It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I wonder to what extent are you going to cherry pick the Bible so as to conform to your personal belief?

But my original Q is still unanswered:

...why do you say the "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery?
I suppose you don't want to test your faith by looking into the issue yourself. This is a personal belief but not one that I hold alone. It is the general consensus of biblical scholars but you choose to keep your head in the sand for some reason and my guess is that there are vital bits in these discredited books necessary to uphold a belief system which would otherwise collapse. This could cover a wide range of things including sin, the nature of Jesus' sacrifice, the qualifications for salvation, the claims of sin, the method of redemption and the value of Jesus' blood for that purpose, the second coming and the fate of apparent unbelievers. Also throw in Judaizing elements.
edit on 17-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by Akragon

Again, Jesus' words are not in question here nor the Love of God and Jesus' for John 3:16 says:

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

Rather which one is God's written Word?

Let the Bible answer it for you:

“All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

As to:

Why would God have a reason to be Jealous?

I'm quite surprised you're even questioning this.

It's matter of faithfulness and loyalty - tell me how would you feel if your dearly beloved spouse who is married to you started serving another person instead of you? Will it be OK with you? Will you not be jealous?

What if he/she started putting pictures of that person in your house and then every moning and evening looks at it and praised it in front of you? How would you feel? Will you not be jealous?

But what if your spouse started questioning you and says - you have no REASON to be jealous at all? How would you feel? Will you say - oh.. OK?

So what do you think? Does God have any reason to be jealous at all?

Look again at what he told the Israelites before entering the promised land:

“11 “For your part keep what I am commanding you today. Here I am driving out from before you the Am′or‧ites and the Ca′naan‧ites and the Hit′tites and the Per′iz‧zites and the Hi′vites and the Jeb′u‧sites.

12 Watch yourself that you do not conclude a covenant with the inhabitants of the land to which you are going, for fear it may prove itself a snare in your midst.

13 But their altars YOU people are to pull down, and their sacred pillars YOU are to shatter, and their sacred poles YOU are to cut down.

14 For you must not prostrate yourself to another god, because Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, he is a jealous God;

15 for fear that you may conclude a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, as they will certainly have immoral intercourse with their gods and sacrifice to their gods, and someone will be certain to invite you, and you will certainly eat some of his sacrifice.

16 Then you will have to take some of their daughters for your sons, and their daughters will be certain to have immoral intercourse with their gods and make your sons have immoral intercourse with their gods.

17 “You must not make molten idol gods for yourself. -- Exodus 34:11-17

Tell me this please, before you marry someone - will you just take in that person without coming to an agreement or understanding as to what his/her resposibilty is/are as a husband/wife? Or will you take that person even if she/he will be unfaithful to you? If so what kind of person are you then?

Remember what the marriage vow say:

Do you, ____, take , ____, to be your (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. I, ____, take you, ____, to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life..

"...I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.." does these words mean anything to you?

So if your spouse commits infidelity - is that OK with you?

If it's not OK with you - how much more is it to God - the creator marriage?

So what would you expect from him when he is fully aware that the nations that they are about encounter have many gods? Nothing?

So if the Israelites decided to serve other gods other than the ONE who took care of them (as a husband) and brought them to the promised land - should Jehovah God just ignore it? As if his words had no meaning at all?

Oh, I see, marriage has notthing to do with IDOL worship?

If so then it's OK with you if your spouse brought in all of his/her ex-bf pictures and display them all over your house. Is that how you are?

Do you know what God said at Isa 42:8?

“I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.”—Isa. 42:8, Am. Stan. Ver.

Again Jesus' OWN WORDS:

He said: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” (Matthew 4:10)

So do you really know what you're talking about?

Do you understand what Jesus' said to the devil?

Does God have the right to be jealous like a loving husband does?

edit on 17-10-2011 by edmc^2 because: bold

that was an awesome post and very good example. God certainly has a right to be jealous. I never looked at it from this perspective but it all makes alot more since now as to why God would have the kind of jealousy He does. All God wants is our loyalty to Him as the one and only Creator of all things. What's so hard about that?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

that was an awesome post and very good example. God certainly has a right to be jealous. I never looked at it from this perspective but it all makes alot more since now as to why God would have the kind of jealousy He does. All God wants is our loyalty to Him as the one and only Creator of all things. What's so hard about that?
I didn't realize he (edmc^2) was a Jehovah's Witness until now, after seeing him quote from their New World Translation.
I think this should be a good example to everyone what Judaizers will go to in order to promote their Jew God.
The real New Testament does not have the word, Jehovah in it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I didn't realize he (edmc^2) was a Jehovah's Witness until now, after seeing him quote from their New World Translation.
I think this should be a good example to everyone what Judaizers will go to in order to promote their Jew God.
The real New Testament does not have the word, Jehovah in it.

Who cares what denomination he falls under? The point is he made a good example

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic, I don't think he is JW but I think it very odd indeed that he is quoting from their Bible.
I think this is a good example of a liar at work, fudging things around to promote the OLD Testament God.
Why on Earth did Jesus come to this world if the Old Testament God was just fine?
Well it is not just fine and I don't like people calling themselves Christians who are not.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic, I don't think he is JW but I think it very odd indeed that he is quoting from their Bible.
I think this is a good example of a liar at work, fudging things around to promote the OLD Testament God.
Why on Earth did Jesus come to this world if the Old Testament God was just fine?
Well it is not just fine and I don't like people calling themselves Christians who are not.

And who are you to say who is Christian and who is not? Are you the christian police or something

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

yes, yes he is
(at least in his own little world)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

good job with your posts. You are right on and your logic and reasoning cannot be disputed by these ignorant Bible babes in this forum. Victory goes to you in this thread

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Rather which one is God's written Word?

Let the Bible answer it for you:
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Ah yes, back to paul... As i've said before i do not look to paul for answers... So i would definately disagree with him on that comment... all scripture is NOT inspired of God.

I'm quite surprised you're even questioning this.

It's matter of faithfulness and loyalty - tell me how would you feel if your dearly beloved spouse who is married to you started serving another person instead of you? Will it be OK with you? Will you not be jealous?

Yes, i've already been through this situation... But i forgave her and moved on... And i am not God.

What if he/she started putting pictures of that person in your house and then every moning and evening looks at it and praised it in front of you? How would you feel? Will you not be jealous?

I would get over it... And again, i am not God, i am only human... God would not have such petty emotions.

But what if your spouse started questioning you and says - you have no REASON to be jealous at all? How would you feel? Will you say - oh.. OK?

That would make her a liar, and i do not deal with such people... And i would not stay in a situation such as that, which i did not.

So what do you think? Does God have any reason to be jealous at all?

Nope... God would still have no reason to be Jealous.

If one choses not to believe in a particular God or "the" God, and side with another... then so be it. Either way that person will end up standing before the real God one day, and he will have to deal with himself chosing another God at that time. Do you not believe God knows this? So if that person will eventually stand before God one way or the other... why would he be Jealous? You humanize God in your claims, hatred and jealousy are human emotions and are beneath God. Perhaps not beneath your God because clearly we know your God is Jealous, sensitive, ravenous, vindictive etc etc etc.... Again, my God is not.

Look again at what he told the Israelites before entering the promised land:

Instead how about you answer me the question i asked about what "he" said in that passage?

Why would anyone assume that because one choses a different God, they will do anything immoral?

Tell me this please, before you marry someone - will you just take in that person without coming to an agreement or understanding as to what his/her resposibilty is/are as a husband/wife? Or will you take that person even if she/he will be unfaithful to you? If so what kind of person are you then?

Why is this a question of what kind of person i am?

How can you possibly know if she will be unfaithful?

I've made this agreement, and it was broken... And so i removed myself from the situaiton... forgave her for what she did.... and moved on.

"...I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.." does these words mean anything to you?

So if your spouse commits infidelity - is that OK with you?

If it's not OK with you - how much more is it to God - the creator marriage?

God does not need the love of a single person... because as i've said, eventually we will all return home and will have to deal with our actions within this life...

If i can forgive her... How much more could God forgive them.

If so then it's OK with you if your spouse brought in all of his/her ex-bf pictures and display them all over your house. Is that how you are?

again what does this have to do with "how i am"?

So do you really know what you're talking about?

Do you understand what Jesus' said to the devil?

Does God have the right to be jealous like a loving husband does?

Why do you keep asking me that? I know exactly what im talking about...

So do you know what Jesus said to the devil in that passage? Why don't you explain it to me in your own words, any fool can post scripture....

So again, God has no reason to be Jealous... Its a human issue, Not something from God...

Lets take a look at thoughts on Jealousy from the bible shall we?

12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle,

So again, according to your bible... Jealousy or envy / strive are not from above... they are earthly sensual and Devilish...

So tell me, is that your God.... Devilish?

YOUR god sure sounds mighty devilish to me...

edit on 17-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by edmc^2

good job with your posts. You are right on and your logic and reasoning cannot be disputed by these ignorant Bible babes in this forum. Victory goes to you in this thread

Yet another pathetic proclaimation of Victory...

How typical of you... but i tell you... he has not won a thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ah yes, back to paul... As i've said before i do not look to paul for answers... So i would definately disagree with him on that comment... all scripture is NOT inspired of God.
That was an inside job forgery (2 Timothy 3:16-17) by the priest class that formed up after Paul died. You can see exactly why the forgers would write that, by how it is being used against you right now.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

That was an inside job forgery by the priest class that formed up after Paul died. You can see exactly why the forgers would write that, by how it is being used against you right now.

Its an obvious mistake... Im unsure if its intentional though... Paul may have believe that all scripture is "inspired" by God. Though i find once a liar, always a liar more works for me...

:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You might want to start a thread on that, Why you think Paul is a liar. I am reading four different books on Paul right now so I might want to make some comments. One way to deal with why you don't like Paul is to set aside the forged books pretending to be by him, and set aside everything about him in Acts as being a way to diminish him in the eyes of Christians, to get them to think that he actually did submit to an ecclesiastical hierarchy.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You might want to start a thread on that, Why you think Paul is a liar. I am reading four different books on Paul right now so I might want to make some comments. One way to deal with why you don't like Paul is to set aside the forged books pretending to be by him, and set aside everything about him in Acts as being a way to diminish him in the eyes of Christians, to get them to think that he actually did submit to an ecclesiastical hierarchy.

I have a thread on it actually, though it didn't turn out how i wanted it to...

Paul...

Would Philippians be one of said forged books?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, Philippians is not one of the forged ones, and why I quote it.
It's a short list, 7 real ones out of 13 claimed.
Philippians, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Romans, 1 Thessalonians, Philemon.
I will check out that thread later tonight.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Interesting how you quote Scriptures that you don’t believe and then twist them to suit your own understanding. But I’m not surprised as you love to cherry pick things.

No so?

OK - here let me show you again:

First you quote the scriptures at 1 Cor 13: 12-17 then ended it with:

“So again, according to your bible... Jealousy or envy / strive are not from above... they are earthly sensual and Devilish...

So tell me, is that your God.... Devilish?
YOUR god sure sounds mighty devilish to me...

How tricky of you there…hmmm.

Yet when the Bible speaks of God as being jealous – it ALWAYS refers to righteous indignation or righteous jealousy. Just like a loving husband who is rightfully and righteously jealous if his wife starts seeing another man. Thus a husband or wife expects loyalty from his / her marriage mate in order to have a good relationship. It’s the same with God – he expects us to be fully devoted to him – or faithful to him especially when it comes to worship.

However what you’re talking about is envy – I don’t need to explain what it is because it’s obvious what it is.

So in God’s point of view – he requires that those serving him must be loyal to him, have a zeal to be truthful to him – in other words to be dedicated to him.

Notice what Jesus did when he saw how the people was treating his Father’s house of worship:

Jhn 2:12 KJV - After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days.
Jhn 2:13 KJV - And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
Jhn 2:14 KJV - And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
Jhn 2:15 KJV - And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
Jhn 2:16 KJV - And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Jhn 2:17 KJV - And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Jesus’ became indignant of what was being done to his father’s house of worship so he showed no toleration of such acts.

Noticed again what Jesus told satan when Satan asked Jesus to “worship him”:

Mat 4:9 NKJV - And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."

Mat 4:10 NKJV - Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "

As for the letters of Paul – I keep asking your follower jmdewey60 to provide proof of his claim - that they a forgery, but somehow keeps avoiding it. Any idea what’s he afraid of?

Truth maybe?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

As for the letters of Paul – I keep asking your follower jmdewey60 to provide proof of his claim - that they a forgery, but somehow keeps avoiding it. Any idea what’s he afraid of?

Truth maybe?
No, something called, copyright, which I do not have and don't want to sit here and paraphrase.
You can download the book, here for $12.99.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Oh boy...more Biblical scholars. I'm sure you pick them because they support your claim or else why mentione them.

But you know what - truth is truth and no scholar can bring down the Word Of God.

So any proof to your claims?

Will you invalidate God's Words to put yourself above of God's wrtitten words - the Bible?

What say you?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Why should I buy such a garbage if I already have the Infalible word of God? No thank you - you're the one who brought this up - so back it up.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

Oh boy...more Biblical scholars. I'm sure you pick them because they support your claim or else why mentione them.
But you know what - truth is truth and no scholar can bring down the Word Of God.
So any proof to your claims?
Will you invalidate God's Words to put yourself above of God's wrtitten words - the Bible?
What say you?
See if you can find a Bible scholar who disagrees. There must be one, somewhere, right?
Let's see if truth is truth in your cherished books. True or false: Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons?
I don't know about absolute proofs, but there is preponderance of evidence.
God did not write the Bible and there is a conflict of interest regarding your claim, since the book you quote from is one of the books that are in dispute.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join