It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FL Homeowner kills intruder with 44 magnum.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Surprisingly this is the entire News Story.
I just heard about this amazing story on the CBS Chan 12 Local News but unfortunately I cannot find the video which showed the homeowner himself telling the story and showing the home and how intruder broke glass in a door, opened a deadbolt and broke in.

The television news report was much more descriptive and also told how the homeowner was awoken by his little girl screaming and he came on to find an intruder weilding 2 butcher knives up in the air and approaching where his children sleep. The homeowner already had his gun drawn and asked the intruder WHO ARE YOU?
To which there was no answer and the intruder made another move toward his children..."I took a step back and fired" and the intruder died from a single gunshot. The homeowner called police who were there within 5 minutes. This happened in Greenacres Florida and I think states a case for every homeowner to be armed. If this homeowner did not have a weapon he and his family might have lost their lives to this creep.

GREENACRES, Fla. -- At 4:13am police responded to calls reporting a shooting at 129 Fleming Avenue in Greenacres. Upon arrival, officers determined that the owner of the home had shot and killed a man who had broken into the home. James Fritz, 19, has been identified as the intruder. Fritz was arrested twice in 2009 for petty shoplifting, and resisting an officer without violence and possessing liquor while under 21. Fritz got into the home by breaking the window pane in the kitchen door. The daughter of the homeowner heard the noise, and woke her parents. Once inside, Fritz grabbed two large kitchen knives which he tried to use against the homeowner just before he shot. Read more: www.cbs12.com...

edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Good.
One less drain on society to sit around
in jail watching TV & lifting weights.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That's why we need to protect our right to own firearms. Several homes in my immediate area have been broken into recently. I plan to save ammuntition and make a clean run through with the bayonet if I'm pushed to the issue.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
Good.
One less drain on society to sit around
in jail watching TV & lifting weights.

That's the truth..not to mention a deterrent to future scum thinking of breaking into somebody's home.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Wow that is an amazing story! I can't imagine awaking to my children's screams and then seeing a man wielding butcher knives approaching the children. It seems like a nightmare. I'm sure it probably still doesn't seem real. Thank God and our founding fathers for the 44 Magnum!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
44 magnum. the most powerful handgun in the world.
it can blow your head clean off.
everybody needs one.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
now i don't ever want to hear the question "why do americans feel like they need guns?" again. protecting your family from a knife-wielding crazy man is a damn good reason.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He had 2 large kitchen knives? I would have emptied the entire clip on that son of a bitc.....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
See? There are stories with happy endings. Looks like a win-win to me. Homeowner is safe, the police are not endangered and the prison system saves a buck.
Seriously though, this is why you don't want to be caught with nothing smaller than a ,40 and hopefully a larger caliber handgun than that. Stopping power does have it merits especially when there's only a few feet between you, your kids and a knife wielding maniac.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: for spelling errors

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Bravo!

I'd like to add that most of you probably have the opportunity to protect yourselves and your families out side of the home as well. The Peoples Republic of Illinois refuses to grant us this right.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is outrageous!

All I can say is.....

I hope he gets his handgun back from the police.

You know they always take the thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ahhhhh, my .380 is just fine for me,.................. but when I am at home, I have the double pistol grip 12 guage with the 500k xenon light! I can sunburn him for proper identification, give him that distinctive pump sound for proper warning, and then blast him to bits for proper accounting and simplicity's sake!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just remember....

If you are in a situation where you have to shoot an intruder......make sure that its fatal.

Otherwise you could be open to litigation!

Sad, but true.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

One appreciates a homeowner who's prepared for all contingencies.

I hosted a Brit a few years back. He wanted to go to a gun store for obvious reasons.

While we were there he commented that all those guns were unnecessary with the police around.

I wish I'd had a camera. The store owner had this priceless sour look on his face.

I lived in the country for years. One needs firearms, one does.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

yeah, you could use that....if you wanted to repaint the walls red

i never much cared for the .380. sure it works, but idk...i want to go with the S&W 500 once i save up some monies, or is that considered overcompensating for something?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

HaHa, that might be overcompensating. I shot one a while back, and it kicks about like my shotgun!

Still a Super gun though, and nice to have, just to have.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

In a lot of states there is the Castle Law. Most states with the Castle Law protects the homeowner from litigation. My plans for the person that breaks into my home will not be death. It will be a bullet in the gut (most painful area to be shot) and both knees blown off (provided the situation allows for this scenario). I want this person to live and remember what he brought upon his self.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Mudman21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There are probably more stories like this all across the states.
Just search for the stories...I've read dozens.
The crap leftwing media outlets wouldn't dare tell you...
"We can't have gunwielding Americans protecting their lives?!"

I love anti-gun nuts.

Good for the homeowner!
That is an admirable person.
That's all I have to say really...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Just remember....

If you are in a situation where you have to shoot an intruder......make sure that its fatal.

Otherwise you could be open to litigation!

Sad, but true.

Their family will still likely sue you.

And they'll say things like, "You used hollow points. That means you were looking to kill someone", and other related BS trying to make it seem that you were the "bad guy" in defending yourself and your family..

edit on 7/18/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
reply to post by OccamAssassin

In a lot of states there is the Castle Law. Most states with the Castle Law protects the homeowner from litigation. My plans for the person that breaks into my home will not be death. It will be a bullet in the gut (most painful area to be shot) and both knees blown off (provided the situation allows for this scenario). I want this person to live and remember what he brought upon his self.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Mudman21 because: (no reason given)

Bad plan.

"Dead men tell no lies." That is the castle doctrine mantra. Police tend to favor it as well.

Also, you never say, "I killed him." You always say, "I shot him." One way it sounds intentional, the other way it sounds like self-defense.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join