It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need Regime Change At NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
With the Shuttles return to flight slated for next year maybe, I feel that we should take this time of manned flight inactivity to examine the agency itself.

NASA once the pride of the nation, the launcher of the moon shots, the interplantary explorer, has become a bloated federal agency, with managers and accountants calling the shots, not engineers etc.

Perhaps it is time to clean out NASA and start from scratch with a leaner more streamlined agency.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i completely agree. it makes me glad that other companies and private groups are making a lot fo headway in this, especially with so little funding in comparison.

also, the only reason NASA is bloated is because of all the beaurocracy. they definitely need more money allocated the agency, but only after a lot of those "officials" have been gotten rid of.

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I also agree about the bloated bureaucracy that has infected NASA. Things always seem to get inefficient when there is too much corperate management. Time for NASA to shed it's dead weight. That should help free up some money and get it flowing into the right places.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I would have to be the 4th to concur. NASA needs to return to being a Technocracy not a Bureaucracy! Many wonders that honestly blew the mind were achieved in the earlier days, probably up until the mid 80's. At that point I noticed a big slow down of activity at that point.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
How about starting from the boss at the white house?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
How about starting from the boss at the white house?

A top down cleanout would be the best way to re-vamp NASA to what it should be.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
what do you all thing they are currently doing under the new vision
on space exploration ... presented by pres. bush on 14th of january 2004 .

And now Sean o'keef is running Nasa mayor changes are and have been set in action to change overall nasa organisational structure.
the whole complex and infrastructure is being changed for the new vision
this will take time.

before saying we need changes take in mind they are changing now. and we have to see what the changes are going to affect the future of nasa.

www.whitehouse.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

top topics

join