It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

So honestly, how many times in this thread do you want me to tell you... THE WORDS OF JESUS, are what i work with within the bible?

Is it my fault you don't read other peoples posts?

Is it my fault you don't pay attention to other peoples posts within your own thread?

I use his words because they are truth... Now im not saying that there is other people in the bible that also repeated these truths... but his words are nothing but truth, which is why i can easily destroy your arguements, and have done so this entire thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

“All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Are the texts above forgery? If so please prove it in defense of your claim.

Personally i could care less if there are forgeries within the bible, but things are are just wrong are an issue i will deal with and take personally...

You think all scripture is benificial for this and that? What benifit do these passages have in the day they were written or right now?

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Shall i give you more?

To what benifit are these passages to man kind, or anyone for that matter?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

ok thanks for the info - but I wish you go into detail and explain what you're trying to prove.

As for Mr. Bart Ehrman - I've read some of what he said and also read the reviews by others. Conclusion is many of his so called "proof" are circumstantial and based on his own interpretation and guidelines.

Let's take for example the writing style of the apostles and the rest of the Bible writers.

Just because the writing style changes does not necessarily or convincingly mean that the writing was done by another person. It simply means that the writer made a change of his writing style according to the situation. That is, according to the needs, who the audience are, who the person the writer was addressing. Time is also of the essence since it took time to complete the writing of the Bible.

Take for example 1 Timothy - it was completed around 61-64 C.E. Three years! Can Paul maintain the same monotonous writing style throughout the three years while residing in Macedonia/Ephesus? Especially when it demands to warn and strengthen his fellow Christian brothers (I Tim 6:10, 20)?

Or how about when Paul was giving an exhortation to faith with a good concience (1 Tim 1:1-20)? Or giving instructions regarding worship and organization in the "church" (congregation) (2: 1-6:2)? Or when giving counsel on godly devotion (6:3-21)?

How absurd to be writing these events in ONE monotonous style!!

Far be it that the Bible writers were rigid - like robots, who can only write in one monotonous style. No they were dynamic writers and had feelings. These feeling were incorporated into their writings - they were given this freedom by God although they were guided/inspired by/of God.

So these Bible critics that you're citing are weak in their reasoning.

Will they also say that the writings of Shakespeare were done by different people because he used different writing styles?

What say you?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

How can this be?
Spirits home in on things in particular, as in a specialization, something they are adept at, and they are the dark angels of the gods of idolatry.
Your god who you worship in your idolatry sends its spirits to torment you.
Your soul becomes impure from the infestation of this spirit you invite in as what you believe is the giver of wisdom for the support of the worship of the god you idolize.
The trickster is part of the nature of this particular dark angel who comes to you to bolster you in your worship of the god it serves. I am pointing this out to you as a marker of the evil one since you are blinded to normal rational argument by the spirit of delusion this spirit works by. I am hoping that even though you are trapped in this delusion, you can still see the sign of it when it is pointed out to you.
edit on 12-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Shall i give you more?

Are you blind? You think God should just let people have their own way and not punish them? Do you even know what the word HOLY means? By the way, you haven't seen nothing yet in the ways of God killing people. Just keep floating around and you will see the full wrath of God very soon. Read Revelations, Daniel, Isaiah, etc for a taste of your coming future.

(or you could just pretend it is fake and cling to your interpretation of the words of Christ only.....either way, you will soon see your opinion doesn't matter and God will have His way)

Ever notice Jesus Christ talked about Hell 3 times as much as He did about Heaven? Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Problem with this kind of reasoning is that you are judging God the Creator of the heavens and earth according to your standards. As if you have the ability to look into man's heart, his motives and thoughts. Have the ability to look into the pass, present and the future. As if you have the ability to look at the entire picture. As if your standards are MUCH MUCH higher than God.

Why even Jesus Christ the Savior, the Son of the Living God didn't even took upon himself to elevate himself higher than God and the judge of God.

When he was addressed as good.

He said:

Mar 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone. (NIV)

If the words that Jesus spoke - by his own admission - are not his but from God will you believe then the truthfulness of what he said?

For instance:

"10 Do you not believe that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me? The things I say to YOU men I do not speak of my own originality; but the Father who remains in union with me is doing his works. 11 Believe me that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me; otherwise, believe on account of the works themselves. 12 Most truly I say to YOU, He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father. 13 Also, whatever it is that YOU ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. 14 If YOU ask anything in my name, I will do it." - John 14:10-14

"28 YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am." -- John 14:28(NWT)

Jhn 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.

Jhn 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am [the one I claim to be] and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

Jhn 8:29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him." (NIV)

Also, a simple analysis of the events you've cherry picked will reveal that your accusations of the Loving God are unfounded and misleading.

But since you've already made up your mind - any amount of explanation will not do because you've already Judge and convicted God of wickedness.

Not even this scripture will mean anything to you:

16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." John 3:16

So good luck with you fight with the Living God.

BTW - Here's a prophetic vision of Jesus' return as a Mighty Warrior to execute God's wrath against the wicked:

Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.

Rev 19:12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.

Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." [fn] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

A frightening prospect for those who will fight against the Living God and his Mighty Warrior.

Yet a blessing to those who are approved and honored by God.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Rev 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

edit on 13-10-2011 by edmc^2 because: added v13 and del 17-19 - i'm only allowed up to 4k letters per post

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If I'm delusional because I believe that the Bible IS the written Word of the Living God - then I'm proud to be delusional.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

Shall i give you more?

Are you blind? You think God should just let people have their own way and not punish them? Do you even know what the word HOLY means? By the way, you haven't seen nothing yet in the ways of God killing people. Just keep floating around and you will see the full wrath of God very soon. Read Revelations, Daniel, Isaiah, etc for a taste of your coming future.

(or you could just pretend it is fake and cling to your interpretation of the words of Christ only.....either way, you will soon see your opinion doesn't matter and God will have His way)

Ever notice Jesus Christ talked about Hell 3 times as much as He did about Heaven? Just a thought.

Im pretty sure i already told you that im done arguing with you on this thread... your arguements are nonsensical, and laughable in most cases... You've clearly demonstrated your lack of understanding on these matters and i chose not to deal with your ramblings anymore...

Take care...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Problem with this kind of reasoning is that you are judging God the Creator of the heavens and earth according to your standards

Incorrect... for that to be the case God would have had to have written the bible, which he did not... Man wrote the bible, and i chose to see the lies about God within their words. If you chose not to, that is your issue...

As if you have the ability to look into man's heart, his motives and thoughts. Have the ability to look into the pass, present and the future. As if you have the ability to look at the entire picture. As if your standards are MUCH MUCH higher than God.

I do not need those abilities to see what is wrong and what is right... Murder, rape and torture is wrong, and i don't care what excuses you have for the instances in the bible... The God that Jesus speaks about would not do such things to his children... Perhaps your God would because as you clearly know YOUR God is a psyhotic maniac who takes pleasure in others pain... He, is not my God...

Why even Jesus Christ the Savior, the Son of the Living God didn't even took upon himself to elevate himself higher than God and the judge of God.

Which i am not doing... i am speaking of a book written by man that speaks about an entity that the writers considered God... This is not my God so i tell you those passages i quoted were either NOT God, the father of Jesus... or they were just lies.

SO tell me which is it... does God kill and command others to rape and torture his children as it says in the bible? Or was John correct when he said "God loved the world so much that he gave his son so that we could be saved"

One is the true God, one is a lie..... which one is it?

If the words that Jesus spoke - by his own admission - are not his but from God will you believe then the truthfulness of what he said?

Absolutely, i agree not one is Good but God.... Those passages i quoted are not even close to examples of Good! They are completely opposite, i would even say wicked, or evil...

So again... IF God is Good, or the only one that is Good as Jesus said... How could the entire bible be Gods word when there is so much evil within its pages?

And believing in what Paul said as opposed to who you call the "king of kings"... is typical hypocrisy from people that do not understand his words....

So who is your King... Paul or Jesus.... From what i've seen from you in this thread... I would believe you worship paul dispite what you claim....

So what say you?

And, out of all the verses you quoted, i will point out one thing...

Jhn 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me...

The entire bible is not his teachings....Period.

Also, a simple analysis of the events you've cherry picked will reveal that your accusations of the Loving God are unfounded and misleading.

Prove your words, i can prove mine, can you do the same?

But since you've already made up your mind - any amount of explanation will not do because you've already Judge and convicted God of wickedness.

Incorrect... i've accused the writers of the bible of wickedness, and its obvious that im correct... You chose to be blind to simple facts... With that i can't help you.... And besides that, you've been trying to explain this and that since this thread started... And you were doing well, until i joined the conversation... Since that point, i've pointed out the flaws in your logic, and the obvious lack of understanding of your own book...

Why shouldn't i have my mind made up... the bible is not only flawed, but is crooked/slanted/sideways... in many cases... Not to mention the obvious contradicitons throughout the book...

Not even this scripture will mean anything to you:

16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

Amazing how you think it means nothing to me yet i used it in this reply...

Here's a prophetic vision of Jesus' return as a Mighty Warrior to execute God's wrath against the wicked:

I couldn't care less what Revelations has to say... And i am not wicked in any sence of the word... Though YOUR God, the entity of the OT... is quite evil.

A frightening prospect for those who will fight against the Living God and his Mighty Warrior.

Not something i could possibly fear, i quote Jesus and only him... I walk his path, His father is my God... I fight against those who spread lies and not truth... You do not preach truth...

And he would say "i do not know you" if he had the chance to speak with you on your beliefs

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How many times I have repeat this.

The Bible was NOT written by God but he used (44) men to write it in the span of thousands of years.Thus by allowing and inspiring these men to write the Bible, God is the AUTHOR - thus the written Word of God.
It does not only contain the Words of God, but contains historical of events for good reasons.

The fact that God allowed the things to be recorded means that there are lessons to be learned from them.

But since you believe that the entire Bible is NOT the Word of God, tell me then which books are not or should not be part of the Bible?

If not books, which verses should be taken out or cherry picked then according to you?

May I ask - should these words by Jesus in the Book of Revelation be taken out also since you said:

I couldn't care less what Revelations has to say...

(I'll just quote a few just to keep it short)

Rev 1:

1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, even to all the things he saw. 3 Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near.

...And he laid his right hand upon me and said: “Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Ha´des. 19 Therefore write down the things you saw, and the things that are and the things that will take place after these.

Rev 2:

5 “‘Therefore remember from what you have fallen, and repent and do the former deeds. If you do not, I am coming to you, and I will remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. 6 Still, you do have this, that you hate the deeds of the sect of Nic·o·la´us, which I also hate. 7 Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations: To him that conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’

14 “‘Nevertheless, I have a few things against you, that you have there those holding fast the teaching of Ba´laam, who went teaching Ba´lak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit fornication. 15 So you, also, have those holding fast the teaching of the sect of Nic·o·la´us likewise. 16 Therefore repent. If you do not, I am coming to you quickly, and I will war with them with the long sword of my mouth.

20 “‘Nevertheless, I do hold [this] against you, that you tolerate that woman Jez´e·bel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and misleads my slaves to commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent, but she is not willing to repent of her fornication. 22 Look! I am about to throw her into a sickbed, and those committing adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds. 23 And her children I will kill with deadly plague, so that all the congregations will know that I am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give to YOU individually according to YOUR deeds.

Rev 3:

12 “‘The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine. 13 Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations.’

Rev 21

16 “‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to YOU people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star.’”

17 And the spirit and the bride keep on saying: “Come!” And let anyone hearing say: “Come!” And let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.

So you "couldn't care less what" Jesus said in the book of Revelation yet you claim to serve him. Do you really know what you're talking about?

Last chance - are you really sure that Revelation is not God's word?

interesting...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

If I'm delusional because I believe that the Bible IS the written Word of the Living God - then I'm proud to be delusional.
Thanks
I never said that and you are just taking the martyr defense, which is only defending yourself, demonstrating your self-assumed noble character.
Look at the title of this thread and look at the name of the person who started it.
Now, what is it that I am objecting to?
For the answer to that, see two lines up.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by edmc^2

Thanks
I never said that and you are just taking the martyr defense, which is only defending yourself, demonstrating your self-assumed noble character.
Look at the title of this thread and look at the name of the person who started it.
Now, what is it that I am objecting to?
For the answer to that, see two lines up.

Sir,
I'm not taking the martyr's defense as there's no need to. I'm merely saying that I'm proud of defending the Bible thus the title of this thread. It couldn't be anymore clearer than that. As for the name - if you're referring to edmc^2 - it relates to Albert Einsteins' famous formula E=mc2 - created it / used it in scientific discussion where time and space was part of the topic - thus edmc^2.

So back to my question to you:

...again, why do you say the "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery?

repeat - not others - but you. what convinced you that "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You've clearly demonstrated your lack of understanding on these matters and i chose not to deal with your ramblings anymore...

I figured as much. This is what people do when they are proved wrong and they don't have the words to defend their position since they were proven wrong. Look at bogo, he ran away for the same reason. Poor Bible babes....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
reply to post by Griffo

EXCELLENT!!! Truly an amazing picture that says it all. The flying spaghetti monster would be proud of you!

But seriously, men wrote the bible. Not 'god'.

I have said this on ATS before, but as the White Stripes say, it bears repeating, now. Many years ago, a Russian literary critic by the name of Ivan Panin got booted out of Russia for anti-Tsarist activities. He went to Germany, and then to America. He, like many before, began to study the Bible with an eye toward discrediting it. His interest was caught by some of the word usages, such as why a simple word like "the" was used in some places and not in other places. In time he began to study the number equivalents of the Hebrew and Greek letters. As you may know, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and many other ancient languages had no separate symbols for numbers, so letters did double duty. What he found was that by simple arithmetic, patters of numbers could be found in the text, and that these patters spanned verses, chapters, books, and indeed made up a coherent pattern from end of the Document to the other. Most of these mathematical features are divisible by seven, and single verses have been shown to have dozens of patterns just within the verse. OK, so what does that mean?

It means:

The Biblical text was written/inspired by One Entity, not many human authors. Consistent patterns of numbers connect the whole thing, so the text is made of "whole cloth," as the saying goes.

That Entity possesses thought processes which stagger the imagination. If you do not think so, try writing imabic pentameter poetry which is not drivel. Any experienced poet can tell you it is taxing, but what we have in the Bible is orders of magnitude more difficult.

That you really, really, really should pay attention to the message of the Bible. The math proves the Bible, and the Bible says to hear the Word of the Lord.

That the Book's author, God, does indeed, exist.

BTW, if you're so stoopid as to think I am talking about Equal-Skip Letter Sequence codes, go and soak your head, or better yet, REPENT.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

edit on 13-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

. . .why do you say the "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery? . . . what convinced you that "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery?
I was not saying anything about your user name, I was saying that I was in a discussion with you because this is your thread.
And, the other thing, besides the fact that you authored the original post, is the title of the thread, which contains the word, infallibility.
You are pretending that I am attacking the Bible in general, while I am attacking the infallibility claim.
Anyone who knows anything about the Bible would not make such a claim for the Bible, as it being infallible.
These were hand written and copied documents and were in the hands of people who felt it their right and duty to change things in the text that they did not like for one reason or another, to the point of even writing complete letters under an Apostle's name, if it helped their own agenda, which at that time was the existence of an ecclesiastical hierarchy, which equates to, in simple terms, money and power for certain individuals who have these positions, as described in the forged letters.
If you want to claim ignorance of such matters, then so be it and let the reader be advised that the OP of this thread is in a self enforced state of ignorance in regards to the truth of the changes made to the New Testament, or how the Bible came into existence.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

- just looking for some facts.

if you have anything to offer that is.
This post by you should be a warning to yourself and I ask you to take heed of this warning that is in your own words that you are possessed by an evil, trickster spirit and you need to seek the Lord to be cleansed of it. Your soul is infected and is not suitable for heaven.
edit on 11-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

There you go again, judging people on too slim evidence. I could do the same and say that YOU are possessed by an evil, judgmental spirit, and I would have more evidence to back up my opinion than you have had to drop the bomb on poor edmc or myself. Plank, anyone?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

. . .why do you say the "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery? . . . what convinced you that "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery?
I was not saying anything about your user name, I was saying that I was in a discussion with you because this is your thread.
And, the other thing, besides the fact that you authored the original post, is the title of the thread, which contains the word, infallibility.
You are pretending that I am attacking the Bible in general, while I am attacking the infallibility claim.
Anyone who knows anything about the Bible would not make such a claim for the Bible, as it being infallible.
These were hand written and copied documents and were in the hands of people who felt it their right and duty to change things in the text that they did not like for one reason or another, to the point of even writing complete letters under an Apostle's name, if it helped their own agenda, which at that time was the existence of an ecclesiastical hierarchy, which equates to, in simple terms, money and power for certain individuals who have these positions, as described in the forged letters.
If you want to claim ignorance of such matters, then so be it and let the reader be advised that the OP of this thread is in a self enforced state of ignorance in regards to the truth of the changes made to the New Testament, or how the Bible came into existence.

OK - if you're not attacking the Bible why then say that the "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul a forgery?

Unless you can prove it, but if not then why broadcast to all that it is? Who are you trying to misled and who are you doing a favor?

As for Infallibility - let me please repeat what I said in the OP:

Simple reason is that - It's author God (YHWH - Jehovah/Yehowah/Yahweh) IS the Living God!

He is the Almighty God having the Will, the Wisdom and The Power to fulfill his own Word and his promises. Thus whatever he says will be done.

I hope you got it. So God's Words - what he said, his thoughts and promises will be fulfilled because he is a LIVING God - thus his WORD IS infallible!!

I'm not referring to the LETTERS or the material on which the God's Word was written in. I hope I'm clear on this.

If not, let me go further - the many Bible translations shows that there were errors/mistakes found thus a new version is needed. However the thoughts and the intentions of the words remained intact.

But one thing is for sure! Whatever God said will be fulfilled because as I said already:

"He is the Almighty God having the Will, the Wisdom and The Power to fulfill his own Word and his promises. "

As for people using the Bible to enrich themselves or to gain power - God will judge them accordingly.

So ...again, why do you say the "Pastoral Letters" of the apostle Paul forgery?

In addition - prove that God's Word recorded in the Bible are fallible - a mistake made by God.

If you can prove it then I'm proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

He is the Almighty God having the Will, the Wisdom and The Power to fulfill his own Word and his promises. Thus whatever he says will be done.
There is a verse that sounds like that.
Romans 4:21
He was fully convinced that what God promised he was also able to do.

The "word" in this case came from a messenger of God, in some form, as in a direct (as much as that was possible) word of God, and not something written on a scroll, which was passed down and copied.
Here's another one that looks like that.
Revelation 17:17
For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to give the beast their power to rule, until God’s words are fulfilled.

Again, this is not specific words, but more like concepts that some people who were God's prophets knew, but not necessarily written down in a way where it is spelled out, step by step, but more of a general sort of thing like, Justice will be done.
God gives commands and things are carried out but at a level higher than we are privy to, other than the fact that God is doing such things.
I have to think that the reason you are so defensive about the Timothy "letters" is that you can not find another verse to replace the one found there, that says something about "all scripture" being of a special quality.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Interesting how you completely avoid quesitons i asked you....

No worries though im used to it, i've been dealing with people like yourself for years.

The Bible was NOT written by God but he used (44) men to write it in the span of thousands of years.Thus by allowing and inspiring these men to write the Bible, God is the AUTHOR - thus the written Word of God.

Alright you believe whatever you want... i will not believe such statements. The bible was written by men with agendas, and most of it had nothing to do with God as far as authoring it... This is my opinion and i'll stick with it.

It does not only contain the Words of God, but contains historical of events for good reasons.

I won't deny that, but it also contains many situations where God commanded people to kill other people, which is not something God would do, in any circumstance.... why would he need others to kill for him? Its completely rediculous and illogical to even consider such things if he is this omnipotant being and God of creation. Though from what i've seen from you, logic isn't your strong point... so whatever i guess.

The fact that God allowed the things to be recorded means that there are lessons to be learned from them.

Correction, he did not allow anything... he commanded these attrocities, which makes him less then perfect... Less then loving... More so a fake God, and definately NOT my God. You can keep him... And i will deny your God at every turn... Simply because your God proves to be nothing but a spiteful, jellous, hateful, and vengeful being that doesn't deserve the paper the words are written on...

But since you believe that the entire Bible is NOT the Word of God, tell me then which books are not or should not be part of the Bible?

If not books, which verses should be taken out or cherry picked then according to you?

As anyone can clearly see you have no idea what cherry picking is, and i've already explained it to you... That is a little sad honestly, but whatever...

I didn't say anything in the book needs to be removed, it still helps show who understands and who does not...

May I ask - should these words by Jesus in the Book of Revelation be taken out also since you said:

I couldn't care less what Revelations has to say...

Of course you can... unlike you i answer questions that are asked of me.

Again, why would you take anything out of this book?

Basically what you're saying is, if you don't agree with something thats said in a book, you should destroy it?

interesting... I think hitler had that same ideal....

And i'lll skip the revelations quotes.... not interested in the least...

So moving on...

So you "couldn't care less what" Jesus said in the book of Revelation yet you claim to serve him. Do you really know what you're talking about?

I know exactly what im talking about, but as far as i have seen from your posts... you really don't...

And thank you once again for proving my point... which is, YOU don't read what others post within your own thread. I've never said i serve him... Not once... at least try to pay attention here please!

You don't answer quesitons people ask you most of the time, convienently skipping what you can't answer. Just like the rest of the people like you... and yet again, you're telling me i've said something that i haven't.

On the other hand, i answer everything im asked.

Jesus said nothing within revelations, as i've said before... It sounds nothing like how he spoke in the actual books where his words were quoted... It reads nothing like the other books... AND... Inspired does not mean directly from who john claimed it was from... Its possible yes, but highly doubtful all things considered.

Last chance - are you really sure that Revelation is not God's word?

LAST CHANCE?!?! Before what?

Nothing proves Revelations is from God, the so called prophecies within the book are extremely vague, and could be talking about any event within the past...

I have no interest in prophecies what so ever... Nor do i have any interest in your hero Paul...

Any more questions? Or was that my last chance?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

You've clearly demonstrated your lack of understanding on these matters and i chose not to deal with your ramblings anymore...

I figured as much. This is what people do when they are proved wrong and they don't have the words to defend their position since they were proven wrong. Look at bogo, he ran away for the same reason. Poor Bible babes....

You figured did you...

I've already explained this to you... several times.

1. Your answers are garbage.

2. You post quotes that have nothing to do with what is being said in the conversation.

Meaning...

3. Clearly you know little to nothing about what you preach.

And to top it off...

4. You continiously assume you are correct and mock others because you think you're correct, though you have yet to prove a single solitary thing within this thread.

So, as i've said...

Im done with you in this thread... You have nothing to add to this thread simply because you don't even know what you're talking about half the time... For example, You didn't even know that John was making a statement, Not Jesus a few pages back. Which anyone that actually reads the bible could tell you

That tells me and anyone who actually understands the bible that YOU DO NOT understand what you preach.

Thus, it is completely pointless for me to speak with you about these things.

I will be happy to answer questions you have for me... But debateing with someone like you is pointless...

Understand?

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join