It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
I just read through this entire thread, took me about 2 hours to read and reread all 32 pages. Admirable job here, edmc2, your patience is astounding...

To Bogomil:

I did notice that he explained Genesis 1 and 2 about 4 times, perhaps I could help him to clear that up?

please do "clear it up" so as to continue the debate, hes had some solid points if of course one can understand him. That can get tricky at times...

Bloody Bogomil eh...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by graphuto

Actually i assumed the same thing as Jm, though if i was wrong i appoligise.

Though i said nothing towards defaming you or your character i might have came off a bit harsh....

No not at all. Maybe I am just over-analyzing, but anytime you reference "a God you don't believe in" you usually make a point of saying "your God" or what have you. In that Sodom and Gomorrah instance, the choice of your words was "God was pissed" and not "that God was pissed" or "a God was pissed."

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'd say that where the discrepancy is is here:

Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

And it looks to me like someone is interpreting it to mean that he is forming them AND bringing them to Adam at the same time?

It reads very plainly to me, though this isn't exactly what is SAYS, as this

"God had formed out of the ground all the beasts. He brought them to Adam to name them."

There is nothing there that disputes the chronology...
edit on 15-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Actually i assumed the same thing as Jm, though if i was wrong i appoligise.

Though i said nothing towards defaming you or your character i might have came off a bit harsh....

No not at all. Maybe I am just over-analyzing, but anytime you reference "a God you don't believe in" you usually make a point of saying "your God" or what have you. In that Sodom and Gomorrah instance, the choice of your words was "God was pissed" and not "that God was pissed" or "a God was pissed."

Good point...

I was typing and thinking at the same time, i guess i forgot to add "a" God or some God...

Honestly i thought it was pretty clear that the God i believe exists is not the God of "most" of the bible. You've just read the entire thread, i've been there many times just to find an enterance into various threads so i know where you're comming from.

So honestly after reading this thread do you think i would consider S&G the work of the God i believe in?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It would appear not. But Jesus referenced scripture a few times, did He not? What scripture could he possibly have been referencing?

Are you suggesting that there is another supernatural entity with the power to turn rock to ash?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

He apparently referenced the OT many times, and the events there in...

Unfortunatly this is again something i can't explain... It goes against the God of love and compassion that he speaks about, but i've also read that the people of S&G were murderous rapists, which may or may not be true.

I don't claim to have all the answers, and if the God that destroyed S&G in the OT is the same as the God that Jesus spoke about... I would assume(keyword).... that these people were among the worst in history... What other reason would a loving God do such a thing, unless the whole place was litterally a mistake, or just got so out of hand that God could not deal with it anymore, and he put a stop to it.

Also this is really the only proof that exists of a possible supernatural event that happened in the bible, if it is what they claim.... which again, i don't know.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Haha there is such a diversity of belief among believers it's no wonder it's so hard to show others! (Not an attack on anyone! It's just crazy to me!)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Haha there is such a diversity of belief among believers it's no wonder it's so hard to show others! (Not an attack on anyone! It's just crazy to me!)

actually its quite easy to show others with the right frame of mind.

Show love... be love!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You call yourself a priest, yet you act like a child....

You're a frickin joke man, just like your answers

Please don't make me laugh more then your thread already has.

looks like I hurt someone's pride....BWGHAHAhahah! more to come in the future, so if you can't handle little words, I would back out now while people still think you may be an adult

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You might want to explain how the number of bits of velum has to do with the quality of the resultant product.
It may be that was how many variants Erasmus needed to get the results he wanted, all the typos and "corrections" made through scribal errors over the centuries, so he could find backing for all the things he wanted his Bible to teach.

you just keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night man. More power to ya!

But at least my account is backed by credible history....while yours is basically your own opinion (or more likely another man's opinion that you adopted...)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

you were being derogatory towards Akragon because he did not like the god who was killing and ordering killings

This is the God I serve and worship. And believe you me! God is far from done with all his killing!! lol, What do you think Jesus was talking about in Matthew 24 and 25!!!! And Revelation too! My my the idea people have of God......

My God both loves and hates....if he didn't then I would have a one sided emotional sociopath of a god unable to feel emotions beyond that of love...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He apparently referenced the OT many times, and the events there in...

Unfortunatly this is again something i can't explain... It goes against the God of love and compassion that he speaks about
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now....This goes right along with my beliefs AND I CAN explain it! God hates and loves. Period.

You know Jesus talked about Noah many times right? He talked about Jonah as well. And S&G.....and many other wicked people he referenced...all dealing with God killing them if they did not get right and repent. Some did, others didn't. So what did God do? Killed them.

What? you think he doesn't still kill people today.....? You think all these natural disasters are......natural? You think wars just happen without God allowing it? You think the Holocaust happened with God not knowing about...or allowing it? oh my.....

When people need killing God is there to provide the sword. When people need loving, God is also there and provided his Son....which just so happens to be called His sword as well...go figure! (john 1:1, Rev 19:13-15) to deep for most of you babes though

edit on 16-9-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Just reminding you of my question from your bible question thread

why did god try to mug Moses when he was going to the pub – and how come he failed?

Exodus 4:24
And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.

oh unless you are one of those Christians who thinks the LORD is Jesus - in which case why did Jesus try to mug Moses when he was going to the pub – and how come he failed?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

What? you think he doesn't still kill people today.....? You think all these natural disasters are......natural?
Oh, you mean like those church members who picket with the signs that say "God Hates Gays"? (or some more negative word)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

no...I mean like natural disasters....are we on the same page?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Just reminding you of my question from your bible question thread
why did god try to mug Moses when he was going to the pub – and how come he failed?
Exodus 4:24
And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
oh unless you are one of those Christians who thinks the LORD is Jesus - in which case why did Jesus try to mug Moses when he was going to the pub – and how come he failed?

Exodus 4:22-28
22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.
27 And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.
28 And Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which he had commanded him.

The LORD didn't seek to kill Moses you Bible illiterate babe, he sought to kill Gershom (Exodus 2:22). He sought to kill him because his mother Zipporah was a gentile and would not SUBMIT to her husband Moses and circumcise the boy, to show he was a Hebrew.

This is the problems you run into when marrying outside ones religion or race.

Anywho, look how you know this: When Zipporah saw GOD was about to kill her son for her disobedience, she ran and circumcised the boy real fast like!!! (verse 25)

Then she cussed Moses out loud in front of God and her child, angry that she finally had to "cut" her boy.

Moses was not even there, nor was he even close by! If you read verse 27 you see Moses was way out still talking with God in the wilderness......So what God was trying to kill Moses boy...? Why the second member of the trinity of course....guess who that is? BAMHWHAHA!!!! Jesus...just like you said in jest. How ironic.

Once again, people not being able to read simple English clears up more Bible questions.
edit on 16-9-2011 by KJV1611 because: added text

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

here’s what NIV says (yes I know, but it is a little clearer)

24 At a lodging place on the way, the LORD met [Moses] and was about to kill him. 25 But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son's foreskin and touched [Moses'] feet with it. "Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me," she said. 26 So the LORD let him alone. (At that time she said "bridegroom of blood," referring to circumcision.)

So the lord meets Moses and was about to kill him when Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son's foreskin and because of this the LORD let him alone (didn’t kill him)

Wow – I just have this image in my head – the lord (all terminator like, opens up on Moses with one of those mini-gun’s, Moses dives for cover – we cut to Zipporah grabbing a knife and hacking off someones foreskin then rolling across the floor – reaching out and touching Moses with it – causing the lord deactivate from kill mode

So let me ask – why would the lord want to kill Moses for a design flaw (the foreskin ) that the lord had built into humans in the first place?

edit on 16-9-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

You call yourself a priest, yet you act like a child....

You're a frickin joke man, just like your answers

Please don't make me laugh more then your thread already has.

looks like I hurt someone's pride....BWGHAHAhahah! more to come in the future, so if you can't handle little words, I would back out now while people still think you may be an adult

Uhm, no.... i don't like being called a troll by a troll....hypocrite much?

Your words mean nothing to me because i've seen your so called answers on your page... As i've said, why do you think most people just abandoned it... Simply put... your answers are not sufficient.

Im sure people know who i am... unlike you i don't act out when things arn't going right. I don't demean people or condem people as you do.

And as i've said, comming from a so called priest, be it self proclaimed or otherwise... Its inappropriate, and quite pathetic.

But bring on your insults, show your colours

ttys im sure

edit on 16-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Oh and just for fun, and because you decided that attacking me for no reason was a good idea...

Lets see an example of your answers shall we..... from your thread.

You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet

So like your God you're a racist to start...

I have talked to Rabbis, Priests, satanists, agnostics (those with no knowledge, that is the meaning of a(no) gnostic(knowledge), hindus, budda bellies, shintos. and many more. They are helpless at the wisdom and power found in the King James Holy Bible.

And a liar....

And I am commanded to judge my friend, myself first then others, so as to not have a beam in my eye. If we don't judge each other, then you have anarchy

Judgemental? Obviously...

And a bunch of other nice stuff... all of which can be found in that thread of yours. The truth is you have no answers yet you think you do... And the best part is, this is one of the reasons i post here.... To show the forum who you are, what you're about... And what people like you do to the world.

Hate and ignorance... ya we need more of that....

So we'll soon see what comes of this...

edit on 16-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Thank you for posting the NIV perversion, this is just one of thousands of examples of the pathetic attempts of new bibles trying to be "more scholarly LOL!!!! It amazes me, it really does. But like I said, God wasn't going to kill Moses, Moses was not even there. God was after Moses's boy because he was not "cut". Dealing with Circumcision is a whole separate question. Which I will answer if you want to know, but you have yet replied intelligently to the answer I gave you.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join