It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You sound like one of those blind believers that is only Christian because your parents said to be. All you do is keep quoting text. I think a true Christian wouldn't need to quote text at all, and in fact wouldn't need the text either. By God given wisdom (not knowledge), you should be able to find the answers to all of your questions within your self and have the answers to life's problems by the wisdom found within. Then there will come a time when you don't just blindly believe in the Bible because you have been subject to it by your culture, you will know that the Bible is true because you have experienced every word of it and know it to be true without ever having read it.

You sound exactly like every other blind believer, that's how I know you are one. Now put your book down. Quit going to church, and experience the words first-hand that you accept to be true out of a blind belief.

The problem with reading the Bible is that wisdom ONLY comes from within. It may be written by wise men, but at the point you read it, it is only knowledge to you. Knowledge is not wisdom. Knowledge is an intelligence that is derived from materialism. Wisdom comes from the God that is within you. He is not in the book, he is within you. So since you are looking at outside sources for his wisdom, you will not find it, because it is within you. I know I might sound harsh, and probably a little too judgemental. Really I'm just trying to wake you up.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by edmc^2

It's like pulling teeth with you... what in the world does science have to do with vegetation coming before man in one account and man coming before vegetation in the other....

OK let's clarify that one then:

Looking at the cited verses: (ASV)

Gen 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth put forth grass, herbs yielding seed, [and] fruit-trees bearing fruit after their kind, wherein is the seed thereof, upon the earth: and it was so."

26 "And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.”

VS:

Gen 2:5 And no plant of the field was yet in the earth, and no herb of the field had yet sprung up; for Jehovah God had not caused it to rain upon the earth: and there was not a man to till the ground;

Gen 2:6 but there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Gen 2:7 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Interestingly here's what I said on the other thread:

To someone who’s not familiar with the Bible, just reading Genesis 1:11-16 one might arrive at a wrong conclusion. But upon consideration of the surrounding verses then the picture becomes clear. The seeming puzzle becomes complete.

So in it's entirety Genesis Chapter 1 provides us with a complete view of the Creation event:

Sequence of Creation Events according to the Bible:

1) Planets, sun moon stars already existed (created) billions and billions of years.
2) Watery earth was formless.
3) Preparation for earth to be inhabited.

Day 1: Light (of some sort) came to be on a formless watery earth.
Day 2: Separation between waters above and waters below, expanse (sky) appeared.
Day 3: Dry land, vegetation, organism appeared and water basins formed (seas).
Day 4: Lights from the luminaries became discernible from earth. Days and seasons.
Day 5: Animals of every sort appeared; fish, flying creatures, sea monsters – dinosaurs.
Day 6: More animals -wild and domestic and finally man was created.
Day 7: Creation stopped. (Chapter 2:1-3)

Reading Chapter 2 - the Bible writer now focuses his attention to the history of man under the heavens and the earth - that is before the even any vegetation was created.

Notice again:

But this time don't skip 2:4 for it says:

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven. (ASV)

Note the word "generations"

Gen 2:5 And no plant of the field was yet in the earth, and no herb of the field had yet sprung up; for Jehovah God had not caused it to rain upon the earth: and there was not a man to till the ground;

Gen 2:6 but there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

So these verses are just detailing for us an event before the creation of vegetation and man - nothing about timelines as detailed in Chapter 1.

Then verse

Gen 2:7 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Then reading the rest of Chapter 2 - now we see chapter 2 deals with the history of man's first existence on earth.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I'm not sure you get it, you can't use the Bible as your source to prove that the Bible is true. If you could then that same logic could apply to all religious texts (and any sort of book really, maybe I should found the church of Gandalf?).

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hey I've been trying to get a hold of God for a while but he never talks to me. Can you tell him to stop ignoring me and answer my damn questions. He seems to have become a mute over the last couple thousand years.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Great post op!
"And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

Revelation 22:19

To Griffo: I think you have had one to many vaccinations my friend.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by edmc^2

I'm not sure you get it, you can't use the Bible as your source to prove that the Bible is true. If you could then that same logic could apply to all religious texts (and any sort of book really, maybe I should found the church of Gandalf?).

HAHAHA! Exactly!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
You sound like one of those blind believers that is only Christian because your parents said to be. All you do is keep quoting text. I think a true Christian wouldn't need to quote text at all, and in fact wouldn't need the text either. By God given wisdom (not knowledge), you should be able to find the answers to all of your questions within your self and have the answers to life's problems by the wisdom found within. Then there will come a time when you don't just blindly believe in the Bible because you have been subject to it by your culture, you will know that the Bible is true because you have experienced every word of it and know it to be true without ever having read it.

You sound exactly like every other blind believer, that's how I know you are one. Now put your book down. Quit going to church, and experience the words first-hand that you accept to be true out of a blind belief.

The problem with reading the Bible is that wisdom ONLY comes from within. It may be written by wise men, but at the point you read it, it is only knowledge to you. Knowledge is not wisdom. Knowledge is an intelligence that is derived from materialism. Wisdom comes from the God that is within you. He is not in the book, he is within you. So since you are looking at outside sources for his wisdom, you will not find it, because it is within you. I know I might sound harsh, and probably a little too judgemental. Really I'm just trying to wake you up.

Yet Jesus said:

Jhn 7:16 Jesus therefore answered them and said, My teaching is not mine, but his that sent me.

Jhn 7:17 If any man willeth to do his will, he shall know of the teaching, whether it is of God, or [whether] I speak from myself.

Jhn 7:18 He that speaketh from himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh the glory of him that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

In the same manner - on my own I have no authority to speak my own when it comes to word of God - besides I'm infallible while God is not and so is his Word.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Hey I've been trying to get a hold of God for a while but he never talks to me. Can you tell him to stop ignoring me and answer my damn questions. He seems to have become a mute over the last couple thousand years.

Maybe you were asking the wrong question.

What was your Q anyway if I may?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by edmc^2

Then by all means put the Bible to the test.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Alas, I have found the answer and now I propose a test to determine the one true God. First let us take a look at this passage from your holy book which you have already said is infallible,

1 Kings 18:23-24 - " Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:

And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken. "

So, we shall gather all the prophets of your god and all the prophets of the napkin upon Mount Carmel, then we shall make sacrifices and call upon the names of our gods, and whichever god answereth with fire shall be the true god. Thus it is written in your infallible book that this is the way that disputes shall be settled.

Edit: The great napkin has given me the power to post my test within a millisecond of you asking for one, yet further proof for my cause!

edit on 18-7-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil3unnie
reply to post by edmc^2

Great post op!
"And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

Revelation 22:19

To Griffo: I think you have had one to many vaccinations my friend.

Thanks,

...you mean vacations...maybe not...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo

edit on Mon Jul 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

That is the most fitting and humorous reply to the OP's nonsense that I must say "to hell with ATS rules" and congratulate you on a perfect one line post - even if they were not your own words.

I sincerely hope you have a great day, because you have just made mine funnier.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Garfee because: I didn't edit this post, god did.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

>2011
>Not realizing when you're being trolled
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
edit on 18-7-2011 by heislegend because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by heislegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I have 3 simple questions.

1) If religion is such a positive force, and the Bible (Gods word) is the guiding force behind the Vatican, how come more people have died fighting over Religion than for any other reason? Don't you think it's strange that these people who follow the word of God, are the most successful mass murderers in the history of mankind?

2) What do you know about the Black Pope, Adolfo Nicholas? Do you know about the "Black" side of the Vatican? It's not a secret, nor a conspiracy theory.

3) How come so many Catholic Priests sexually abuse young children? There is no other occupation on Earth that has been accused as many times as the Church in regards to sexual molestation.

If God's word was so pure and powerful, it's pretty odd that the people who represent him on Earth, The Church, have been accused of so many evil acts.

I highly doubt I will get clear, concise responses to the questions I have posed.

Deeply religious people are extremely skilled in the art of deception and distraction.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Yet Jesus said:

Jhn 7:16 Jesus therefore answered them and said, My teaching is not mine, but his that sent me.

God can speak to you the same way he spoke to Jesus. And if and when he does, you will be receiving what is widely known and accepted by the spiritual population as wisdom.

Jhn 7:17 If any man willeth to do his will, he shall know of the teaching, whether it is of God, or [whether] I speak from myself.

If you live out the will of God (love) you will know about this wisdom of which I speak, because he will speak to you as he has done to me on many occasions.

Jhn 7:18 He that speaketh from himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh the glory of him that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

This is the problem with blind believers. They try to inflict their misconceptions on other people and what is received is a concept that not only makes no sense, it is dangerously misleading.

That being said, you are misconstruing the meaning behind this verse. This is what it means:

Speaking from the realm of knowledge that comes from the FALSE sense of self derived from MATERIALISM is used for the purpose of glorifying your FALSE sense of self simply due to the fact that that is the only self you are aware of. When you become your true self as part and one with God's creation, and ultimately God him/her self, then to speak from that part of yourself only serves to glorify God and his creation, not man and his creation. This is because you know that the glory of God IS the glory of yourself.

And this is what you have been mislead to believe due to trying to be a good boy in church and not ask any questions:

"I should not trust myself, because I am not good enough. I will never be like Jesus, so I shouldn't even try. I'll just blindly believe in the Bible and quote it so that I will think I'm saved when in reality, I haven't learned anything. I'm going to go up to the altar and say an affirmation so that I will be saved, and then return to my ignorant ways. But I'll continue to quote scripture so I give the false appearance of someone who is a follower of Christ, when in actuality, I don't have any idea what this crap is actually talking about." This is what's wrong with the world today. Blind believers don't believe that salvation is in there hands so they wait around for some outside source to come "save" them.

I got news for all ye blind believers. To be a follower of Jesus doesn't mean go to church, read the bible, and say a prayer one day "asking Jesus into your heart".

To be a follower of Jesus is not that easy. You have to actually BE like Jesus and desire to BE like Jesus. Then you are really a follower of Jesus. Not by an affirmation. Not by blind faith. Jesus, for all intents and purpose was the embodiment of love, love's purpose, and God's wisdom. All of these attributes are obtainable ONLY from within. So don't go to church. Don't read the Bible. Just love. Work on yourself to make yourself more loving. Then you will know that you are saved.

In the same manner - on my own I have no authority to speak my own when it comes to word of God - besides I'm infallible while God is not and so is his Word.

You have all the authority in the world. What's to stop you? How can you contribute to helping humanity through anything? How can you teach anything? How can you be anything great, if you're relying on someone else to do it for you? Jesus is not a savior by dying on the cross. Jesus is a savior by the example he set. Don't you see. You have the ability to rightfully live like him, and you don't, because you believe he is going to live like him through and for you. Don't be naive.

The only way you know any of this is because you read it and blindly believe.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by heislegend

We realize that but any posts that contain the word "troll" get removed for being "off-topic" nowadays.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What of the Gnostic texts then? Is it ok for man to pick apart the bible and choose what stays and goes? If God's word is infallible and your religion picks and chooses what they want to believe, should you not leave this religion for its sacrilegious acts defying the word of God?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

c'mon man... it's clearly implying that man was created first... and even if one were to accept your twisted interpretation you're still left with the discrepancy of the wild beasts and the flying creatures being created in between Adam and Eve... where in the first account the animals were created prior to man and man and woman were created simultaneously...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"There only ever was one Christian, and he died on the cross"

Friedrich Nietzsche.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
God's word may be infallible but the bible is. The massive libraries of scriptures won't all fit into one book. And also when isrealites and god started going against other nations and yahwah's 69 brothers, they mass propoganda'd their god as the victors. Also in the old scriptures there were multiple gods. Yahwah was a third generation god of thunder and lightning much like zeus.
Also as time went on many things got mistranslated. Old hebrew word for poisoner was translated into the english language as witch. So you get things like the witch hunt even to those of the white (those who seek to do good) while original hebrew meaning was "those that bring harm/poisoners".
Another mistranslation was "Virgin" Mary. She wasn't a virgin but just like the women of her time, she was supposed to be chaste for part of the year. Means she and Joseph were running from the law when Jesus was born cause they weren't supposed to have kids for that time of the year.

I see the bible basically as chastianity/catholicism for dummies. Means in order to better know god you should go find the older scriptures and find out what you can that the bible lies about or wont tell you. Ex. I could read the Dummies Guide for the A+ (computer tech) examination all day and not pass the test. I need to go and get a certified testing studyguide to actually have a chance of passing the test.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join