It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Did you noticed something about the list below?
What are they?

Witches
Homosexuals
Fortunetellers
Hitting Dad
Cursing Parents
Adultery
Fornication

They are UNHOLY ACTS.

Are these UNHOLY acts allowed in your life?
Nothing wrong with them in your POV?

In other words - if you're a family head and wanted to protect your children from such acts - will you allow them?

What would your children think if you say you hate such wicked acts yet allow them in your family circle?

But, if you really knew how these unholy acts were practiced back then - by nations not knowing the Creator of the heavens and the earth - you'll probably will feel sick to your stomach - then again maybe not seeing that you're OK with them.

But as reminder - lets review: Before coming into an agreement, God commanded the Israelites the following:

“20 And God proceeded to speak all these words, saying:
2 “I am Jehovah your God, who have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slaves.
3 You must not have any other gods against my face.
4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.
5 You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me;
6 but exercising loving-kindness toward the thousandth generation in the case of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 “You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.
8 “Remembering the sabbath day to hold it sacred,
9 you are to render service and you must do all your work six days.
10 But the seventh day is a sabbath to Jehovah your God. You must not do any work, you nor your son nor your daughter, your slave man nor your slave girl nor your domestic animal nor your alien resident who is inside your gates.
11 For in six days Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea and everything that is in them, and he proceeded to rest on the seventh day. That is why Jehovah blessed the sabbath day and proceeded to make it sacred.
12 “Honor your father and your mother in order that your days may prove long upon the ground that Jehovah your God is giving you.
13 “You must not murder.
14 “You must not commit adultery.
15 “You must not steal.
16 “You must not testify falsely as a witness against your fellowman.
17 “You must not desire your fellowman’s house. You must not desire your fellowman’s wife, nor his slave man nor his slave girl nor his bull nor his ass nor anything that belongs to your fellowman.”” ....(Exodus 20:1-17)

All in all there were about 600 laws that were given to the Israelites. After learning all of them here's what the nation of Israel promised God:

“. . .Then Moses came and related to the people all the words of Jehovah and all the judicial decisions, and all the people answered with one voice and said: “All the words that Jehovah has spoken we are willing to do.” Accordingly Moses wrote down all the words of Jehovah. Then he got up early in the morning and built at the foot of the mountain an altar and twelve pillars corresponding with the twelve tribes of Israel. After that he sent young men of the sons of Israel and they offered up burnt offerings and sacrificed bulls as sacrifices, as communion sacrifices to Jehovah. Then Moses took half the blood and put it in bowls, and half the blood he sprinkled upon the altar. Finally he took the book of the covenant and read it in the ears of the people. Then they said: “All that Jehovah has spoken we are willing to do and be obedient.” So Moses took the blood and sprinkled it upon the people and said: “Here is the blood of the covenant that Jehovah has concluded with YOU as respects all these words.”” (Exodus 24:3-8)

Penalty for disobedience?

“Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three.” (Hebrews 10:28)

(notice - witnesses are needed before someone is accused of guilt)

Also:

“‘But the soul that does something deliberately, whether he is a native or an alien resident, he speaking abusively of Jehovah, in that case that soul must be cut off from among his people.” (Numbers 15:30)

(notice: if the act is deliberate, a willful disregard of the law - proven by witnesses then one is pronounced guilty - liable to the penalty of death)

But let's see if you really know the Bible as you portray yourself to be:

Simple question:

Why were the commandments GIVEN to the NATION of ISRAEL only and NOT any other nation on earth?

If you can answer this simple question then you WILL understand the "law of Moses".

(I'll pick up the rest of what you said later).

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by Akragon

What are they?

Witches
Homosexuals
Fortunetellers
Hitting Dad
Cursing Parents
Adultery
Fornication

They are UNHOLY ACTS.

In other words - if you're a family head and wanted to protect your children from such acts - will you allow them?

What would your children think if you say you hate such wicked acts yet allow them in your family circle?

But, if you really knew how these unholy acts were practiced back then - by nations not knowing the Creator of the heavens and the earth - you'll probably will feel sick to your stomach - then again maybe not seeing that you're OK with them.

But as reminder - lets review: Before coming into an agreement, God commanded the Israelites the following:

2 “I am Jehovah your God, who have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slaves.
4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.
5 You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me;
6 but exercising loving-kindness toward the thousandth generation in the case of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 “You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.
10 But the seventh day is a sabbath to Jehovah your God. You must not do any work, you nor your son nor your daughter, your slave man nor your slave girl nor your domestic animal nor your alien resident who is inside your gates.
11 For in six days Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea and everything that is in them, and he proceeded to rest on the seventh day. That is why Jehovah blessed the sabbath day and proceeded to make it sacred.
12 “Honor your father and your mother in order that your days may prove long upon the ground that Jehovah your God is giving you.
13 “You must not murder.
15 “You must not steal.
17 “You must not desire your fellowman’s house. You must not desire your fellowman’s wife, nor his slave man nor his slave girl nor his bull nor his ass nor anything that belongs to your fellowman.”” ....(Exodus 20:1-17)

All in all there were about 600 laws that were given to the Israelites. After learning all of them here's what the nation of Israel promised God:

“. . .Then Moses came and related to the people all the words of Jehovah and all the judicial decisions, and all the people answered with one voice and said: “All the words that Jehovah has spoken we are willing to do.” Accordingly Moses wrote down all the words of Jehovah. Then he got up early in the morning and built at the foot of the mountain an altar and twelve pillars corresponding with the twelve tribes of Israel. After that he sent young men of the sons of Israel and they offered up burnt offerings and sacrificed bulls as sacrifices, as communion sacrifices to Jehovah. Then Moses took half the blood and put it in bowls, and half the blood he sprinkled upon the altar. Finally he took the book of the covenant and read it in the ears of the people. Then they said: “All that Jehovah has spoken we are willing to do and be obedient.” So Moses took the blood and sprinkled it upon the people and said: “Here is the blood of the covenant that Jehovah has concluded with YOU as respects all these words.”” (Exodus 24:3-8)

“Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three.” (Hebrews 10:28)

Also:

“‘But the soul that does something deliberately, whether he is a native or an alien resident, he speaking abusively of Jehovah, in that case that soul must be cut off from among his people.” (Numbers 15:30)

(notice: if the act is deliberate, a willful disregard of the law - proven by witnesses then one is pronounced guilty - liable to the penalty of death)

Simple question:

Why were the commandments GIVEN to the NATION of ISRAEL only and NOT any other nation on earth?

If you can answer this simple question then you WILL understand the "law of Moses".

Ya you're missing the point, unholy acts or not... these are instances where "God" commanded people to kill other people. This is not something God would do.

Homosexuality is natural, it occurs in nature in all species. God created them if you will, he has no reason to want to destroy them, let alone tell others to do so.

Witchcraft... isn't unholy. As a matter of fact wiccan's are much more "holy" then 90% of christians.

I don't need to review the 10 commandments, i understand them completely... clearly as you can see most do not, but they were changed to two main commandments. Both of which involve love...

And, who cares why the commandments we're given to whoever, it makes no difference in this day.

The fact is your book has many instances where "God" commands another to kill... which completely invalidates your innitial arguement.

The bible isn't Gods written word, its mans "inspired" word... mostly written for control of the masses...

edit on 30-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by Akragon

What are they?

Witches
Homosexuals
Fortunetellers
Hitting Dad
Cursing Parents
Adultery
Fornication

They are UNHOLY ACTS.

13 “You must not murder.
15 “You must not steal.

Also:

Simple question:

Ya you're missing the point, unholy acts or not... these are instances where "God" commanded people to kill other people. This is not something God would do.

Homosexuality is natural, it occurs in nature in all species. God created them if you will, he has no reason to want to destroy them, let alone tell others to do so.

Witchcraft... isn't unholy. As a matter of fact wiccan's are much more "holy" then 90% of christians.

I don't need to review the 10 commandments, i understand them completely... clearly as you can see most do not, but they were changed to two main commandments. Both of which involve love...

And, who cares why the commandments we're given to whoever, it makes no difference in this day.

The fact is your book has many instances where "God" commands another to kill... which completely invalidates your innitial arguement.

The bible isn't Gods written word, its mans "inspired" word... mostly written for control of the masses...

edit on 30-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Sounds like you own a copy of the "Book of Wiccan's". If you don't mind I have a question as well.

How do you know what God would or wouldn't do if you don't believe in his message? It's a little naive to think that you have the answers about a God you don't believe in.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

That's comical, all we need to here is change "Bible" to "Science" and "God" to "Scientist". You fall to realize that your on the page as every one else.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Science (from Latin: scientia meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

Imagination, also called the faculty of imagining, is the ability of forming mental images, sensations and concepts, in a moment when they are not perceived through sight, hearing or other senses. Imagination is the work of the mind that helps create.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, there's a difference.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Science (from Latin: scientia meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

Imagination, also called the faculty of imagining, is the ability of forming mental images, sensations and concepts, in a moment when they are not perceived through sight, hearing or other senses. Imagination is the work of the mind that helps create.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, there's a difference.

Keyword to the in first quote is "predictions" not facts. Science is nothing but guesses, every now and then they actually prove something. Unfortunately the only proof they been able to produce that is mind blowing is going to the moon.
edit on 30-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Keyword to the in first quote is "predictions" not facts. Science is nothing but guesses, every now and then they actually prove something. Unfortunately the only proof they been able to produce that is mind blowing is going to the moon. ]

No, the key word is "Testable". You have heard of the scientific method right? You know the thing where you form a hypothesis then test it to determine whether or not it's correct, and draw conclusions based on the evidence you gathered?

Listen, the only person you have to blame for failing science class in the 5th grade is yourself. Stop making up imaginary friends to comfort you.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

In response to the unintelligent circle reasoning of yours - here's an OBJECTIVE - testable evidence 'Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible! That it never makes a mistake!

Consider this very simple verse (more to follow):

American Standard Version --

And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground -- Gen 2:7.

Is there proof that man is from the "dust of the ground"? That is, can we find objective, testable scientific evidence that indeed man was created from the "dust of the ground"?

(here's what I posted in another thread)

The late famed biologist Nobel Prize winner Dr. Alexis Carrel stated:

“Man is literally made from the dust of the earth. . . . The staple foods may not contain the same nutritive substances as in former times. Mass production has modified the composition of wheat, eggs, milk, fruit, and butter, although these articles have retained their familiar appearance. Chemical fertilizers, by increasing the abundance of the crops without replacing all the exhausted elements in the soil, have indirectly contributed to changing the nutritive value of cereal grains and vegetables. Hens have been compelled, by artificial diet and mode of living, to enter the ranks of mass producers. Has not the quality of their eggs been modified?”—Man the Unknown.

Now notice the list below where the nutrients to sustain man comes from, proving that man was indeed "from the the dust of the ground":

MINERALS IN THE BODY
Macro Minerals

Mineral -- % of Body -- Where Located -- Value -- Some Good Sources

Calcium -- 1.5-9 99% -- in bones, teeth. -- Milk, -- other dairy

Aids in blood clotting, - products, cabbage,
muscle activity, - kale, etc.,
nerve function, - unrefined cereals,
heart action; - legumes, bone
activates certain - meal.
enzymes. (Most persons
do not get enough
calcium.)

Phosphorus -- 1.0 - 75% in bones, teeth. - All protein foods:
Aids in cell life, re- meats, fish, nuts,
production utilization legumes, dairy
of carbohydrates, fats products,
in maintaining acid-base unrefined cereals.
balance; nourishes brain
etc.

Potassium --.35 - Found in cells. Plays All fruits, vege-
leading role in utiliza- tables. Potato
tion of proteins, carbo- peelings richest
hydrates; helps maintain source. (Must be
normal heartbeat. taken daily.)

Sulfur -- .25 Found in (and important Protein foods,
to) skin, fingernails, onion, cabbage
hair; the “beauty families.
mineral.”

Sodium -- .15 Found throughout body. Table and sea
Maintains water balance, salt, cheese,
osmotic pressure in body butter, cereals.
fluids; aids in maintain- “A diet truly
ing acid-base balance; low in sodium
indispensable for kidney would be hard to
function. achieve.”

Chlorine --.15 Mostly in extracellular Salt, meat, leafy
fluids, part of hydro- vegetables, milk,
chloric acid in stomach. tomatoes, etc.
Aids liver function,
maintaining acid-base
balance.

Magnesium -- .05 Bones, soft tissues. Nuts, legumes,
Important to heart, fish, whole
nerve tissue; vital grains, blackstrap
to a host of enzyme molasses, raw
functions. leafy vegetables.
Micro or Trace Minerals

Iron -- .004-7 In hemoglobin. Aids in Liver, lean meats,
bringing oxygen to cells; legumes, egg
aids certain cellular yolks, molasses,
enzymes. (Women need dark leafy greens,
more iron than do men.) raisins, apricots,
berries, onions.
oysters, whole
grains.

Manganese-- .0003 Essential for bone Whole grains,
formation, body growth, legumes, beet
normal metabolism; tops, pineapple,
activates many essential bananas, blue-
enzymes. berries, saltwater
fish.

Copper --- .0002 Aids in utilization of Liver, kidney,
iron; activates many shellfish,
essential enzymes. “Key legumes, nuts,
element to life itself.” raisins, unre-
fined cereals.
Micro or Trace Minerals

Iodine -- .00004 Mostly in thyroid gland. Seafood (animal
Controls metabolism and vegetable),
rate, aids in forming mushrooms, crops
thyroid hormone, grown near oceans,
prevents goiter, etc. iodized salt.

Zinc -- Trace Mostly in sex organs Animal proteins,
and thyroid. Plays fish, whole grains,
vital role in enzymes maple sugar.
needed for growth and
body functioning.

Molybdenum --Trace Essential for bone Legumes, whole
formation, normal grains, dark
metabolism, body growth. leafy greens,
organ meats.

Cobalt --Trace In pancreas, liver, Liver, legumes,
spleen. Aids in blood whole grains.
formation, vital part
of vitamin B-12.

Fluorine -- Trace Found in bones and Seafood, tea.
teeth. Prevents tooth
decay.

Chromium -- Trace Contributes to growth, Raw sugar.
longevity, resistance
to disease, especially
diabetes.

Bromine --Trace Persons suffering from Watermelons,
depressive psychoses tomatoes.
found to have less than
average in blood.

Note: It is to be expected that authorities differ; listings are representative rather than comprehensive. New findings might add more.

Conclusion:

This is a scientific proven fact! Only those who use circle reasoning will contradict this - otherwise they will have to agree that once again - the Bible is CORRECT because again it's never wrong.

edit on 31-7-2011 by edmc^2 because: post

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
couldnt be bothered to read all 18 pages of this thread . in response to OP the letters of Paul I do not beleive to be the word of God , but the dead sea scrolls discovered last century did confirm that the script we already had of Isaiah's work is indeed mostly authentic and remained unchanged.

now where i depart the christian ship is where they start quoting only paul, plus the tiny tiny segments of the OT which suit them. This behaviour comes, then they think it gives them licence to start adding a whole huge heap of bull from their own

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You wrote (similar to your misleading title):

["Again - the written word of God is NEVER wrong - the information contained therein are ALL trustworthy and 100% reliable - thus Infallible!"]

And for seventeen pages, and in practically all of your posts, your 'proof' consists of: "BECAUSE."

Are you here to convince yourself......or alternatively actively trying scare anyone wishing to include rational arguments away from your religious convictions?

So what happened to the rational approach, I have been expecting, and which you initially joined, only to make a disapperance-act, when it got to close.

edit on 31-7-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You wrote to Akragon:

["Sounds like you own a copy of the "Book of Wiccan's". If you don't mind I have a question as well.

How do you know what God would or wouldn't do if you don't believe in his message? It's a little naive to think that you have the answers about a God you don't believe in."]

'Clever', but not clever enough.

Thesises about this or that, however abstract, fabulated or absurd, can be considered. Though it seldom goes so far, even academic non-sense sometimes manifests in e.g. doctoral thesises, which are evaluated from both systematic and 'outcome' perspectives, and found worthless.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You wrote:

["Keyword to the in first quote is "predictions" not facts. Science is nothing but guesses, every now and then they actually prove something. Unfortunately the only proof they been able to produce that is mind blowing is going to the moon."]

What 'science' are you referring to? I can with absolute certainty say, that it's not the 'official', self-defined version, you are talking about. Do you have a special homecooked fantasy of what science is, you use instead?

And anyway your argument is epistemological, so it would better to take it honestly from there, instead of introducing semantic acrobatics.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

A comment on your recent post to Nosred.

If you, for the duration, are so 'informed' about the science-bible relationship, why do you not answer to the basic, VERY simple questions put to you initially. Instead of going off in further, divertive circle-argumentation and pseudo-science.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo

edit on Mon Jul 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--
What knowledge does the napkin give, or prophecy has the napkin fulfilled? Does the napkin hold truth that has never been corrected?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dezero

As when napkinism last time was presented, I can ......as a pastafarian......offer an outstretched hand and a promise of a non-competitive attitude concerning napkinism. Including science/logic for that sake too.

Now that we anyway are at the simplest methodology-position, it's possible to start from....: "BECAUSE".

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dezero
What knowledge does the napkin give, or prophecy has the napkin fulfilled? Does the napkin hold truth that has never been corrected?

I'm not sure.... but it can create the animals, a rose and can even be used as a bow tie... so at least it's useful in that regard... I would say you can wipe your arse with it too, but I suppose the bible could be used for that as well, although it wouldn't be nearly as comfortable....

the miracle of creation right before your eyes...

edit on 31-7-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: funny fingers

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Aaaaaah, but we are all (in the popular theist inclusive way meaning: Some of us) getting ironic now. And consequently I will be sanctimonious and warn about thread-topic digression, which can bring down the wrath of forum admin on us.

But even worse, we may bring in pseudo-justifications for 'bashing' or 'persecution'. As if this thread already doesn't contain enough going off in a multitude of directions. So I will be monomaniacally insistent and hope for a return to the interesting epistemological basic position of: "BECAUSE"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

The Bible is not the infallible Word of God... It's a collection of texts written by fallible men who felt inspired to share their views on what they thought God was and wanted.... tinted by their own wants... It is full of allegory, andd contradictions, not to be read literally....

The documentary hypothesis is simply one tool among many to better understand the intentions of it's authors...

No, I won't take the time to explain to you how it works and the many variations of it.... if you want a better understanding I'll post a video with a very elementary explanation of what has been put forward by scholars as to how the bible was put together... If you feel compelled to look into the history of OT theology in more detail I would suggest one of the many books available on the subject...

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
. . . Akkadian and probably some akkadian canaano hybrid as far as that goes....
Thanks. I might have sounded like I was being sarcastic or maybe to someone else reading my post.
This is just something I had wondered about. The Hebrew of the OT is not something that existed until fairly recent times like 600 bc.
If Moses did write a book in Akkadian, it could have ended up in Babylon or a city of that empire and the Jews could have found a copy and added that to what they knew of that history and were able to make the OT by bringing together the fragments they could gather and collect.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join