It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has found me? Am i cursed? What kind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ill first start off by saying that there are no pictures to be posted. No "caught on footage", no "evidence".

Just my own damn words

Yesterday, 17JUL11, i was dog sitting for my friends who are on a little vacation with family. Well i was dog sitting the whole weekend, but yesterday is when things got interesting.

Saturday i had helped a friend early in the morning with his landscaping business. We worked from 0630 to about 1500. After work i called up some friends, had a few beers and laughs and then called it a night around 0100. The next morning i awoke, around 0630 and couldnt fall back asleep. I took the dogs out, and then set up camp downstairs to play some games and watch a few movies.

At 1310 i started to dose off, my body shutting down to recover lost strength from yesterday. Right as i began to fall asleep, and i mean RIGHT as i started getting there, it happened.

I was overwhelmed with a feeling of paranoia and fear, i couldnt move and that struck the fear deeper than in years. I then immedietally found myself looking through a view about 100 yards up the street from the house. I could hear low....chanting? There were many voices on top of eachother. I could hear it clearly, but it was in no language i knew how to speak nor undestand.

Then, like a flash of lightning, my view started rushing down the street torwards the house, the chanting/voices getting louder. 75 yards,50 yards, 10 yards. It reached the garage door which rushed open at impossible speeds, bursted through the secondary garage door (the voices extremely loud at this point) and came over the top of me looking straight down.

Then i awoke. A new feeling of fear and paranoia inside. All i was wondering was where was it....where is it. Doors were shut. Strange shadows seemed to move in places they shouldnt be. Something had found me. Or someone....

Now its here with me, or at least it seems like it. My life literally seems and feels different to me. Nothing bad has happened thus far. Still got up this morning, showed up for work. Nothing.......

I dont want to hear about religion. My mind is already made up in the issue. You wont change it, and i dont feel the need to have to defend myself in that manner. Its my choice, deal with it. Just take this how you will. I only wanted to share this experience, not debate it because it DID happen.

Anyways, ill be on and off, but ill always be right here.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
In the end, it had my heart racing, and my eyes searching. This is the second time something like this has happened to me. Not in the exact same way, but similiar in how it happened.

I just done know anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sounds like sleep paralysis to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Scary story OP. I am leaning (and hoping, for your sake) toward a very lucid and scary dream occurring just as you were drifting off (we have all "kicked out" more than once while falling asleep).

Now I am not one for man-made religion, but I have seen and heard the power of St. Michael's prayer.
It can't hurt, regardless of the credence you give it, if you truly fear that something evil is near you.

Also, in my personal experience, talking with authority and informing the entity that is unable to hurt or corrupt you can keep you safe. It's all about willpower and this plane of existence is ours, not that of the spirits/demons/what have you. I know it sounds out there, and I don't pretend to know much about these things other than what I have experienced and researched based on said experiences. But I truly believe that your will is all you need.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by klawsraught

Yeah, i was. For about 10-15 seconds. What about it?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hi,

It really does sound like some variation on the sleep paralysis experience. There is a thread here with lots of members sharing their experiences.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great story. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Scary story OP. I am leaning (and hoping, for your sake) toward a very lucid and scary dream occurring just as you were drifting off (we have all "kicked out" more than once while falling asleep).

Now I am not one for man-made religion, but I have seen and heard the power of St. Michael's prayer.
It can't hurt, regardless of the credence you give it, if you truly fear that something evil is near you.

Also, in my personal experience, talking with authority and informing the entity that is unable to hurt or corrupt you can keep you safe. It's all about willpower and this plane of existence is ours, not that of the spirits/demons/what have you. I know it sounds out there, and I don't pretend to know much about these things other than what I have experienced and researched based on said experiences. But I truly believe that your will is all you need.

Never bash your opinion. Be proud of who you are and what you think, regardless if its religion or some other form.

Well, you helped me remember, right after i awoke and saw a few moving shadow (in broad daylight) i said "Dont f**** with me. Go away". I had read that that's what others had done before so i figured what the hell.

I just dont understand the chanting. And the rushed view that approached me. It was almost like a hitman was zeroing in on a signal to his/her target. Rushed to me like it had been searching. Not saying its a hitman or something trying to kill me (i dont believe that death is an option for entitys/ghost/powers/ etc.), but strictly an example.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have this happen to me all the time, the feeling of something is just not right like you don't even feel like everything you are looking at is real. You feel this like deep fear inside you and you almost feel nauseous.

Usually happens after a bad dream, or after I've watched real footage of war. The entire feeling seems to last for hour sometimes longer.

Best thing I've came up with to stop it is go outside exercise or just do something productive that doesn't involve the constant bad thoughts of what could or couldn't be wrong with you.

Hope this helps peace
edit on 18-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
I have this happen to me all the time, the feeling of something is just not right like you don't even feel like everything you are looking at is real. You feel this like deep fear inside you and you almost feel nauseous.

Usually happens after a bad dream, or after I've watched real footage of war. The entire feeling seems to last for hour sometimes longer.

Best thing I've came up with to stop it is go outside exercise or just do something productive that doesn't involve the constant bad thoughts of what could or couldn't be wrong with you.

Hope this helps peace
edit on 18-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

I have had the experience a few times. Thing is, it never creeps on me. Least the feeling. It just.....shows up. Like a flash of lightning. Im fine, and then i close my eyes and within seconds control is GONE. Thats what i dont get.

Its like a switch. No fuse to show symptons, no building up feeling.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

That had all the signs of what people describe as an OBE/astral projection experience.

People lie down, experience strange vibrations/or noise, have sleep paralysis, then they experience themselves out of their body, and with control they can do whatever they want, flying is very fun.
Many people practice to do this on purpose.

The reason it seemed scary to you is because the mind is a powerful thing, fear of the unknown, and if your scared in that state, weird crap happens!
edit on 18-7-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by klawsraught

As someone who's experienced this many times,I agree with you. OP don't discount this fact.It's a scary experience and always seems real.What made me think this is when you said you couldn't move.
edit on 18-7-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

maybe you need...

really i hope things sort themselves out...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The swooping towards the house and the voices seemed to me similar to "the entity" from the Evil Dead movies as they come towards Ash.

Can't give any advice or help explain what it could be but pretty cool story for sure.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
yeah uhm... im not a big fan of the whole sleep paralysis explanation.... it is completely over used and a simple unverifiable explanation for a much more complex and misunderstood experience....

I have had many similiar experiences and have come to the conclusion that it is something more sinistair than plain ole "sleep paralysis".

Deep down you know what is normal and what is not......if things start feeling not-right or repeat episodes start occuring, research as much as you can on the subject and take action......

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OPs comment;
"I dont want to hear about religion. My mind is already made up in the issue. You wont change it, and i dont feel the need to have to defend myself in that manner"

I must correct you on this statement as you have entered into a religion, it's just not been called that yet.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And that post above belongs on another thread! Darn iPhone! Sorry!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
culd chalk it up to just a scary dream, or culd be any number of things, have you maybe pissed someone who mite be into some form of black magic or the occult? just a thought or what games were u playing before you startrd to drift off?? agian just another thought but keep us posted if anything else like that occurs

new topics

top topics

join