It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen hammers parents to death and then has a party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I knew an awesome girl when I was in junior high school 7th-9th grade. She was Captain of her schools Basketball & Volleyball teams as well as I was at my school. That was how I knew her, always courteous, sweet, & respectful. Our 9th grade year her mother passed.
There were 3 feeder Jr Highs to our High School. How exciting that we would now be playing together. Well my friend was no longer the same....she was always late to practice with her court only shoes caked in mud, always had a glazed look, was totally with drawn, & would carry the bible with her & often seen starring into space clutching the bible while sitting on the stairs rocking. What a shame, as this was NOT the person I knew before. After graduating I found at during College in the Fall that when her mother passed her father & brother blamed her for it...she was being mentally & physically abused, raped, & who knows what on a continuous basis. I couldn't believe no one stepped in while we were in high school to help her.
That fall she killed her father & brother, stabbed them over 135 times with 7 different knives.
Such a shame...they drove her to it....

Videos, Movies...yes I am for them being rated, I'm not sure on the violence that they would make you go out & kill someone....the desensitizing bothers me, but that also bothers me on the effect it has on the whole population. I also think people or kids could have a disorder that's not known & watching some of theses things could trigger it. Reminds me of someone being an epileptic & sorry I can't put it together but there was some kind of light pattern or flash on a TV or computer screen that would trigger a seizure?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by knowseriously

Sometimes, I do use it as an outlet to express my anger. Like when people come out of nowhere to say that I'm using it to express my anger. I have no idea what you meant by that.

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
That little snippet is not all the information....here's some food for thought.
He has a brother that is 9 years older than him that moved out the house not too long ago.
It is quite possible that there was some sort of family altercation and it may have been the brother or both of them that perpetrated the crime.

I'd like to point out that a 26-year-old man moving out of his parents' house is usually a good thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
(1) He is a sociopath and a psychopath....

...oh, caladonea - i cant move on just yet...

...you were NOT incorrect... a person can be both... psychopathy and sociopathy are often described (by highly revered doctors in the mental health field) as two sides of the same coin...

...clinically speaking:
...psychopathy = genetic causation...
...sociopathy = environmental causation...

...not only is it possible that a person is both but it isnt even unusual...

...ie: the child of a psychopath... not only has the genetic flaw been passed down to the child - but - the child will do whats normal for all kids, emulate their parent's behavior - and - that is sociopathy...

...hope that clears THAT up...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
POLICE: Port St. Lucie teen hacked parents to death, threw party

Read more: www.cbs12.com...

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Police say a teen "brutally and mercilessly" hacked his parents to death with a hammer and then threw a house party via Facebook invites while their bodies remained in a locked bedroom. Port St. Lucie police were dispatched to 371 NE Grandeur Ave. at 4:20 a.m. Sunday on a tip that the 17-year-old had murdered his parents and the bodies remained inside the house.
Police arrived and were greeted by a "nervous and panicky" Tyler Hadley, 17, and evidence of a house party. Behind the locked master-bedroom door were the bodies of Blake, 54, and Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, Tyler's parents. The bodies were partially buried under household items with a hammer between the two bodies.
Police say the bodies were only partially hidden under linens, books, picture frames and towels.

What can be said about this gruesome horrible act? A 17 year old boy, a recent high school drop out. His parents worked for the local nuclear power plant. The kid recruited people for his party on facebook and the party goers did not know his parents lay murdered in a locked bedroom. Is this a sign of the times? I wonder if he was on or recently taken off anti-depressants?
edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Thats what you get mom and dad when you tell me to clean my room.
No seriously thats horrible

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I blame video games.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Video games still did it, though.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
it wasnt just video games, facebook is to blame also.and nuclear power just aggrivated the situation.
nothing bad ever happened before these things.
when will people learn!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i don't think video-game or violent movies are to blame, and I don't think that desensitization of the violence is necessary a catalyst to more violence or bad things, I'm not really affected by those news, yet I don't think this should happen nor do I crave for the Apocalypse on earth or more violence, see? its separated things.

BAD people will do BAD things, no matter the epoch.
edit on 18-7-2011 by nekomata111 because: typo

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've played video games since I was a kid. I had a lot of trouble growing up. I got teased a lot. I went inside my shell and never came out. I used games and my computer to get away from everything. I never have had violent impulses towards people. I'm sickened by gore in games, in fact. The thought of violence makes me recoil. I've always preferred strategy and role-playing games. The only kind of violence I ever liked was blowing up things. I loved to do that in games. I'm anti-social. I'm selfish. But does that mean I'll murder someone? No. That's absurd.

Can games hurt anti-social people? Sure. But anti-social people have much bigger problems than games. To address the problem you need to know what's causing it. If my foot is sore, for example, and I sit all of the time because it hurts, removing the chair and expecting me to get up and walk is stupid. I'll stumble and gasp in pain. Help me to fix the foot and that's quite a bit more effective than a reactionary approach. God I hate innocent but misguided help.

And sometimes the solution is worse than the disease. I see it first hand with my sister. She is a destroyed human being. The pharmaceutical industry, in my mind, contributed to it. The drugs they fed her didn't make her better. She is nothing now. Before she might have been psycho, but what she is now isn't better. She is a dried up husk of a human, barely even recognizable.

Here're some more ideas for the ungifted and unlearned to go over:
1) Encourage developers to make educational games
2) Slowly wean anti-socials until they're mostly off of games, but not all at once
3) Teach people how life is more interesting than games
4) Find solutions and think with your head, not your emotions
5) Some damage is permanent; there're some things you can't fix about people

Games will never be eliminated from life. Nor will sex in the media or the movie making industry or the fat cats from Wall Street or the fast food makers. Real life. We have to find a middle ground.
edit on 18-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I know what the saying signs of the times mean. I wasn't saying that.... I was saying how is an extreme minority of violent teens/mental illnesses a sign of anything?

It's been here forever.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There is a thread,,14 year old kills Father and Granmother over video game

These things happen so often now..that we seem to be becoming callous to the horror

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by caladonea
(1) He is a sociopath and a psychopath....

...oh, caladonea - i cant move on just yet...

...you were NOT incorrect... a person can be both... psychopathy and sociopathy are often described (by highly revered doctors in the mental health field) as two sides of the same coin...

...clinically speaking:
...psychopathy = genetic causation...
...sociopathy = environmental causation...

...not only is it possible that a person is both but it isnt even unusual...

...ie: the child of a psychopath... not only has the genetic flaw been passed down to the child - but - the child will do whats normal for all kids, emulate their parent's behavior - and - that is sociopathy...

...hope that clears THAT up...

Some people say I am right...some people say I am wrong....I say that I try....thanks for your input...I think you may be right!

edit on 18-7-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
how mentally ill could he have been if he had the capacity and intelligence to go on facebook and invite people over.

lets blame it on a chemical imbalance and not that american society is broken and polluted, were kids have no respect for anything and their highest ambition is to be a baller.

most likely he hacked his parents to death because they wouldn't let him have a party.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You clearly have a weak definition of "mental illness". There are many different varieties of mental illness, and those holding it can be perfectly logical in most ways while completely failing in one aspect. A close friend of mine, for example, is one of the smartest people I know, devouring literature in all its aspects and solving Symbolic Logic puzzles without a hitch; but because of her mental illness - an anxiety disorder -- she cannot evaluate herself with all the credit she is due.

I have a similar depressive disorder, but am not nearly as smart as her, so I didn't want to use myself as an example.

"Mental Illness" does not blanketly mean that you are an idiot or incapable of rational thought. It means that there is an abnormality in your mind which causes problems with the way you interact with the world or with others or even with yourself. Many of the Mentally Ill are completely incapable of this; but not all.

In other words, brush up before you talk smack, bro.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

More like a sign of bad parenting.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

I guess "sign of the times" is supposed to mean maybe all those studies connecting violence on television and video games acting to desensitize SOME susceptible youth to commit the violence lessening the impact import or consequences of those acts by seeing them everyday in video games and on TV or movies like SAW ...are right.

Here we go! Don't blame this on video games. I hate all this rubbish about video games being the problem.
Video game violence looks nothing like real life violence to me. It's fake and it clearly looks fake to me. I can't see anyone be dismembered or shot or blown up in reality I'd be sick all over the place (yes, I've seen some horrible stuff on the internet.)! But I can see it happen in a game and not be affected badly because I know it's fake. I'm one of the most non-violent people you could meet. And I PLAY all these "horrible" games. I've been punched square in the face, and just walked away.

what about murderers before games? And movies are also not to blame. This kid clearly snapped, and is a moron. Wouldn't surprise me if there are other cases like this where someone has murdered someone, then gone and done something like this afterwards.
edit on 18-7-2011 by BoneMosaic because: spelling

I totally agree.. it sadens me greatly when someone starts blaming computer games and movies for people not being able to conrtol themselves... i also see this thread hurtling off topic now as it has been mentioned...

i am not violent, i play violent computer games, i cannot even watch movies like hostel because certain scenes make me gag, but i dont believe if you can watch them your going to murder people...

i think this is either parents fault/ health services fault or sad to say one of the unfortunate blips in the human race where chemical unbalance exsists even only for a random amount of time...

this cannot be put down to moder societies recreational activities!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I can't help but be amused how so many people claim "mental illness" when a person commits murder. It's simply not true.

This kid was sane and will probably get the death penalty over this.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
it wasnt just video games, facebook is to blame also.and nuclear power just aggrivated the situation.
nothing bad ever happened before these things.
when will people learn!

Is it possible your mood is influencing your opinion here?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

....lately there has been a video going around called "Three Guys and a Hammer"....ever heard of it? Well most teenagers have and many have seen it. 3 teenage serial killers in Russia, who would come up to strangers, and literally beat thier brains out with hammers. I know this is hard to hear, but this is the stuff kids are watching. The three teenagers drag a man to the woods and beat him with a hammer and torture him in the sickest way imaginable, while the man is making horrible noises. I could never watch it, but on youtube, there are scores of "reaction" videos which show kids reacting to this live gruesome murder, The 3 teenagers in the video are laughing with glee as they do this, making fun of the dying man. So the point I;m making is this......I'm an adult and I could never watch something like this and have it NOT affect me.....so what do you think it does to kids?

This is nearly the most disgusting thing I ever heard and is my worst fears realized.
It should be a crime. Is that freedom of speech?
It should be a crime to watch such a film but then it would be a crime to watch the nightly news.

A Clockwork Orange affected me.
Made me repulsed but should I fear anyone who liked it?
It is difficult to say what affects people but hard to say that violence like this doesn't.
In short, I agree with you 150%

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

POLICE: Port St. Lucie teen hacked parents to death, threw party

Read more: www.cbs12.com...

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Police say a teen "brutally and mercilessly" hacked his parents to death with a hammer and then threw a house party via Facebook invites while their bodies remained in a locked bedroom. Port St. Lucie police were dispatched to 371 NE Grandeur Ave. at 4:20 a.m. Sunday on a tip that the 17-year-old had murdered his parents and the bodies remained inside the house.
Police arrived and were greeted by a "nervous and panicky" Tyler Hadley, 17, and evidence of a house party. Behind the locked master-bedroom door were the bodies of Blake, 54, and Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, Tyler's parents. The bodies were partially buried under household items with a hammer between the two bodies.
Police say the bodies were only partially hidden under linens, books, picture frames and towels.

What can be said about this gruesome horrible act? A 17 year old boy, a recent high school drop out. His parents worked for the local nuclear power plant. The kid recruited people for his party on facebook and the party goers did not know his parents lay murdered in a locked bedroom. Is this a sign of the times? I wonder if he was on or recently taken off anti-depressants?
edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Thats what you get mom and dad when you tell me to clean my room.
No seriously thats horrible

Something tells me your karma number is just going to keep sinking until it disappears completely.
edit on 19-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join