the 50's. The line will blur and soon Nieslen ratings will be the sole factor in politics and voting. It's probably going to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Here's one! What a soul stirring message and tune to go with it.

www.youtube.com...

another
www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I don't know if it will be shown in our small town. Hopefully it will at least be for rent at video store.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

How is this different from all the songs about Obama, and idolizing him? IMO it's no different except for the fact that she is a Republican so of course it's bad right there.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'll watch it if she gets shot in the end in some moose hunting accident, hell I'd watch it over and over again if that's how it ended!YAY!

What tthe heck? Nobody likes documentaries didn't anyone tell her immaculacy that?

edit on 18-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by Swills

How is this different from all the songs about Obama, and idolizing him? IMO it's no different except for the fact that she is a Republican so of course it's bad right there.

Because one person is an educated man who became the first black US president in history and the other person is a failed governor with a reality show.

One person's story is a Hollywood-type story about America and the other person's story is an America-type story about Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
TEQUILA! Excellent! I like this. You are quick.

One person's story is a Hollywood-type story about America and the other person's story is an America-type story about Hollywood.

reply to post by whaaa

True... she is a modern day folk hero and a legend in her own mind.

She should play up the folk hero angle..sort of a modern day Annie Oakley.
edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by Swills

No it's different because she is dumber than a door post.
What a idiot what a maroon as bugs bunny would say...

The thing is Moron Obama didn't make some stupid movie ever that infiltrated and wasted spaces in movie theaters that could actually be used by someone we wanna see on screen.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Doing poorly?

Not according to FOX Nation...

Palin Film Opens Strong, Theaters Packed

Okay, it only brought in $75,000, or $8000 per theater. While the documentary "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work" brought in almost $24,000 per theater in it's opening weekend last year.

I'm going to believe FOX on this one. They wouldn't lie would they?

(Hang on! Someone seems to be hacking into my phone.)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Another lunatic neo-con right wing christian nutjob rednecks dream politician.

Why do we need ANOTHER one?

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I had the displeasure of hearing the film's producer interviewed by Hannity last Friday. Apparently it's only in perhaps 8 U.S. markets (cities) right now and the producer was already discussing plans for DVD availability since this isn't exactly a blockbuster.

The producer's sales pitch for seeing the films was something to the effect of: Palin has suffered more mockery than any other politician in U.S. history (debatable but I'll go with it), but she's still around....so she must be pretty darned cool, or something. Umm. Okay.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I've always said he was the least funny of the surviving Pythons, apart from Ripping Yarns most of his solo product has been a bit staid, that being said he is still a comedy great for The Life of Brian alone.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hopefully this will bomb, if not we may be faced with a Berlusconi movie called 'The Chaste' or a Blair movie called 'The Sincere'. The horror...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
One of the many things that I really respect exgov Palin for is her entrepreneurial spirit and American way of doing business.

Develop a fan base and relentlessly chump them out with a product; movies, books, speaking engagements, paid personal appearances, TV shows etc. Her fans stand in line to give her money; if that's not living the American dream; I don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
One of the many things that I really respect exgov Palin for is her entrepreneurial spirit and American way of doing business.

Develop a fan base and relentlessly chump them out with a product; movies, books, speaking engagements, paid personal appearances, TV shows etc. Her fans stand in line to give her money; if that's not living the American dream; I don't know what is.

Sadly, you are right. The American dream has become one of horror. Who thought that Mike Judge was a prophet when he wrote Idiocracy?! I'll never take satire so lightly again.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

She's doing it wrong then.

I mean, the American way of doing such a thing would mean that by now, she'd have had a hit music album, her own clothing line and her own perfume.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I prefer this movie about Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin is a crack shot.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join