It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I remember Jesus saying to his apostles, you shall do greater deeds than I. I have not yet seen someone raise people from the dead or give sight to the blind or truely heal people by laying hands on them. I have seen pasters and preachers get rich and never have to work, I have seen pasters and preachers delegate work to others, which is funny in a way as Jesus was the one who would help others, even the aposties were like tentmakers (people who worked for their keep)

There are so many things in the Bible that have not been handed down generation to generation which must mean the Bible is fallible

My Thoughts

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BazRaza7

It is an error to judge a perfect book by the imperfect people who only profess to follow its precepts. Even David, if you follow what he did closely in the Bible, did not do so, and he was far better than most of us. We have a perfect God, His perfect Book, and imperfect us - that's just the point.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BazRaza7

I remember Jesus saying to his apostles, you shall do greater deeds than I.

Jesus was rejected, tried as a criminal and executed, with his own disciples running away when he was arrested, then his lead disciple denying him. So he did not do all that great in creating a church in his own lifetime.
The Apostles, as you call them, were successful in their achievement of creating a widespread body of believers in their own lifetimes.

new topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join